View Full Version : Truck Enthusiasts

bloocrab
11-07-2002, 10:18 AM
I need some opinions...

Basically..<<$$$>> it's a tight race -

...I've owned both Toyotas & Nissans, but not trucks -

....any pluss' or minuss' I should be aware of ???

Thanks~

Striper SniperX
11-07-2002, 10:30 AM
Nissan Trucks have the nice Truck/suv like SuperCharged
X-tera,Not really many Pickup styles

But i think Toyota Tunda (even Tacoma) Is a better truck ..
I love Cars N trucks,( I know my stuff a lil' bit) :p

Heres a note for ya .,. All Toyota Trucks sold from 1986up , 92% are still registered an on the road,, Nissan is Pretty new in this area,, not sure 'bout 'em...

Check Out This Link..

http://www.carsdirect.com/research/new_cars/buying_guides/trucks

On a Different Note:
if ya want a real Truck, (fast,powerfull,and good-lookin,,Concider a Dodge Ram, Seriously :) lil' more $$ but will last you over twice as long ---But that's just coming from a kid who seen toyotas an Nissans have to get pulled out of oakland beach ramp by dodge rams :p )

Good Luck!

Tattoo
11-07-2002, 10:37 AM
Bloo,

110% Happy with the Yota. Had american since day one and hate to say it but the Japs have this car thing nailed. Truck is great, cheap on gas, lots of power for a 4 cylinder, and repair parts are cheap. I haven't had to fix anything on it as of yet, but I looked into how much parts are that need replacement before I bought it. (rotors, drums, radiator etc etc).

One thing I would have bought is the xtra cab model. It gets abit tight in the cab with all the fishing gear on moving from spot to spot - as you know.

Oh and the Yotas hold there resale value better than the Nissan. I could sell my Yota now for what I payed for it, and its a 97.

Clammer
11-07-2002, 11:14 AM
Bloo Toyota The only way to go
I,ve had four and they have all been great
oil changes & tires is about it== brakes
the 85 the body rotted , and a couple of clutches, but that was my fault of towing a boat too big for the 4 cyl/////////
I don,t even look at others /when its time I go get one
If I went back to towing alot /then I would consider the tundra,but at the time the dollars didn,t add up
I now have a 2000 tacoma 6cyl ,auto--==to date just grease & oil and I drive hard & its great on the beach !!!!!!

Good luck////////////////

Mr. Sandman
11-07-2002, 11:28 AM
My vote is for the toyota. reliable and great reasale. Those are light duty vehicles ...don't get in an accident or tow much of a boat.

JohnR
11-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Having worked for both, I would say the Toyota. Just a little more solid than the Nissan and with a slightly better resale (costs a couple more up front though).

First - determine what you hope & plan to do a couple years down the road - like towing a boat.

Also determine if the little truck is big enough for you. I had a Toy V-6 5spd in the late 80's and it was a great truck. However, it was only half the truck that my 98 F-150 was...

MountainBreeze
11-07-2002, 12:23 PM
I owned a Tacoma 5 years ago - but had to trade it in when I got married as wife can't drive a std. Got a Subaru Outback - which has been a GREAT car (knock on wood) but... I really miss that truck!

I hope to trade in the Baru' next year and get a truck. The only decision, in my eyes, is to get the Tacoma or the Tundra!?!?!?

Good luck,
Rob

Krispy
11-07-2002, 04:23 PM
I went thru this last year, and ended up getting the Frontier. I am very happy w/ it. It has the same reliability as the Toys, but youll spend some 3-5k more for their rep. Quality is = in my opinion. Brother-in-law has the 4dr 2002 supercharged version, and it rocks!
Go test drive em...

StarsnStripers
11-07-2002, 04:38 PM
dodge ram rules!!!!

:ss:

Krispy
11-07-2002, 04:43 PM
You dont drive:fishslap:

bloocrab
11-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Krispy...

On a sad note, I did drive a Frontier <<Supercharged>> too!! :D It did run Great!!!...however, when we got back to the lot......

