View Full Version : First batch of jet black beauties

Chuckwood
09-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi dudes,

Here's my first even batch of plugs ... black beauties they are, me thinks. One pocket rocket-style needle, two Atom Jrs., and one Danny. Each weighs between 1.75 and 2.5 ounces. Tails were tied by me, too. Nice thick, juicy coats of epoxy, for a bombproof shell. VMC hooks. Ready to rock and roll.

Godwilling, they'll swim. I'm going to try them out on the Vineyard in a week or so.

It was almost too much fun making them ... I became aroused more than once in the process.

Chuckwood
09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Sorry ... bad photos make them look lumpy. They're actually sleek ... like four black stallions ready to ride down the throat of an angry linesider. Or something like that.

numbskull
09-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Well done and good choices. Post a picture of what you catch with them.
Welcome to the site.

The Dad Fisherman
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm in love with that danny :love: :drool:

Mr. Krinkle
09-10-2008, 08:52 PM
nice looking plugs!

Chuckwood
09-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks, guys. You're too kind. And you're all very inspiring ... I've been admiring your plugs and catches on this thread for a while.

Salty, very nice plugs indeed, and thanks for your recent tutorial that you posted; it helped in the construction. I'm going to buy some of your kits to steal some really good ideas!

Looking forward to posting some catches, too. I've been batting about .800 this year on the shore ... not bad for a guy from the Berkshires. I figure I can make it happen with these plugs, too.

Peace, Chuckwood

Chuckwood
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Post Script:

Tried 'em on the Vineyard last week. Caught two schoolies on one of the Atoms. Third schoolie took my front 3/0 VMC, probably because I used traditional split ring.

Went out and bought Wolverine's the next day.

Looking forward to the next batch. Live and learn.

saltyric
09-29-2008, 06:44 AM
They look slick!.....Nice work

ProfessorM
09-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi dudes,

It was almost too much fun making them ... I became aroused more than once in the process.

You better get an athletic supporter than, You wouldn't want anything to get stuck in the machinery. I'm Irish I don't have that problem. Plugs look good

eskimo
09-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Love the all black.