View Full Version : Cherrystones/Quahogs at Billingsgate

Swimmer
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Years ago when I use to fish the shoal from a boat, naturally, at very low tides we would hop in and toe up cherrystones by the handful. This of course occured with someone who had Wellfleet family permit for shellfish. Anyone ever clam at Billingsgate. Use to be friggin loaded. Hop back in the boat and open them up, uuummmmm sweet.

JoeBass
09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
I have to say i don't know that area. But this spring, on an island off maine we dog fresh clams and picked mussels and an hour later popped them on the grill...when they open we dunked them in melted butter. BEST ever.

Swimmer
09-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I can't believe with all the boat fishermen and all the shore cape residents and the guys who fish this area in general that no one has ever jumped out of a boat at low tide around the shoal and shellfished. Used to go our with #^&#^&#^&#^& Clark from Rock Harbor often and every trip with did this. Most of the time because he had a party to go to and he needed hor deurves to bring.

Squid kids Dad
09-03-2008, 04:00 PM
When not going to Salt Pond on sunday mornings to get them I can remember as a kid going to Cal Bakers in Orleans..He had some nice pictures there..:humpty: