View Full Version : GOOD NIGHT IRENE !

FishTwoO
09-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Team Striper has landed a 52.5 today to add to their total.WOW! I wonder if they will hit ten 50's by the end of the SC?

animal
09-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Who got it?

Mike P
09-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Breaking 500 points with the vast majority of them being boat fish is a hell of an accomplishment. Right now they have almost 520 points.

We had 517 or something last year, but they were all shore fish and we had the 30% bonus.

This fish only adds 4.4 points to what they already have, though. At best. If Bruce Colletti caught it, it only adds a point, as his smallest fish is 51.35

I think they give plaques to the second through fifth place clubs, so we should have something to display at the shows next year.

BassDawg
09-06-2008, 05:26 AM
IRENE'S mutha's, sister's, ARSE!!
:p :p :p

it ain't ova yet!! as Mike was swift to point out, it only makes
a few points diff, and we only need two fish, from the shore, at
46#'s, or better, to take the LEAD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a coupla fiddies would
be SHWEEEET!!! :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm:

hopefully this BIG Blow will blow out in a hurry.............

KEEP FISHING TEAM, there IS still TIIIME!!
:fishin: :fishin: :fishin:

t.orlando
09-06-2008, 05:33 AM
and we only need two fish, from the shore, at
46#'s, or better, to take the LEAD:fishin: :fishin: :fishin:

2 46s would still put us 30pts behind. Although we are inching closer, we still pretty much need a 43# average.

BassDawg
09-06-2008, 05:47 AM
2 46s would still put us 30pts behind. Although we are inching closer, we still pretty much need a 43# average.

hey, Tony,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

didjya add in yer two SLOBS?

my numbers include yer additional points, though not official ~YET!!
i figured a differential of between 18-20 pts, when both fish get added in. then two fish at 46#'s and up would give us the extra 30+ pts needed to take the lead ~~providing they don't throw sum COW in tha mix from someone not already accounted for!!

this is getting GOOOD!!
:jump: :jump:

NIB
09-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Unfortunately only one of T's fish will count..

BassDawg
09-06-2008, 08:18 AM
soooo, NIB

are you saying that of his 5 fish towards angler of the year,
that the rules of The Cup won't allow him to enter his two
heaviest Bass for Team totals?? or is it because he caught two fish on the same night and ONLY one can be entered per week per angler?

seems like he should be able to enter HIS two heaviest for the Team competition,,,,,,,,,,i'll have to reread the rules.

Mike P
09-06-2008, 08:27 AM
soooo, NIB

are you saying that of his 5 fish towards angler of the year,
that the rules of The Cup won't allow him to enter his two
heaviest Bass for Team totals?? or is it because he caught two fish on the same night and ONLY one can be entered per week per angler?

seems like he should be able to enter HIS two heaviest for the Team competition,,,,,,,,,,i'll have to reread the rules.

The rules are pretty simple--you can only enter one fish a week, regardless of whether the second fish you want to enter is one of your two heaviest.

Enter a 42# Fish on Monday, catch a 50# fish on Thursday--you are SOL.

This is year three of the Cup, and that rule hasn't changed since the start of it.

If we can break 500 points and finish second, I would consider that a hell of a feat. We're fishing against some of the best bass fisherman on the planet, and we would have three top ten finishes, with a win and a second among them, and a 500 point total 2 out of the three years. That's not exactly chump change. You can try to win every year, but expecting a win every year is just fantasy. We're up against some really good competition.

Plus, 90% of us are shore guys and don't fish commercially.

I think we've done OK over the last 3 years.

I'll be proud to help John hand the Cup over to the winners, knowing we gave it a hell of a fight.

BassDawg
09-06-2008, 08:56 AM
not trying to be a dummy on this,

but it seems that there is a gray area here,,,,,,,,,
that may require a ruling for this one instance.

i mean how often do sharpies catch two over 40#'s, together,
at the same SPOT, on the same BITE? within the same week, not so rare.

Straight from the RULES page itself:

1)Anglers are allowed to enter and weigh only one (1) fish per week. Fish must be at least 36 inches in length to weigh in. Fish must be weighed at a registered weigh station sanctioned by the tournament. At the time of weigh-in, the fisherman must present proper identification and provide the Weigh-Master with full and certified information relating to the catch. By signing the weigh-in slip, the fisherman attests to all information given.

2) For the club competition, fish caught by anglers registered in the shore division will be multiplied by a factor of 1.2. Entrants may only weigh in fish for the division in which they are registered. Only the two largest fish from an individual angler may count toward a club’s total points.

which rule is the superceder? just my understanding, but as far as the Team totals go it does state that an angler's ".....TWO largest fish may count toward a club's total points" and that does make more sense, if the tournament is truly looking for the Team's heaviest 10 Stripers, who cares when and how close to the other ones; so long as he's catching within the fishery mngmt regulations??

hopefully, this will all be a moot point with sum LAHHHGAH large to be landed out there.
keep pushin' gents,,,,,,,it ain't over yet!

JohnR
09-06-2008, 09:02 AM
BD - these rules are OK this way. Part of the reasoning is it limits the overall take WRT the tournament, it also levels the field a bit.

BassDawg
09-06-2008, 09:17 AM
COOL, i get it now ~~besides,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
we'll be good to go once the deadline arrives.

i also agree with Mike P, if Team Stripers is to win
they will have done so with sum VERY Impressive catches.
especially from Misters Taylor and Coletti.

either way, this chit is exciting and amps up
the adrenaline sumthin' fierce!!! nuff said, about the rules.

but what the hay is WRT, Boss?
:huh: :huh:

t.orlando
09-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Team Striper has landed a 52.5 today to add to their total.WOW! I wonder if they will hit ten 50's by the end of the SC?

Was this a shore or boat fish??

animal
09-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Probably boat caught.

BassDawg
09-08-2008, 01:22 PM
i believe it was a Coletti boat fish