View Full Version : Tin Time in the Ditch!

Pt.JudeJoe
08-27-2008, 07:23 PM
The Master of the Long Cast with a nice one caught on the Pt Jude 3 1/2 oz. Nautilus.:kewl:

Tagger
08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Congrats Ron ... Nice fish on tin ..

BrianS
08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Very nice fish..

Whats the best way to fish a nautilus..?
Ive tagged a few schoolies.. but i generally havent really let it sink for more than a few seconds before a steady retreive...

hyefisherman2
08-27-2008, 10:20 PM
great fish ron!

stiff tip
08-28-2008, 04:36 AM
i talked to ron on mon an on the canal, he told me about that fish. when i saw him , he had a 6lb blue fish on . when i looked at his lure, he had a shiney metal lure on ..it looked :shocked:like a point jude. to me. and he was talkin about medals. me too ,1 blue on a crip herrin....

Grampy
08-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Nice fish Ron.

Slipknot
08-28-2008, 08:13 AM
I love all my Pt Jude tins :kewl::musc:

Pt.JudeJoe
08-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Very nice fish..

Whats the best way to fish a nautilus..?
Ive tagged a few schoolies.. but i generally havent really let it sink for more than a few seconds before a steady retreive...

Ron likes to let it sink and then give it a steady retrieve and let it's natural swimming action take over at slack tide.When the tide starts to run let it go almost to the bottom and jig it a little,when the current is running strong he'll let it swing by and then jig it back in.When fish are on top he will reel it it quickly to get the lure on top and then fish it there.Once you get it up to speed and riding on top it has a seductive wiggle like a danny plug.That's what the Montauk guys like about this one,even though it's 3 1/2 oz. it can be fished deep or on top in shallow water .

Crafty Angler
08-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Heyyyy-ooooo :humpty:

Nice fish - it takes tin to win :hihi:

Rob Rockcrawler
08-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I killed em 4 weeks ago on the nautilus, it was the blue colored one. Great lure. One cast after another, bass then blue. Had to tie a new feather tail for it. Great lures for sure. Quick jiggin in the top 10-15 feet of water.

Tagger
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
On the subject of tin.. I heard before WWII tin was the lure to fish in saltwater.. During the war all metals were in big demand and tin lures were not available.. Even moms were donating pots and pans for the war effort.. By the time the war ended guys were using wood freshwater lures (CCB) in the saltwater and everyone forgot about how good tin is in the water . I've heard this story before .. Is this true ??? I mean if WWII never happened would we all be fishing tin ? ... note to self ... " must fish more tin"

Pt.JudeJoe
08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I killed em 4 weeks ago on the nautilus, it was the blue colored one. Great lure. One cast after another, bass then blue. Had to tie a new feather tail for it. Great lures for sure. Quick jiggin in the top 10-15 feet of water.

If it was blue it was the Blue Herring Sea Scallop - 2 oz.
,The Nautilus are silver and weigh 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 oz. It's great to hear success stories about all of my lures ,I am grateful for your support. Anybody else got some Pt Jude success stories out there?:)

Crafty Angler
08-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Anybody else got some Pt Jude success stories out there?:)

The silver Sea Scallop is a killer, Joe - you know how much I like it.

When you first bought and re-introduced Pt Jude I was testing the Sea Scallop you gave me - if you remember it was out of that very first run you did and only weighed 1 1/4 oz - I was out at Taylor's Point on the Drive (not many people would recognize the place by that name anymore, I don't think, or know why it's called that, so I'm not spot burning) and ran into a blitz at false dawn.

There were 3 or 4 other guys there (you also know the usual suspects for that place and time of day) and they were pulling in one bluefish after another.

I put on the Sea Scallop and on my second cast picked up a fish and figured it was a good sized blue, surfed it into the rocks on a good wave to find a 12# bass attached to the tin. Not a wall hanger but a fine fish for the grill. And all the guys were looking at me and trying to figure out what the hell I was using :hihi:

If I remember right, that was even before you had the packaging done.

So I figured if that tin could cull a bass out of a good sized pod of blues, there had to be something to it and you were going to have a winner on your hands if the word got out and guys caught on to it. :chatter

And if Habs himself liked 'em and used 'em at night too, you know they had to be good. :btu:

NIB
08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Pt Jude Tins are so good even RA can catch a bass with em...
:laugha:

OLD GOAT
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Heck Are you sure thats Ron? He looks way to old to me.The Ron i know is younger and is married to a young pretty wife. Heck i wouldn,t kid you guys. Only kiding Ron. nice fish

Mike P
08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Nice fish, but the guy fishing from the opposite bank could have reached it with a jig ;)

Ron A
08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I am truly honored to fish with his lures and Joe is a complete gentlemen and tackle craftsman with a great attitude. All I can say now "they sure catch fish" and cast great.

btycro
09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
If it was blue it was the Blue Herring Sea Scallop - 2 oz.
,The Nautilus are silver and weigh 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 oz. It's great to hear success stories about all of my lures ,I am grateful for your support. Anybody else got some Pt Jude success stories out there?:)

I nailed a very nice bluefish trolling off of Fire Island using a jointed sand eel. Wasn't catching anything so I threw it on. it worked and I like how it can be broken down into smaller sections. nice tins

beaver
09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Hung a 60lb bluefin a few years back on a Pt. Jude butterfish less than a mile of Scituate, MA. Fish were after peanuts and this tin matched perfectly. Wish I had a pic but that was pre-digital era for me. Great tins that I need to use more often.

Crafty Angler
09-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Hung a 60lb bluefin a few years back on a Pt. Jude butterfish less than a mile of Scituate, MA. Fish were after peanuts and this tin matched perfectly. Wish I had a pic but that was pre-digital era for me. Great tins that I need to use more often.

Damn, nice catch - 60# BFT on a tin :smokin:

Sounds like the tunas were being a little rough on the Beave :rotflmao:

EarnedStripes44
09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Nice fish