View Full Version : Woods Hole

The Dad Fisherman
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
I might be going to Woods Hole for the weekend, looking to see how the fishing's been down there. Never been before so looking to spend most of the weekend wetting a line....any info would be much appreciated.

numbskull
08-19-2008, 10:32 AM
I might be going to Woods Hole for the weekend, looking to see how the fishing's been down there. Never been before so looking to spend most of the weekend wetting a line....any info would be much appreciated.

Boat or shore?
Day or night?
Restricted (ie family/job obligations) or no holds barred?

steve
08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
I've fished that area in August before and done fairly well with small bass. Without causing mass hysteria on the board, I'll just tell you to get out of the main town, heading east, lookingfor points and inlets along the ocean road in Falmouth. It won't be long until you find some fishy looking spots. Good luck. Oh, by the way, fish after dark, perferably with liv or rigged eels.

MVbluefish
08-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Make sure to bring at least 1 Bonito/Albie set up, tis the season:jump1:.

The Dad Fisherman
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Boat or shore?
Day or night?
Restricted (ie family/job obligations) or no holds barred?

Shore fishing
Anytime fishing
No restrictions other than a couple of walks (somebody wants someone to Dog-Sit, free house 2 minutes from the water)

Didn't even think of the albie situation...:hee:

TheSurfcaster
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM
check your "Private Messages".

american spirit
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
i know about a guy who got 40# class fish there at the end of september last year. he boated to an island though and surfcasted from there.

late-start
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
There are no fish in WH , so jump on the ferry instead ;)

The Dad Fisherman
08-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh well they dangled the carrot then pulled it back....looks like I'll be fishing the usual haunts this weekend

Thanx for all the responses though guys it was appreciated.