View Full Version : Scusett Beach

tykeofthesouth
09-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Since i'm relatively new to saltwater fishing I though I would post this question. I have to make a brief stop in Wareham tonight and was thinking about fishing Scusett beach.

High tide is around 10:30. Has anyone had any luck fishing the beach with chunk bait or plugs or should I just walk over and fish the canal side?

I can't hang around past 1am so fishing the canal at dawn is out.

Any input would be appreciated.

Swimmer
09-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes.

BigFish
09-13-2008, 02:26 PM
There is but one way to find out how the fishing is in any given spot at any given time........go there and fish! Take your best shot and you may be surprised....after all.....its called fishin'! I have fished Scusset in the past and it can be very good.....I prefer incoming to high and a couple hours after high the best! Good luck!:fishin:

BigFish
09-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh! Welcome to the site!:)

CanalGuy
09-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Chunk some mackerel off the beach away from the jetty, should do alright!:fishin:

redlite
09-13-2008, 04:15 PM
in my opinion, Scussett is good for 2 things.....Sand fleas and watching sunrises.............a LOT of skates there too.
In all seriuosness though, big fish do come from there, especially this time of year. All those fish sittin outside the canal and at Scorton ledge come in staging up to blow through the canal.
Good thing is that it is easy fishing.
Good luck.