:smash: The engine was making a loud whining noise..:confused: :confused:...the salesman was a bit ... speechless!! I had just told him that I wanted to drive his Nissan over to the Toyota lot to compare appearances...and he was excited about it...........until we heard the engine noise...

I'm not holding that against Nissans, I know these things sometimes happen...I'm just wondering if it was a sign from God...telling me His opinion...;)

John, as far as boat towing...I don't plan on owning something too big....too soon ;)...I still got that 24' hole in Wesport that I've been using as a piggy bank...and I ain't towing her anywhere till she's fixed!!!:mad:

I'm definately going with a V6 - <<V8 drinks too much>>

I'm a little stuck on the Nissan look :)...but the Toyota keeps whispering to me while I'm asleep...:happy:

thanks for the replys gang...keep em' coming....I'm still not sure :rolleyes:

Jenn
11-08-2002, 12:38 PM
...but the Toyota keeps whispering to me while I'm asleep...

110% Happy with the Yota. Had american since day one and hate to say it but the Japs have this car thing nailed. Truck is great, cheap on gas, lots of power for a 4 cylinder, and repair parts are cheap. I haven't had to fix anything on it as of yet,

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
if ya want a real Truck, (fast,powerfull,and good-lookin,,Concider a Dodge Ram, Seriously lil' more $$ but will last you over twice as long ---But that's just coming from a kid who seen toyotas an Nissans have to get pulled out of oakland beach ramp by dodge rams )
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

BLOO>>>>translation of the pic.....means Toyota VERY SEXY (V.S) =over=nissan :D :D :D

Striper SniperX
11-08-2002, 01:33 PM
jenn?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if ya want a real Truck, (fast,powerfull,and good-lookin,,Concider a Dodge Ram, Seriously lil' more $$ but will last you over twice as long ---But that's just coming from a kid who seen toyotas an Nissans have to get pulled out of oakland beach ramp by dodge rams )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

????????????????????????????????????????????????
What was that about :confused: ? Must of been a mistake :confused:

HEY its the truth!

If Ya Can't Dodge It,,, Ram It! V8 Magnum Power-
Can anyone say "vroom-vroom" ??

Jenn, i have seen Toyotas go in (under) trying 2 pull 23'ers out of the water! ,, and Dodge Rams and Chevy where there to pull the out! :p
(i also am fond of Chevy Silverados,,but dodge ram will always be my first and best choice!)

But as i FIRST said,, toyota is a better truck then nissan,, not only is it known better,,but it's proven they last longer, not sure how they do pulling boats (but i've seen new ones that aren't very good at it ;) )

Bloo, Good Luck with your truck Hunt,,, hope you find what fits you and works out best for you,, if you like the toyota, or the Nissan , GO with it! Look around, Compare, and DRIVE,, if you drive the truck on the beach alot when surf casting,, go to a car lot near a beach and take it over there!
Not Sure if they make a 4x4, but that would be the best bet not only for Boat Towing,
but Light trucks have really "no-weight" in the back and tend to not do well in ice/snow (we owned a 93 Chevy S-10 pickup before the Ram,,and they shift around alot) also, if ya get your back tires spun in the sand on a beach, unless ya have 4x4 most of the time you have to wait till another truck comes around!
,But don't listen to me if ya don't want,, but i have seen alot of trucks do stuff like that...Go with a heavier truck, if ya plan to pull that 24' out of the water! unless it's a low ramp,, on oakie beach ramp is pretty steep at lowtide,, be carefull an pull S-L-O-W!

Hope that Link Helped out,, that was the Toyota vs. Nissan from CarNDriver.com.

Good Luck!

Striper SniperX
11-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Krispy

Originally posted by Krispy
You dont drive:fishslap:

You don't need to drive to know quality :smash: :)
:fishslap: (that looks painfull!, why would ya want to do that? j/k) :)

have a good one!

mrmacey
11-08-2002, 04:29 PM
you can have this at the right price its awsome but cant see getting it all fishy and salt covered has everything you need ive asked onstar for RI hot fishing spots she laughed said im from south carolinia i can tell you spots around here!!!!!

