View Full Version : Access issues, parking restrictions,.... now Fireworks?

Green Light
08-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi all!

I just got back from a fishing trip and I thought I would share it with you since this a first for me....ok..here it goes...

So there I am on quite, dark, isolate stretch of beach...and a biggie is starts pulling on my line....but then drops the bait. I leave my tasty clams on bottom for a few more minutes hoping she comes back. Then all of the sudden...BANG!...BANG...POP! Fireworks start blasting in all directions.... The sky looked like a Christmas tree in August. When one of the fires works almost burnt a hole in my waders, I pulled in my lines and move 0.25 miles down the beach.

I can deal with Access Issues, parking restrictions, piping plover, and the save the greenheads fanatics; but now fireworks! Not! Since it's illegal in the state of MA to posses fireworks... "Hello, is this the Police Depart?..." I long story short the fireworks magically stopped 4 min later. Hummm....

It's one thing to ruin someone's fishing. It's another thing to be plain stupid and endanger someone's life on the beach.

I am just curious, has this happened to you? How have did yo deal with it?

spence
08-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Happens all the time.

-spence

BigFish
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Did you try casting in the direction of the fireworks origin??:jump1: Just kidding! Do you think they were intentionally firing them at you or were they just coincidental?

Justfishin'
08-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Happens all the time............
Yeah, sure does. Last time for me was at 1 am, fish were just starting to show in close and then BAMMN -these kids had world class fireworks and they continued for nearly 1/2 hour because it was on a section of beach only accessible with a 4x and the cops had to wait for a unit to go out there. Needless to say, the fish were gone. You'll never convince me that bass don't get spooked by bright lights..........

Green Light
09-01-2008, 07:57 AM
spence and Justfishin':

Sounds like I am not the only one and that the only option is to move to a new spot as quickly as possible. Bright sudden burst of line...spook fish...no question (in my humble opinion).

BigFish:

No. Coincidental.
But, I did think about casting some metal or lead at some jetskiers once, who nearly cut my line! Those village idiots were intentionally coming towards "my water" as if they were running out of water in the ATLANTIC OCEAN.

Thank you for "hearing me" and for posting.

PS

I am going back tonight (different hot spot) to battle waves, sharks, line breaking blues, fireworks, and jetskies. It's a good thing I love this sport. :-)

Frankiesurf
09-01-2008, 09:59 AM
It has happened to me also. On July 3rd though. There were 6 kids drinking on the beach. I waded out to the sandbar when they started throwing rocks. I moved out some more and they started firing off bottle rockets so I moved out some more. They lost interest in a few minutes. I decided to take another way around past them so I could get by safely. On the way back I called the cops. I knew what car they were in since they were parked illegally down the street from me. I got up there and the cops never showed. I was watching out for them for an hour so I took the law in my own hands and strategically placed on of my dogs "presents" on their door handles. Went home changed, put on a hat and a different pair of sunglasses and watched them come back to the car. You should have seen those fireworks.

BigFish
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Dog crap on the door handles......that is awesome!!:bgi:

5 String Bass
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
It has happened to me also. On July 3rd though. There were 6 kids drinking on the beach. I waded out to the sandbar when they started throwing rocks. I moved out some more and they started firing off bottle rockets so I moved out some more. They lost interest in a few minutes. I decided to take another way around past them so I could get by safely. On the way back I called the cops. I knew what car they were in since they were parked illegally down the street from me. I got up there and the cops never showed. I was watching out for them for an hour so I took the law in my own hands and strategically placed on of my dogs "presents" on their door handles. Went home changed, put on a hat and a different pair of sunglasses and watched them come back to the car. You should have seen those fireworks.

Hahahahaha, That's awesome!!!

tynan19
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Lots of fireworks down the canal on Sat night near BSP.

Green Light
09-02-2008, 07:35 PM

LOL :jump: