View Full Version : OMG - another Obama rant from RIJ

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Just read this on CNN, how INCREDIBLY biased is this????

FROM CNN’s Jack Cafferty:

The polls indicate the presidential race is tightening.

CNN’s latest poll of polls shows Barack Obama leading John McCain by just one point — 45 to 44 percent. That’s down from a 3-point lead in yesterday’s average of polls and down considerably from a few weeks ago.

While Obama was vacationing in Hawaii last week — McCain had the stage almost all to himself. Suddenly the Russians rolled into Georgia and McCain was in the catbird seat. Also some of McCain’s negative ads — a la Paris Hilton and Britney Spears “celebrity” spot — seem to have resonated with voters. And it looks like McCain made inroads with some members of the Republican base with his interview at Rick Warren’s church.

All of this creates a problem for Barack Obama who has gone out of his way to run a positive campaign based on the issues, and for the most part has chosen not to engage in the schoolyard stuff that characterizes U.S. politics. He may no longer have that luxury.

Once again, I'll get slammed, but here I go. SO Obama....might need to go negative?
Duh,,,,, what the hell is THIS>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtXOBH6U89Y

And McCain gained ground from his interviews at Rick Warren's church.......nice try CNN to tie him to the wacky Evangelical right, but Obama was ALSO at Rick Warren's church and he sounded like a moron! When asked simple questions he blah blah'd his way through it and never made a point. McCain was clear and concise on the same questions.

This is pure f'in media bull$hit. Somehow Spence will tell me I am crazy but the CNN article is an absolute LIE. Obama is sinking in the polls because he now has to stand up and be a candidate. Its not him against evil Hilllary.
Just for the sake of argument, I am not a McCain supporter, just a hater of the liberal biased, Obama loving, media

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 08:20 AM
for the record, McCain voted against Cheney's energy bill, Obama for it........

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Obama, hope, change

(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama on Wednesday lambasted his Republican rival's economic plan, arguing that Sen. John McCain would continue President Bush's policies and "we can't keep on going in the same direction."
At a rally in Martinsville, Virginia, Obama said, "John McCain has provided honorable service to our country, but, when it comes to his economic policies, he is promising and proposing the same things we've been doing for the last eight years."

Looks like he is running on the Nebe - lets hate Bush platform! Lots of good info Barak,,,,and your plan is?

Nebe
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
I dont see Obama's name on that youtube clip.. what makes you think he had anything to do with it..

I wish everyone would realize that more drilling in the Gulf will make no difference in oil prices.. all Opec will do is lower production to keep the prices up.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
its the DNC, and their candidate is?

The DNC is up with a new Web video -- “Exxon John” -- which mimics that widely panned “Big John” ad by Texas Sen. John Cornyn. The DNC says it will play this video at its Exxon-McCain National Day of Action events across the country this week.

But as the Center for Responsive Politics pointed out last week, while McCain has received nearly three times the amount of money from the oil and gas industry that Obama has, Obama actually has received more contributions from Exxon than his GOP rival has. *** UPDATE *** The DNC pushes back here that when you add DNC, RNC, and PAC contributions, the Republicans and McCain have received more money from Exxon than the Democrats and Obama.

But lets keep this on topic, can you read the CNN posting and tell me its not 100% biased to Obama???? Look at the tone. Obama has gone "ot of his way" to run positive campaign, Rick Warrens church benefited McCain. How McCain was in the "catbird" seat while Obama was on vacation. So f'in ridiculous, please tell me you can't deny that?

Nebe
08-21-2008, 08:43 AM
to be honest I have stopped paying attention long ago. Its pretty obvious to me that McCain is going to be looking out for big money and the top 1%... Obama is looking to help out the middle class.. remember the middle class?? They used to exist about 6 years ago.. they could afford a mortgage, 2 cars, take a nice vacation or 2 every year and they could even put away some money for thier kids college...

You think McCain is worrying about that? I doubt it.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 08:58 AM
to be honest I have stopped paying attention long ago. Its pretty obvious to me that McCain is going to be looking out for big money and the top 1%... Obama is looking to help out the middle class.. remember the middle class?? They used to exist about 6 years ago.. they could afford a mortgage, 2 cars, take a nice vacation or 2 every year and they could even put away some money for thier kids college...

You think McCain is worrying about that? I doubt it.