Mr. Sandman
11-08-2002, 06:51 PM
mrmacey, Thats funny, I asked my onstar gal .." where are the big stripers feeding on the vineyard?" her respose was uh..I really don't know I am up here in Ottawa.
Also I asked her if she could remotely open the squibnocket gate near Jackie O's house so I could take my vehicle to a good surf spot...no luck there either.
She beeped my horn and flashed my lights though.

redcrbbr
11-08-2002, 08:31 PM
She beeped my horn and flashed my lights though.

sorry i must have a dirty mind:smash:

Jenn
11-08-2002, 09:20 PM
SSX...I dont want to sound nasty or anything.....but I question how you can compare $$ on a V8 ram to a V6 yota??? And as for lasting twice as long??? I seriously beg to differ....I know a lot of people who have toyotas and dodges and the toyota owners are FAR happier with their vehicles and drive them many more miles with far fewer problems to fix......maybe I live in a cocoon of coincidence......but I doubt it.....

I will agree that you might not want to tow a 27 foot camper or something like that with them....but then again thats not what the are built for.....for what we tow....our toyota is all we need!!! and let me tell you it goes like a ba@&%*rd in the sand!!!! I have driven quite a variety of vehicles in the sand and the 4 runner is...in my opinion the best yet!!

.....well I could keep beating the issue to death....so I guess to each his (or her) own......but for me (and my hubby) we will stand by out toyota !!!

bloocrab
11-09-2002, 04:19 PM
I've also heard that the Dodge's engines tend to Slip ....

;) NO pun intended, Bruce......:laughs:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Dodge look, BIG - MEAN...and Baaaaad lookin.....but looks ain't everything....just look at me :yak:

I want reliability - dependability - and QUALITY1 overall...looks like I'm leaning towards the Toyota now..

JohnR
11-09-2002, 04:32 PM
You don't need to drive to know quality No, you're right, you don't need to drive to know quality, however, you do need to drive (and usually for several years in various vehicles) to know quality in vehicles. Do you know what a HEMI is?
How do you qualify your ability to jusdge quality trucks? I can understand that if pops says that his 2003 Ram is his best truck ever but that's the only way I can see it. Even if he had a 2002 older style, that truck is lower in quality and longer in the tooth than either the Ford or the Chevy. Now Dodge's new 4.7 MagnumForceFeedbackCaddilacGive-A-Dog-a-Bone motor is probably all nice - but is it proven? Err, nope - that's a new motor. And if it's twice as good as their last major transaxle release of the early 90s, that means only 25% of them will crap out on ya...

So not trying to crunch stones on ya but I think there are a few people slightly more automotively inclined than you (even if I wussed out on changing my clutch on the Nissan today).

Bloo - I'm still a fan of the Yota for a 'lil truck... I'll be looking soon at the bigguns though and I'm still not sure if the Yota is up to that task as I'm thinking 2500, F250, yada, yada, yada

Striper SniperX
11-11-2002, 10:46 PM
WOW,,, i love it when Ford people try and defend themselfs (it's all good)

"Do you know what a HEMI is?"
*John, Hemi is one B-A-D Mopar (have a dart with 383 hemi, thing ZOOMS)

"i can understand that if pops says that his Ram is his best truck ever"
*He never said that,, and it can't be proven, arent going to fight over trucks. :) but dodge not only looks better,, you can hear that magnum V8 roaring down the street , and i am not kidding guys., i hear fords all the time,, sounds like a car,, and a when it starts up it sounds like a ,, well, i don't what :p

"Now Dodge's new 4.7 MagnumForceFeedbackCaddilacGive-A-Dog-a-Bone motor is probably all nice"
*lol john ,, but it's more like , 5.7 ltr Hemi (zoom)!

"that means only 25% of them will crap out on ya..."
c'mon, where is that going ;) 25% is good for the 40% of fords (just a close estimate ;)

"So not trying to crunch stones on ya but I think there are a few people slightly more automotively inclined than you"
*More then my Uncle to ? :eek: Hmmm, i dunno about that one... (jk)

"I'm still a fan of the Yota for a 'lil truck"
*It's a hell of a lil' truck,, go for it.... i like the older t-100s , a simple design but does the trick..

