View Full Version : Starbucks - DD

gone fishin
08-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I really really love a good cup of java.
I just read a article that Starbucks is introducing a "new" cup of joe. Another method of sqeezing the bean and getting a "new" cup of coffee with a price tag of between $2.25 and $4.00. Now I have drunk a coffee made in a humongus bucket, over a gas burner, bubbling with grinds and egg shells and scooped out with my canteen cup. I thought that cup of mud was as good as it got.
Now the coffee is brewed in a fancy new machine, owned by the company that sells it and it costs almost as much as a good sub!!
Larry ya gotta love that one...What the hell has happened to the cupajoe for a dime?? Lemmie see 8 cups a day times 4 buks = 32 buks. wow that is one expensive habit. We will have to hold up a gas station to support that habit...

just thinkin!!

The Dad Fisherman
08-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Get yourself a French Press for $20 at Target.....best cup of coffee you'll ever make.

I bought one for camping...it rocks

likwid
08-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Get yourself a French Press for $20 at Target.....best cup of coffee you'll ever make.

I bought one for camping...it rocks

Bingo.

eskimo
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
switch to a Americanos. It's just a double shot of espresso and hot water and taste just like a french roast but you lose the chance of it being burnt or sitting in the pot all day.

...and to make it cheaper just by the double shot and when they hand it to you ask if they can top it off with water.