I think thats the actual issue Nebe. I dont want any president worrying about that. Its not their role. If the middle class wants those things, one answer,,,,work harder! Take classes, read books, get that MBA, etc. Thats what the country was founded on, hard work. The president is not resposnible to deliver 2 houses and a nice vacation. Thats INDIVIDUAL responsibility. Obama plans to help the middle class by taking away $ from the people that work hard and earn it. There are NO free rides anymore.
Knowing your business I am so surprised you dont get this. your base, in my guess, is generally wealthy people, buying luxury goods. No one NEEDS custom blown glass.

The Dad Fisherman
08-21-2008, 09:07 AM
If the middle class wants those things, one answer,,,,work harder! Take classes, read books, get that MBA, etc. Thats what the country was founded on, hard work.

Isn't that what the middle class is....the people who went to college/school and work hard day in and day out to pay the bills and try and afford the mortgage.

Sounds like you have the middle class lumped in with the Working poor.

EarnedStripes44
08-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Jim, the media has vested financial interest in making this appear like a horse race. Polls are not the end all-be all, especially considering any headway made by either candidate remains within a few points of the margin of error. The media, NBC, CBS & ABC, among others are receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from the campaigns & political action committees in advertising. By making this appear as if its a superbowl going into overtime, ad time comes at a higher premium, the campaigns inject more cash into the major network coffers. The media, like many other sectors of the economy, has been deregulated and the powerful oligopoly have forgone real news in the name of revenue generating infotainment. Companies will always want to purchase airtime, but the day-in-day-out campaign exposure and making sure this stays a horse race leaning back and forth and back on one or the other, keeps air time expensive for everybody and campaign advertising in high gear.

Look at the Hillary vs Obama series. Its was a media madhouse with millions of dollars stashed in the circus office closet.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 09:54 AM
earnedstripes is right.. I have a feeling Obama is going to win by a land slide.. and if the media kept on saying that, then there would be no need for heated advertising, and no need for people to be glued to their televisions... Thats my biggest gripe with the media- Biased is one thing, but controlling the news to keep you watching is another. I hate it....

I caught a 50 this morning.... stay tuned to find out where.. :hihi:

Joe
08-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Getting an MBA or an advanced degree is supposed to be the ticket to the primary sector - not the middle class.
An honest person who works hard should be able to enter the middle class. Only 24% of Americans have a 4-year degree. You should not need an advanced degree to live in the same neighborhood my high school dropout father lived in.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Isn't that what the middle class is....the people who went to college/school and work hard day in and day out to pay the bills and try and afford the mortgage.

Sounds like you have the middle class lumped in with the Working poor.

No, I am saying you may have to work harder to live the type of life you want, thats all. There are no guarantees. The Obama camp is all about "entitlement" as Nebe notes. there is nothing in the constitution tha guarnatees you a house, car, job, vacation. Thats your problem. This country needs to provided the OPPORTUNITY for those things.
Bill Gates didnt become a billionaire becasue he was white, middle class, privledged, etc. he did it by working hard, taking chances, creativity,,,,every singel american has that same opportunity

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 11:11 AM
earnedstripes is right.. I have a feeling Obama is going to win by a land slide.. and if the media kept on saying that, then there would be no need for heated advertising, and no need for people to be glued to their televisions... Thats my biggest gripe with the media- Biased is one thing, but controlling the news to keep you watching is another. I hate it....

I caught a 50 this morning.... stay tuned to find out where.. :hihi:

the media doesnt control the polls, some, but not all. If you think Obama is goign to win by a landslide, you're not paying attention. Take a poll on SB and see, it wont be Obama.
The media discredits those that will vote for McCain as hard line conservaitves or evangelicals. The average american will be voting for McCain,,,,,,,you'll see.
I think I am going to write my own name on the ballot

Joe
08-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Gates went to a prep school that had a computer lab - one of the earliest. That was around 1970 - because he was privileged, he was provided an opportunity to discover his genius.
Not really that strange is it, that one of the few places that had computers, would give rise to one of the most influencial people in modern history? A person with a predisposition for computer genius would not discover their talent unless he went somewhere that had a computer. How many people missed their calling for lack of the same opportunity?

Flaptail
08-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Finally agreeing to offshore drilling on the Republican side and making it look like they see the light clouds the fact that the current republican administration did not engage in any way shape or form the big oil companies on why they were not doing any new drilling on the several undrilled but proven oil fields that are and have been legal to drill on in the gulf of Mexico for the last 20 years. Of course doing so they would have lessened our dependence of foriegn oil, kept the world demand from ensuring astronomic prices here at home and possibly kept Exxon/Mobil and others from record profits.