Bloo, Correction :p
"I've also heard that the Dodge's engines tend to Slip ...."
Older Model (94/96) TRANNYS sliped after a while, dodge noticed and fixed the problem,, old news,, hit me with something current,, oh,, lemme talk about fords now,, anyone say "Explosion?" (pinto-lol) pretty old also, huh? :p

Jenn,
Don't get me wrong,. i am not saying the 'yota' is a bad truck, and just like ya said to each his own ,,, and i bet the toyota does move in the sand ,, may i ask ya a question ? Ever see a Ram 1500 5.9 V8 Magnum pinned at 130 on the Newport Bridge ? (we where in a hurry to go no-where, day we bought the ram)
It does pretty well in sand and snow as well,, we took the truck to the dunes near my house ,, there is a new K-mart there now tho,, anywayz that's the soft sand,, put in 4whl High and it was pretty fun,,, Dodge rams have some nice performance to them! Toyotas may also,, but i like a nice tough American Truck!

Ford Guys,, we can fight over trucks,, heck it gets us where we wanna go,, (dodge ram gets ya there a bit faster & in style) but still "who-cares" :) we pulled a NEWER ford F-250 powerstroke DIESEL in 4whl LOW with our Ram 1500 5.9 ,that's right, we pulled it in 4high , didn't even need 4 low,,, fords back tires spun, it looked bad at first but we won,, put a chevy up there ,, now that's a challenge, but not close :) and i don't hate chevy/gmc like i hate ford, cause we used to have a 93 Chevy S-10 V6 2wd and we pulled out my dads friends 22' walkaround,, so chevy has the power as well, but dodge ram is just,, can't explain it,, ;)
and fords are Cheap Quality, i been in the new fords, and the old fords they are too low to the ground,,they ride like S^#%,,and slip all over the place in the rain and snow,, and THEY CANNOT PERFORM VERY WELL IN SOFT SAND! i seen that first hand ;) i could go on and on with the fords i've seen get saved by rams and chevys, but you all don't need or want to hear that :)

,, only ford truck i would ever concider buying, if i had to own a ford,, would be a F-150 Lightning, cause them trucks have some serious B@LLs ,, but i am a Mopar Man, always!

It's all Fun, No hard feelings (Ford Guys)

Have a good one!

Van
11-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Well here I go again !!!!!!;)

Love those F-150s.......

Bloo look at what you started....

bloocrab
11-12-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Striper SniperX
...hit me with something current,, ...

:gf:

:yawn: :yawn: :sleeps:

Striper SniperX
11-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Sorry Bloo, Didn't mean to get ya stumped :p

it's a nice looking truck van,, if only it ran as good as it looks ;)
Just Playin' around
No Hard Feelings

Have a Good one Guys!

StarsnStripers
11-13-2002, 11:43 AM
I think these truck arguments are foolish and pointless....
Although I don't know as much as you guys on trucks, bloocrab and john R, I am not familiar with all the 23 letter parts, but I have rode in many fords and own a ram, and "pops" 2002 ram feels 100% more comfortable and safe!!! (and sexier lookin' on top of it all!)

Heres a pic of the new 2003 ram:

StarsnStripers
11-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Or would you rather have the 2003 F-150??:rolleyes:

JohnR
11-13-2002, 12:19 PM
You own a RAM? How fast have you gone with it? How does it handle on sand? What is the best air down for it?

I'm going back to the early 90s because that's when I used to work in the SERVICE Departments for GM, Jeep (aka Chrysler), and 'Yota.

"So not trying to crunch stones on ya but I think there are a few people slightly more automotively inclined than you"
*More then my Uncle to ? Hmmm, i dunno about that one... (jk)
Well - i don't know about your Uncle (is he a mekinic?) but I'll go out on a limb and say I know a little more about them than you. Now I'm far from an automotive expert but I have done some involved things that I'm willing to bet are a bit further down the automotive pipeline than reading Car&Driver or Kit Cart magazine. Tops on the list was a 4cyl to a modded 6cyl Fiero Conversion. I didn't have the coin to do the V8 :bo:

BTW - a "Hemi" is a hemispherical combustion chamber design. It's intention is to swirl the air/fuel for a better burn. And Dodge is not the only manufacturer to use a hemispherical chamber design.

