View Full Version : tube-n the bay

stiff tip
09-09-2008, 04:43 AM
fish cc bay mon ,from 530 a to 1200 .first boat on the ledge.... it was slow ... only small fish and a few sm keepers . at the peak time there was 15 boats fishing around . one here or there.. i had a sm pile of fish , and worked them. no keepers....at one time bounced jigs w/ squid off there heads . slow day for catchin for me . and the rest on low tide ,could be better at high tide ?????? i saw the tin boat gang, 4 of them and some of the regulars too,, last day today.....go get um

niko
09-09-2008, 04:53 AM
i fished that area last week a few times. one day there were close to 30 boats fishing it. too much company for me. we moved and had them all to ourselves. i'm glad it's over, time for some fun

Raider Ronnie
09-09-2008, 06:01 AM
There will be a few more days opened soon after the numbers are totaled up.

big jay
09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
It's been wierd there this year, some times it great and others its totally frustrating. I was ready to get out the bunker snags one day...

RR is right, it should open back up - still 10% to go, not going to happen in one day.

ProfessorM
09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Went last nite after work till 8 this morning not a damn thing, well plenty of those damn bluefish. I was so desperate I fished the ledge in the dark and only hooked 1 pot as most have been removed since it became a 50 lane highway the last few weeks. Didn't mark a single bass. They are probably doing well as I write this. Blew a friggin brake line putting the boat in and crept all the way from B-Harbor to Pocasset in the truck. Right about now I am hating bass fishin and really hating bluefish. A nice dose of Albies please. Nite nite

sokinwet
09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
"There will be a few more days opened soon after the numbers are totaled up." I'm hoping so Ronnie!! Took off Tues., Wed. & Thurs. of this week and then they go and shut it down with over 10% still left in the quota. Oh well..had a good last day in the Habba with 11 fish 210 lbs.....and made it back alive through the brutal storm that blew through ahead of the weathermans predictions. Gotta love those Seacrafts!!