Hmmmm.........

Nebe
08-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Im not pointing fingers at any parties on this train of thought, but this country has systematically allowed corporations to pull the carpet out from under this nations working class by shipping so many jobs over seas... jim you say work harder... ok, so how is a guy supposed to work harder when there are fewer and fewer jobs available?? I am sure he can work really hard in a service based job like McDonalds..right? Maybe a grocery store? Ross Perot was right about the giant s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g sound..

There was a point when this country was the most powerful nation on earth.. we had the best industry, the best base of specialized workers working in the industry and the dollar was strong..... not no more..:(

Nebe
08-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Finally agreeing to offshore drilling on the Republican side and making it look like they see the light clouds the fact that the current republican administration did not engage in any way shape or form the big oil companies on why they were not doing any new drilling on the several undrilled but proven oil fields that are and have been legal to drill on in the gulf of Mexico for the last 20 years. Of course doing so they would have lessened our dependence of foriegn oil, kept the world demand from ensuring astronomic prices here at home and possibly kept Exxon/Mobil and others from record profits.

Hmmmm.........

Flap, drilling here wont make any difference in regards to saving you money.. opec will just reduce production and limit supply.. WE will pay more and the companies here will reap the profits.

wind, solar, nuklear, and biofuels are the answer. screw oil.. its never going to get cheaper...

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 12:05 PM
i'll grant you the offshoring is a bad thing, but I dont agree the government has a say. We're a free enterprise system.
as far as working harder and jobs, unemplyment rates are not even near the high mark. the data suggests were in good shape. I think there is plenty of opportunity for advancement for those that seek it out.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Unemplyment is not the issue Jim. How many americans had very good jobs 1o years ago, only to have them shipped overseas? Those people either scrambled to find another job in the same field or are now working lower paying jobs.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
heres an interesting read -Hope, Change!
Obama is sure to help the middle class?????

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/20/beck.cities/index.html

Nebe
08-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Im sorry but what does that article have to do with Obama? Or McCain for that matter? And I did not mention the poor.. I have been talking about the middle class.. who in the past few years are becoming an endangeres species.

There i a great difference between a poor bum who wont get off his ass and get a job and a husband and father who cant find a job that can support his family.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Where is Spence? he is good at giving jim the straight talk. :hihi:

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Im sorry but what does that article have to do with Obama? Or McCain for that matter? And I did not mention the poor.. I have been talking about the middle class.. who in the past few years are becoming an endangeres species.

There i a great difference between a poor bum who wont get off his ass and get a job and a husband and father who cant find a job that can support his family.

if the middle class is disappearing, they're either getting rich or poor, no? My point of the article is that the thinking that the wowes of the countrty are driven by the Repubs, doesnt add up.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Where is Spence? he is good at giving jim the straight talk. :hihi:

spence is still a McCains supporter, he just like to argue with me but deep inside he knows I'm right.

I truly have no idea if I am going to vote. I cant stand McCain either, just dont have any media love to react to.

The Dad Fisherman
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Bill Gates didnt become a billionaire becasue he was white, middle class, privledged, etc. he did it by working hard, taking chances, creativity,,,,

Actually Bill Gates became a millionare by ripping off some poor slob that invented DOS by buying it off of him for $5000.....then he was off to the races

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 01:20 PM
thats the technology, but someone had the brains to grow MS to what it is today. Thats what I was referencing. You can substitute Gates for the Google guys, Henry Ford, etc.
We're still the land of opportunity for those that seek it.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 01:25 PM
and when you find opportunity, you outsource it to china for a hefty profit and say screw you to any civic duty of possible employment of you fellow citizens who in the end, would be buying your product IF they can afford it.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
and when you find opportunity, you outsource it to china for a hefty profit and say screw you to any civic duty of possible employment of you fellow citizens who in the end, would be buying your product IF they can afford it.

Nebe! You finally got it! You didnt mention the government! So you, me or anyone else that cares can CHOOSE not to buy there products!

