View Full Version : tuna still around stellwagen?

kenyee
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Haven't seen any reports lately from riptide or buckman so I'm wondering if they're just too busy catching them or they've disappeared. I'm planning to look for a shared charter next week and hoping they're still around :)

buckman
09-15-2008, 03:05 PM
The tuna are all over that side now. Call Relentless out of Green Harbor

Raider Ronnie
09-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Another prop for Relentless !
Either Capt Dave or Capt Curt will put you on fish!
Plus they are 100% legal with all the USCG required safety gear (a life raft to name 1 item) for tuna trips, unlike a few of the other charter boats who advertise shared /open boat tuna trips.

sokinwet
09-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Riptide has been posting some cool tuna videos over at reel-time.
"Another prop for Relentless !" Capt. Dave W...just another of the great fishermen calling Rockland home! :buds:

buckman
09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Their all good and they all should put you on fish. Didn't mean to plug one guy over the others.

keeperreaper
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
the bank is holding plenty of fish.

saltyric
09-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Fish O plenty on the bank! Heading out in the morning....

macojoe
09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Wed, tons of boats no fish?? Saw two hook up's no landings, But that was for Giants

Van
09-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Wed, tons of boats no fish?? Saw two hook up's no landings, But that was for Giants

Same here, I fished 10 hours with 60-80 of my closest friends.
I saw one hook up jigging, and one fish being dragged alongside.

Other than that NO ONE was hooking up, the fleet left around noon. We stayed in hopes of an evening bite,,,but NOPE !!!!

buckman
09-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Sluggo's slow trolled. Leave the bars at home

Raider Ronnie
09-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Haven't seen any reports lately from riptide or buckman so I'm wondering if they're just too busy catching them or they've disappeared. I'm planning to look for a shared charter next week and hoping they're still around :)

I see Riptide made the local news today,
Not in a good way either :hidin:

kenyee
09-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Explains why Riptide hasn't been posting reports lately...the media found out he was calling in sick to go fishing...youch. This is going to be ugly for him :-P

Headed out for albies w/ a coworker's boat tomorrow out of Falmouth. Will report back w/ results. Chasing hard to find fish is probably not a good way to get rid of that huge skunk sitting on my back but he has that crazed albie look in his eyes so I though I'd see what that's about :-)

clcharette
09-19-2008, 11:16 PM
You guys left too early, late bite Wednesday, everyone was tight.

Hooper
09-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Explains why Riptide hasn't been posting reports lately...the media found out he was calling in sick to go fishing...youch. This is going to be ugly for him :-P

Well, some people don't like Terry. Mostly because he's good at what he does. I agree, that is going to get ugly.

JohnnyD
09-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, some people don't like Terry. Mostly because he's good at what he does. I agree, that is going to get ugly.

I missed something on the news.

JohnnyD
09-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I've been too busy working and fishing to keep up with the news. Still haven't a clue what's going on... except I can't wait to get to maybe hit up some tuna fishing in a week.

Raider Ronnie
09-21-2008, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&;622018]You didn't miss anything.

How can someone not miss a thing when the report won't be aired till tomorrow (mon) nights 11:00 channel 4 news investigative report ???

As far as not doing anything wrong, I'm pretty sure if I were banging in sick from my full time job to do my charters I would get fired !

kenyee
09-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Most companies are ok w/ a few "personal mental health" days, but if you do it a lot, you'd get fired. We'll find out on Monday how ugly this is. I don't blame Riptide for laying low until it blows over.
p.s., very few albies yesterday from Cotuit to Woods Hole. Saw one person hook up at 7am, and maybe a few pods come up and disappear. I'll have to see if the Relentless is immune from my skunk-curse :-P

likwid
09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
As far as not doing anything wrong, I'm pretty sure if I were banging in sick from my full time job to do my charters I would get fired !

Who said he was using sick time to do his charters?

Keep speculating before you know the facts.

And this retarded "investigation" sure won't have them all.

Hooper
09-22-2008, 06:55 AM
I would like to say one thing here.

All the spots I saw on TV last night showed video grabs of fish. Every picture of a big bass is caught on a SALTY'S LURE :wave: :rotflmao:

I thought this very amusing last night.

Guy works nights. Charters during the day. Amazing comments I've seen from people online.

Can someone tivo this to a DVD I'm going to miss it I've got to leave for Maine tomorrow at 3. See you guys Friday. :jump:

Most every I Team investigation is available on their website.