In the near future, I hope to be getting a new Full Size 4x4 truck. I will weigh the 4 big boys (well 3.5, the Tundra is still borderline big in my eyes :eek5: ). I'll be basing my decision on experience, research, and a little seat-O-da-pants driving. Too bad they won't let ya test with a cooler rack on, wink-wink/nudge-nudge...

StarsnStripers
11-13-2002, 01:07 PM
My dad owns a 2002 Ram, and we have gone 115 in it, I'm sure it goes much faster, it's just my dad like driving slow, goin for a walk and takin his car:p .
But when I get my Ram when I ama older, It would be interesting to race against a ford (kinda boring, cuz it'll be out of my vision feild, far behind)
But more interesting will be to race with a Chevy, a very fair competitor, and Toyota. I like both, I just dislike ford.

StarsnStripers
11-13-2002, 01:09 PM
SSX, you have told me that your uncles knew everything about quahoggin', fishing, and boats, but you never told me they knew bout trucks.... What does he own?? Hope it's a ram!:cool:

Van
11-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Before i bought my F-150 I drove all three american mades.
The dodge I drove must have been a dog cause' it had no power
and rode crappy. When I drove the ford it was night and day.
I bought it on the spot.

However, I had to rent a truck last year when my truck was in the body shop (an old lady hit it parked and took out the pass. side door!!!)

The only truck they had was a RAM and it did have pretty good acceleration and a decent ride. Don't know why it was different than the one I test drove, but still, IMO, side to side off the line, my truck would leave it behind no problem.

So this is MHO, but I don't think less of other brands, this was just my preference, based on my experience.

And most truck/SUV owners go off-road as often as mountain goats come into town for a double cappuchino !!!!!!:D

StarsnStripers
11-13-2002, 01:44 PM
fixed or repaired daily

Van
11-13-2002, 01:51 PM
You mean

F found
O on
R road
D dead

It's a 95 (oops 97') and only had 1-2 small issues since I had her.
Could be the exception ?????? Nah....

JohnR
11-13-2002, 02:03 PM
And most truck/SUV owners go off-road as often as mountain goats come into town for a double cappuchino !!!!!!

Off course - we surf anglers DO spend a fair amount of time with trucks on the beach...

Personally, I've driven the previous generation RAM pickup and it did not hold a candle to my '98 F-150. Sure, it was pretty different back in 94 when it came out but it was old in 98 and REAL old in 2001. GM redid there trucks nicely in 2K, Toyota grew up then too. The new Dodges look nice and if I feel comfortable that their QC has gone up, I'll consider them.

So 'll look at the big Three .5 and make a decision. The Ford is the subjective leader becuase mine was the BEST vehicle I've ever owned (and I've had tons new & used) and it's currently the best priced truck - it's also the oldest generation of the current trucks and closest to a redesign (ala Expedition). OTH - the Dodge ain't been out all that long and needs to be proven a bit.

Just my humble, quais-expereinced, based honest opinion :smash:

Van
11-13-2002, 02:13 PM
John:

And most truck/SUV owners go off-road as often as mountain goats come into town for a double cappuchino !!!!!!

Of course surf fisherman are the exception !!;)

StarsnStripers
11-13-2002, 02:40 PM
Yea, Dodge's haven't been around long, but long enough to prove they are the superpower!
Only my opinion of course, not to say I have driven EVERY model of trucks, I just have been in a few and use my general knowledge to establish my opinion. and that is Ford sux!
But oh well I have never drove in that '98 one John, and I personally think the toyotas and chevys beat the old dodge rams, perhaps before 98' or so, when they relied on other manufacturers to solve there troubleshooting....but hey, every vehicle has to start somewhere! dodge may not be the oldest and most experienced truck in town but it sure is powerful in my opinion!:cool:

BTW, John, would you be able to make a truck icon with an open bed?? maybe some fishing rods hanging out??:D

bloocrab
11-13-2002, 07:22 PM
ok...

"...I think I'm turning Japanese...oh yes I'm turning Japanese....at least I think so..."