Oh by the way, here is the latest Obama ad - he sure is going out of his way not to be negative! :conf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpmFd25tRqo

Nebe
08-21-2008, 01:39 PM
I find nothing negative about that add.... :hee:

the goverment is not stopping me from choosing anything Jim... it never has. But what it used to do was protect its citizens by doing its best to have a strong well balanced economy and budget. It did this by trade tariffs, tax insentives for domestic growth, and most importantly, it did this by promoting the idea that patriotism was all about buying American made products instead that notion has been turned into killing muslims... hmmmm

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 01:55 PM
see, you make sense then get wacky. No one is promoting killing muslims.

I can be blamed for some of that, I have not and dont ever foresee buying an American car. I love Toyotas and Hondas and dont see the quality in US cars.
the manufacturing in this country is a major issue, but its been goign on for 40 years. We blossomed post WW2, when all other manufacturing countries were destryoed but as they started to rebuild, we have been goign downhill.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 02:01 PM
maybe capitalism is flawed.

Joe
08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
We blew up Japan and Germany, then paid to re-build them. When they were done, they had all new factories and a competitive advantage......
But what really gave Japan an edge was when they drafted their post-war constitution with virtually no military provision. No military, no military budget - thier tax money gets used for productive rather than destructive purposes.
Our federal budget consists of 42% to defense so we can be the world's SWAT team.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 02:22 PM
And what is it exactly that we are defending? Our nation was founded on the principles of our goverment serving OUR people. It seems to me that our military is used to protect financial interests these days.. I grow more and more skeptical every day of the way this whole show is run..

anyone got some cool-aid?

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
We blew up Japan and Germany, then paid to re-build them. When they were done, they had all new factories and a competitive advantage......
But what really gave Japan an edge was when they drafted their post-war constitution with virtually no military provision. No military, no military budget - thier tax money gets used for productive rather than destructive purposes.
Our federal budget consists of 42% to defense so we can be the world's SWAT team.

Not only that, we sent Japan our leading thinkers in processing. Japan used these processes to build their manufacturing. The concepts of Six Sigma and straight through processing were introduced and mastered by the Japanese.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 02:44 PM
So why did we do this?? Why has our country consistantly givin itself away?? Corruption?? Payofffs?? I doubt it is based on good will.

EarnedStripes44
08-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Ford Focus isnt bad. And those baby chevrolets are pretty durable. Most durable car I've ever known was my 98 black Chevrolet blazer. Tinted windows, leather seats, sun roof, power everything. I had a lot of fun in college with that car.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I guarantee you half of the focus is put together from asian parts...:hs:

EarnedStripes44
08-21-2008, 03:40 PM
...but enough with the nostalgia, most American car factories are in Ontario now. They just moved accross the Detroit River. Cheaper labor cost (company does not have to foot the bill on healthcare premiums, government healthcare is attractive to American car manufacturers).

EarnedStripes44
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
and sadly, your right about the asian car parts

Nebe
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
See. More lost jobs in the US.. And McCain says everything is fine?? :huh:

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 03:47 PM
See. More lost jobs in the US.. And McCain says everything is fine?? :huh:

No,,,,he says all economic indicators are fine. Jobs lost in one sector are replaced with jobs in another. the unemployment data is not that bad,,,5.1%? But....it is trending down which is not good.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 03:50 PM
So why did we do this?? Why has our country consistantly givin itself away?? Corruption?? Payofffs?? I doubt it is based on good will.

post WWII - i think it was goodwill and I think it paid off. Noone wanted to repeat the post WW1 disaster with Wilson's 14 points, so the US set out to rebuild. You have to remember that many people realized that WWII defeated Hitler, but made another enemy - Russia, much stronger. We needed all the allies we could get. Japan and Germany remain strong allies and trading partners and that can be atrributed to our treatment of them after the war.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 03:53 PM
ahh yes. That totally makes sense..

now back to opportunity, goverment opression and Obama

Joe
08-21-2008, 03:58 PM
The increased prosperity of one country does not necessarily mean another must have lost wealth. Economies are not finite - the pie we are cutting from can be enlarged.
A car can be built anywhere, but the financing is usually domestic. There's quite a bit of money in lending money so someone can buy the car made in Korea - sometimes there is more profit in the financing than in the production.

RIJIMMY
08-21-2008, 03:59 PM
man, you got to see this! This is McCains new add. Remember, I dont like McCain, but this add is DAMN funny!
stupid negative crap, but funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PetxaA42OuE

Nebe
08-21-2008, 04:00 PM
sometimes there is more profit in the financing than in the production.
Yes. especially when the customer financing the car is broke, has lost his telecominications job to some indian and has bad credit...

man I am cynical today.. I apologize. :fury:

Rockport24
08-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Getting an MBA or an advanced degree is supposed to be the ticket to the primary sector - not the middle class.
An honest person who works hard should be able to enter the middle class. Only 24% of Americans have a 4-year degree. You should not need an advanced degree to live in the same neighborhood my high school dropout father lived in.

