View Full Version : Hotel in SoCo for 1-night stay with wife and doggie?

Jim in CT
08-18-2008, 08:07 AM
My wife and I want to start an annual tradiiton this year where we leave our 2-year old with his granparents, and we get away to the Charlestown/Galilee area for 24 hours or so. We'll pick a mid-week day in September or October when the weather is nice for walking the beaches with our golden retriever.

Are there any hotels in that area that are clean enough where my wife will like it, and that also allow dogs?

I have stayed at the Ocean View Motor Inn in Charlestown, which is very cheap, and you get exactly what you pay for - a good place for a guy's fishing weekend, not a good place to bring the wife!

Thanks,

Jim

Brian L
08-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Surfside Motor Inn(Narrow Lane, Charlestown) was re-done 2 years ago and they may(?!) allow dogs. They're not luxury accomadations(what place that allows pets is?) but it's clean and neat. Not completely sure about the dog situation, but you may want to try them. Couple of minute drive to the beach and all the amenities are close. A friend and I have taken the wives and kids there twice and it's been fine.

Charlie M
08-18-2008, 08:18 AM
I haven't stayed there in a few years, but the Cornerstone Inn just outside of Weekapaug is fairly nice. I am not sure of their dog policy though.

Jim in CT
08-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks.

And does anyone know when dogs are allowed on the beaches? I thought it was after Sept 1, but someone else told me it was after October 1st. We really enjoy long walks on the beach with the dog, and it would stink to get down there and find out we can't do it. Although even if dogs aren't allowed in September, is there anyone enforcing that, especially mid-week?

tynan19
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.seashellmotel.com/dogs.htm ????? In Westerly.

shadow
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I think napatree is a dog friendly beach all season long.

Joe
08-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Be careful of the Westerly cops - they'll treat ya like a king. Rodney King.

Jim in CT
08-19-2008, 07:10 AM
I think napatree is a dog friendly beach all season long.

I know it USED to be, but I remember reading on another forum that they don't allow dogs there anymore. Not saying that's true for sure, but I did read that.