View Full Version : Tip o' the hat

Sea Dangles
09-14-2008, 04:39 AM
to the filthy savage that scored a lopsided TKO over me tonight. As I moaned when feeling another bluefish bite my frustration turned to excitement as line started peeling off of my reel for what seemed like eternity. I would guess around 30 seconds and 100 + yards later the beast had come to rest while I was thinking endorsement deals and taxidermists I tried to gain line but this beast was having no part of it. I was sure I had a firm hookset but there would be no denying this cow freedom on this night. Much respect for the honor of sharing the water with a fish that can only be described as a different category than anything that has ever been on the end of my line.

numbskull
09-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. Supposedly.

BigFish
09-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Numby...the term, when related to fishing is...."Better to have hooked up and lost, than never to have hooked up at all!". Good post SD....sorry for your loss!:huh:

MrHunters
09-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Numby...the term, when related to fishing is...."Better to have hooked up and lost, than never to have hooked up at all!". Good post SD....sorry for your loss!:huh:

i still wake up in the night wondering! :jump1::jump1:

BassDawg
09-14-2008, 08:14 AM
OHHH, Brother,,,,,,,

do i know that feelin', ALL too well!!

it will sting at first,
then there's the empty feeling ~~the vaccuous void,
followed by the countless retelling of "The ONE that.......",
which yields to nightmarish tossing and turning as THE date nears,
finished off with the tireless and incessant search to~~~

"Bring back that loving feeling,,,,,,,,,,,,,whoa-ooh, that love ing feee eeel ing,,,,,,,,,
BRING BACK that loving effin FEELING! now it's gone, GONE,
GAWWWN, whoa-ohhh-ohhh yeah!" :grins: :grins: :grins:

seems like each year i am humbled by at least ONE magnificent Momma.
CONGRATS on finding HER udl. my only sense of encouragement is that
at least i know where "she'll" be next year ~either her, or her twin sister~
i know what/when/where she wants it, only next year she'll hopefully be 10lbs heavier
:drool: :drool: :drool:

tip o' the Hat, INDEED!!
:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

shadow
09-14-2008, 08:16 AM
so sorry to hear this I can feel your pain I had the same feeling last night except after I gave everything I had to move my fish from his hold I was able to bring my prize into the rocks as I went down to grab my..........F$#@# foul hooked 15#:yak5:bluefish:fury:

Swimmer
09-14-2008, 08:18 AM
to the filthy savage that scored a lopsided TKO over me tonight. As I moaned when feeling another bluefish bite my frustration turned to excitement as line started peeling off of my reel for what seemed like eternity. I would guess around 30 seconds and 100 + yards later the beast had come to rest while I was thinking endorsement deals and taxidermists I tried to gain line but this beast was having no part of it. I was sure I had a firm hookset but there would be no denying this cow freedom on this night. Much respect for the honor of sharing the water with a fish that can only be described as a different category than anything that has ever been on the end of my line.

Congratulations on joining this club.

Slipknot
09-14-2008, 08:23 AM
you have my condolences
you'll remember that fight forever

better luck next time

Jimmy Fee
09-14-2008, 08:34 AM
so sorry to hear this I can feel your pain I had the same feeling last night except after I gave everything I had to move my fish from his hold I was able to bring my prize into the rocks as I went down to grab my..........F$#@# foul hooked 15#:yak5:bluefish:fury:

Man, I know that feeling. An arm wrenching battle hoping everything holds together only to find out you've spent the last ten minutes trying to haul in a gorilla bluefish sideways through the current. You can't help but laugh though.

tattoobob
09-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Must be the night of lost fish, I had mine at my feet when the hook pulled out at least I got to see the monster

I hate the feeling right in the pit of my belly