THIS hits in on the head as the problem with America these days and I think Obama is more likely to begin to change this than McCain.

Nebe
08-21-2008, 05:16 PM
carefull.. that's my department... :hihi:..

hard NOT to be cynical, in today's world.....

:whackin: :wavey:

RIJIMMY
08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
this is no fun without Spence

spence
08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Sorry, I'm busy as a mother...I'll try to expose all the flaws in your comments later tonight when I'm on vacation.

thanks,

-spence

Nebe
08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I'm busy as a mother...I'll try to expose all the flaws in your comments later tonight when I'm on vacation.

thanks,

-spence

take your time Spence.. there are many to point out :humpty: :tm:

RIJIMMY
08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
ha!
Dont waste too much time, I'll forget about the thread over the weekend and never read it again.

Any cool vacation plans?

Nebe
08-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I think he is going to a day spa where he will be rubbed down in olive oil by small fat men wearing nothing but linen man-skirts and will have cucumbers laid all over his face. Or at least that is what I think his dream vacation is ... Somehow I doubt its a trip to a NASCAR event :laugha:

buckman
08-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Unemplyment is not the issue Jim. How many americans had very good jobs 1o years ago, only to have them shipped overseas? Those people either scrambled to find another job in the same field or are now working lower paying jobs.

I'll try to keep this short.
The way you drive jobs overseas is by making it harder for companies ( yes, big corporations) to make a profit. Close tax loopholes and make it less profitable and kiss the jobs goodby. It's why towns offer companies a tax break to move in. Obama will tax corperations right out of this country.

And while I'm on the subject. The rich people in this country put millions of us to work every day. They buy lots of things, they hire lots of services and they themselfs employ people to do everything.

This country was built on the premiss that anyone can make it with hard work. Not on the redistribution of wealth

Don't cry about unempoyment while your blasting the rich and the big companies. They are not your enemy here.:fury:

spence
08-22-2008, 11:15 PM
This country was built on the premiss that anyone can make it with hard work. Not on the redistribution of wealth
Yes and no.

Certainly the ability for anyone to achieve regardless of social status is what makes America special, but without the wealth redistribution that is our progressive tax system you wouldn't have a middle class, and without our middle class you wouldn't have the America of the 20th century.

-spence

spence
08-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Regarding the outsourcing comments above. Any American that thinks outsourcing is bad should really take stake in the glass house in which they live. This country and all of us have benefited from outsourcing in so many ways it's absurd to think about it.

The reality of today is that you have to be more nimble and accept that business as usual is in the past. We're in the middle of a huge paradigm shift and there are oportunities to exploit the needs of a growing middle class in many emerging nations along with our own.

Business has always been cylical and has always been about innovation. America's biggest problem today is that our pathetic leadership is inhibiting our ability to innovate as a NATION to maintain our position in the world community. As Tom Friedman writes, we're in a post 9/11 defensive crouch, and this isn't going to solve our problems.

-spence

likwid
08-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Obama will tax corperations right out of this country.

There are no profitable corporations left in this country to tax.

The rich people in this country put millions of us to work every day. They buy lots of things, they hire lots of services and they themselfs employ people to do everything.

Rich people don't get rich by spending money on things they don't have to. ;)

Don't cry about unempoyment while your blasting the rich and the big companies. They are not your enemy here.:fury:

When most don't care about their employees? That they're all just numbers and the less they have to pay them and less benefits they give them the better?

Screw em, let em employ 12yo chinese.

Regarding the outsourcing comments above. Any American that thinks outsourcing is bad should really take stake in the glass house in which they live. This country and all of us have benefited from outsourcing in so many ways it's absurd to think about it.

Keeps me and friends employed.
MORE OUTSOURCING!
HOORAY HORRIFIC CODE!

buckman
08-24-2008, 01:34 PM
You are wrong on everyone of your points Likwid. The rich do spend their money.

Yes, you are a number to most companies, but work hard, make yourself invaluable and see how well they treat you.

Most companies make a profit. they are not in it as a hobby.