And I think to answer someone's post above, the reason the talk is concerning sick days is because Channel 4 has been playing one of their previews stating something to the effect of, Why is this State Trooper out fishing when he's called in sick?" You know that sensationalism crap.

I will say this, there is very little public tolerance for public employees to "push the envelop" so to speak with sick days. People don't look at those in the public sector as loyal public servants any longer, we're looked at as slacking, overpaid, do nothing hacks most of this time. If this report is true, and I don't know that, just from the preview, it would continue that image in the minds of many.

If Terry were not a high profile member of so many online discussion forums, I am sure there would be a number of threads where many would be decrying his actions, ranting about overpaid detail cops, overtime rates, and coffee shops.

saltyric
09-22-2008, 07:00 AM
ended up with 4 fish Saturday on the NWC......one on the troll. 3 on livies.......NO surface action for us.

likwid
09-22-2008, 07:12 AM
If Terry were not a high profile member of so many online discussion forums, I am sure there would be a number of threads where many would be decrying his actions, ranting about overpaid detail cops, overtime rates, and coffee shops.

And 'high profile members' are typically objects of jealousy by pukes who can't hack it.

kenyee
09-22-2008, 08:29 AM
3 on livies

Saltyric: dumb question, but what's a livie? Strap up a bluefish or pogey and drag it around?

Hooper
09-22-2008, 09:39 AM
And 'high profile members' are typically objects of jealousy by pukes who can't hack it.

Likwid, truer words have never been spoken, he was dimed out

likwid
09-22-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm going home 1/2 hour early today Ted. Will you send a letter to my boss?

NOTARIZED EVEN!

Careful though, Mrs Booger might be angry. :lasso:

kenyee
09-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Since the Riptide thing was brought up on my thread, I thought I'd try to close it out...the "report" is here:
http://wbztv.com/iteam/state.trooper.fishing.2.823298.html
If you want to complain to WBZ:
http://wbztv.com/iteam/state.trooper.fishing.2.823298.html

Terry's official counterpoint from the reel-time forum:
"With regards to the allegations aired in the media I'd like to take this time to respond. This will be my one and only response. First I'd like to say that all of this has stemmed from an ANONYMOUS complaint letter. The letter made ridiculous claims and accusations and brought my integrity into question. Yet the complainant chose to hide their identity during an attempt to undermine 12 years of honorable and decorated service as a State Trooper and 8 years of operating a successful charter service.

The allegations made in the letter were sent to both Ch4 and also to the State Police Internal Affairs Dept. Internal Affairs has gone over my attendance for the past several years to make sure I was taking the appropriate amount of time off to cover my time away from work. In doing so they found a couple of instances where I had taken sick leave or family sick leave and I had fishing reports posted for the following day. This seems to be the crux of this entire issue. Bear in mind I work MIDNIGHTS 11pm to 7am. So I'm not out chartering all day when I'm supposed to be home sick or caring for my elderly parents. The number of days I was alleged to be out sick by Ch4 included days from this past winter where I was out injured (IOD) as the result of an arrest of an armed robbery suspect, and during this time there was no fishing done.

At this point IA has not found grounds to charge me with any wrongdoing let alone found me at fault. Rest assured that if I were to be found in violation regarding the hours in question I would most certainly be punished, very likely to a higher extent than normal due to this media coverage. I have always believed that being honest with my reports was a major factor in building a successful business. It would seem that my honesty in posting details of my daily agenda may in turn be the lynch pin in this situation. If I am charged and found at fault I will post the outcome of IA's investigation. I hope this sheds some light on what was a slanted and sensationalized report.

In closing, thank you to those that have supported me during this unfortunate period in time. Your kind words and faith in me have helped immensely. "

WBZ should have mentioned Terry works at night and a big chunk of those 30 days was from a work-related injury. Still looks like he took a few days off if they managed to match attendance w/ charter days though...if they were honest, they would have a list and put that up instead of throwing around 30 days and implying that was the total :-P

kenyee
09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Anyone know of Capt. Dave of the Relentless is on vacation? He hasn't replied to emails and phone calls. Looks like the seas will be pretty ugly for the next week w/ the storm headed up this way so it may not matter :-P

Raider Ronnie
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Anyone know of Capt. Dave of the Relentless is on vacation? He hasn't replied to emails and phone calls. Looks like the seas will be pretty ugly for the next week w/ the storm headed up this way so it may not matter :-P

As far as I know Dave is not on vacation.
I'll pass the message tomorrow.