Go to a flat tax or a national sales tax and do away with a progressive income tax. It's the only true way to make sure everyone pays their share, no more and no less.

OK Spence, Enlighten me...

Nebe
08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Go to a flat tax or a national sales tax and do away with a progressive income tax. It's the only true way to make sure everyone pays their share, no more and no less.

Hey we agree on something! :grins:

RIJIMMY
08-24-2008, 06:12 PM
rich people invest, putting there money into new technology, new business, etc. This is what fuels growth, not a damn thing the US GOvernment does. Spence, can you really blame "this administration"? :hs: You think that big business really cares who is in office? If they do, its more a matter of taxes.
You aint EVER gonna get new forms of energy unless some rich people put their money behind it.

I'm going into politicla hiding, there is no one out there reflecting my views, the "change" Obama is promoting is marketing BS for the I hate Bush Crowd, no substance and more "let the government fix things" for the losers of the world who cant get it done themselves. McCain, I have no clue what he stands for and is not going to do anything to move this country forward.

At a minimum, I hope whoever gets in, keeps us safe continues to keep terrorism at bay. The rest of the damage they may inflict can be reversed.

Nebe
08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
McCain, I have no clue what he stands for and is not going to do anything to move this country forward.

To be honest with you, I think that I would be tempted to want to vote for him if I didnt think he will continue the course that this country is on...

RIJIMMY
08-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Heard on the radio this morninr, Madonna kicked off her new tour by showing a massive video which shows McCain along with screens of Hitler and Obama with Ghandi and others. This is the type of crap that burns me up and is so hypocritical of the left. Has McCain ever been associated with any hate? Any racist division? No, but Obama HAS! There is NO doubt that Rev. Wright preached hatred and racial divide and was a mentor for Obama, 20yrs in that church. yet McCain is associated with Hitler. F'in morons.

likwid
08-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Has McCain ever been associated with any hate? Any racist division?

"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."

RIJIMMY
08-25-2008, 07:52 AM
source?

spence
08-25-2008, 07:59 AM
The "gook" comment is several years old, but it's a real comment. As usual, context is important here, and the context for this comment was that McCain was talking about his prison keepers in Vietnam, that to him that's what they were.

Considering what he went through, I can't blame him for having those feelings. Although as a public figure he should know better than to throw it about before a reporter.

-spence

spence
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Spence, can you really blame "this administration"? :hs: You think that big business really cares who is in office? If they do, its more a matter of taxes.
You aint EVER gonna get new forms of energy unless some rich people put their money behind it.
The energy challenges we face are larger than anyone really realizes. Sure rich people will have to invest, but given the short-term returns that our economic system mandates, this is a problem that will take decades to solve.

If we continue the Bush policy of "let the free market fix it" we're doomed.

This isn't to say we socialize the problem, but government needs to guide industry through incentives and funded research.

This is the biggest issue facing America today. Not terrorisim.

-spence

spence
08-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Heard on the radio this morninr, Madonna kicked off her new tour by showing a massive video which shows McCain along with screens of Hitler and Obama with Ghandi and others. This is the type of crap that burns me up and is so hypocritical of the left. Has McCain ever been associated with any hate? Any racist division? No, but Obama HAS! There is NO doubt that Rev. Wright preached hatred and racial divide and was a mentor for Obama, 20yrs in that church. yet McCain is associated with Hitler. F'in morons.
Wel, considering the intent of that intro was to get people worked up, I'd say to Madonna...a job well done :hihi:

I'd also note that it doesn't appear she's saying McCain is racist, although you seem quite defensive of that parallel. She's just putting up the images, how you see them is up to you.

-spence

Joe
08-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Madonna has a long history of manipulating the public via shock to her own end. They'll run that story right alongside the kick off of the DNC and it will be another well-played publicity coup for the Material Girl. Her last tour was the most profitable of 2006 - it was marked by blasphemy.
She rotates themes: political shock, sex, blasphemy - the standard attention grabbers. Given her income, I'd say she most likely is a closet republican - I doubt she believes in much other than herself.

likwid
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Considering what he went through, I can't blame him for having those feelings. Although as a public figure he should know better than to throw it about before a reporter.

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it."

Or something like that. ;)

buckman
08-25-2008, 11:44 AM
"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it."

Or something like that. ;)

Seeing how you just accused McCain of something that Spence showed to be wrong info, that's ironic. :o

likwid
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Seeing how you just accused McCain of something that Spence showed to be wrong info, that's ironic. :o

Huh really?

The "gook" comment is several years old, but it's a real comment.

Weird.
You must be in bizzaro insane backwards guy land.

That said, go away.

buckman
08-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Likwid, you stated he said it "yesterday" which Spence said was wrong. I don't know if Spence is right but I'll bet he is.

spence
08-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Likwid, you stated he said it "yesterday" which Spence said was wrong. I don't know if Spence is right but I'll bet he is.
It's possible that he said it again recently, but I remember the real story was several years ago.

-spence

likwid
08-27-2008, 06:40 PM

No buckman, I didn't state sh*&. I copy and pasted the origional comment from the news.

If you notice its in ITALICS

Usually when you use ITALICS it means its a QUOTE.

Notice how in the quote box text are in ITALICS.

And that is our 5th grade interwebs lesson for the day.

Thank you.

stripersnipr
08-27-2008, 06:44 PM
And all this time I thought " " meant quotes. Damn Government schools.

likwid
08-27-2008, 06:45 PM
And all this time I thought " " meant quotes. Damn Government schools.

Using " " is some communist hippy crap.
Carry on.

spence
08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
I thought italics always meant emphasis, which is usually called out if implied but the author.

-spence

likwid
08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."

You idiots happy now?

Squid kids Dad
08-27-2008, 07:09 PM
:lurk: Hey wheres the salt

spence
08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
You idiots happy now?

Yea, but 8 years ago and out of context?

-spence

likwid
08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Yea, but 8 years ago and out of context?

-spence

Still a racial slur.
Still hatred.
Still a bigot.

You run around using n**ger in every day life normally?

spence
08-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Still a racial slur.
Still hatred.
Still a bigot.

You run around using n**ger in every day life normally?
You're all bull%$%$%$%$ here.

He spent 5 years in an NVA prison. He's dealt with %$%$%$%$ that you or I can't even imagine...

I don't have any issue with his "gook" comment in proper context. I think it's bad PR for broader consumption though, considering you want to run for President.

But I'm not going to hold it against him.

-spence

likwid
08-27-2008, 08:46 PM
You're all bull%$%$%$%$ here.

He spent 5 years in an NVA prison. He's dealt with %$%$%$%$ that you or I can't even imagine...

Nor do I care.
That does not give you the right to act like a bigoted retard.

By your logic, Abu Ghraib and Gitmo justify any further attacks on the US.
They've dealt with things that would make you wish you could just die.

RIJIMMY
08-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Nor do I care.

By your logic, Abu Ghraib and Gitmo justify any further attacks on the US.
They've dealt with things that would make you wish you could just die.

Likwid, your response would be justified if McCain has a history of trying to pass some anit-asian legislation or history of anti-Vietnamese policy. The key word you used is "act", he has no history of this at all as a senator. The term gook to me is the same as any war veteran referring to Krauts, Nips, Jerry's etc. Thats just my interpretation.

Nebe
08-29-2008, 03:10 AM
gook talk.. its all right herehttp://www.crazy-headlines.com/Conx/default.aspx?page=cmArticleItem.ascx?AK=6OmTQJWH8d I=

buckman
08-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Likwid, you posted your little blurb about McCain because you thought he said it "yesterday" and now you blame the source you got it from. Throwing out the bigot word like you know he's a bigot is BS. For what he went through, and what he did for the people of this country (all races and religions), for you to call him out for one statement made several years ago is pathetic. Thanks for explaining the italics for me. Just admit you were wrong to post your BS. Don't resort to calling names.

slapshot
08-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Nor do I care.

Some might find the last word in that sentence pretty offensive. One might argue that it is a lot like throwing around the N word in every day use....

likwid
08-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Likwid, you posted your little blurb about McCain because you thought he said it "yesterday" and now you blame the source you got it from.

I never claimed he said it yesterday.
Nice try at flipping it around but as always, you fail.

Lets continue now on Palin.
This should be a field day.

spence
08-30-2008, 08:45 AM
I never claimed he said it yesterday.
Nice try at flipping it around but as always, you fail.
Yes, but you can say you're sorry for the unintentional implied context :hihi:

-spence

likwid
08-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Yes, but you can say you're sorry for the unintentional implied context :hihi:

Its my fault people are too dumb to look up a quote? (Here's a tip, copy and paste a quote into google, MAGICAL THINGS WILL HAPPEN)
No.