..now you guys got that song ringing in my head:smash: :smash: :smash:

Van
11-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Go for man !!!!!

I think I'm done tweaking these guys.....:laughs:

JohnR
11-14-2002, 08:54 AM
Untweakable :rolleyes:

SnS - not to beat a dead horse here (and in case you are not aware, that is an expression). But how many trucks have you driven? What general knowledge do you have with trucks do you have? And how do you figure Dodge beat Chevy & Toyota until after 98? Just curious how you managed to come up with this opinion...

I remember when I was 16/17 and my friends and I had the classic camaro -v- mustang debates going on, which was faster, which had more power, yadayadayada.... Sad thing was (or great depending on one's viewpoint :cheers: ), we were all in Germany at the time dealing with beat up Benzes & Porsches on the Autobahn... The mustang was the best thing since sliced bread in my mind - but I was driving a Camaro before a 'Stang :rolleyes:

(Today on the new ones - no question it's the Stang. 2 Reasons, the newer Mustangs like the Bullit & Cobra are pretty sweet. Reason #2, GM dropped the F Bodies :laughs: :(

Jenn
11-14-2002, 12:35 PM
"...I think I'm turning Japanese...oh yes I'm turning Japanese....at least I think so..."

:D :D :D :D

MountainBreeze
11-14-2002, 12:53 PM
QUOTE:
"Reason #2, GM dropped the F Bodies"

Don't remind me. :crying:

JohnR
11-14-2002, 01:42 PM

Yeh - thanks :af:

Het Rob - sorry about the F-Body's - I did toy with the idea of getting a SLP 'Bird 10 years ago...

MountainBreeze
11-14-2002, 01:50 PM
John,

Those SLP cars are schweet! I belong to a few F-Bod clubs and am the developer (and a moderator) of a popular F-Bod site / board.

I'm a first-gen guy myself but I have to admit... when we all get together during the car show season... those SLP cars will put ya' back in the seat!

Oh well... what can ya' do???

Later,
Rob

StarsnStripers
11-14-2002, 03:28 PM
John, I said it before, I dont know anything about trucks or any of those hydrocarboratormajjiggys.......all those big words i do not understand, I am mainly a boat guy....I also have not driven ANY trucks, without my dad in it.

I am only basing my opinion, as I said before, on what I have been inside and rode in....and you don't need much experience to feel more comfortable in one truck over the other and like it's design more than the other and also compare the tech specs and see a big difference in numbers......but I do not know what those numbers mean, I just base it on the bigger number the better....:happy:

Striper SniperX
11-14-2002, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by StarsnStripers
[B]Yea, Dodge's haven't been around long, but long enough to prove they are the superpower!

SnS,, i have never read a post (besides my own, that was more wrong then this ;) ,

First of all , Dodge HAS been around a LONG time,what john meant was the new body style is new... right john? :)

"I personally think the toyotas and chevys beat the old dodge rams, perhaps before 98' or so,"

*How do you figure this Vic? my dodge ram will pull yers accross RI ;) Toyotas Never 'beat' an AMERICAN truck,,, they sell more, yeah, cuz they are a cheap truck,,, there V8 tundra would never beat a ram or chevy,, not even a ford :eek:

"when they relied on other manufacturers to solve there troubleshooting."

LOL--LMFAO!!!!!! they been around ALONG TIME,,, ever hear of a dodge dart ?? one of da best stock cars ??
besides the '64 Fairlane (only ford i like)
the 94-01 body style was one of the longest lasting body styles around--- the F-Series Fords changed alot cause people got sick of them faster,, you know what the 94/01 body style is like ? "BIG-RIG" people loved that back then :)

"every vehicle has to start somewhere!"
Vic, I'm sorry, you are not very auto smart,, i have a picture of a 1923 Dodge power Ram,,, NEW ??? lol ,, wrong,,, dodge came out right around fords prime,,,,,, by,, the"Dodge Brothers" , i know,, i'm good :p

"dodge may not be the oldest and most experienced truck"
It's one of the oldest,,,and they started with coupes BTW, not trucks.... auto makers don't use "experience" like that,, they listen to there customers and they stick 2 the drawing boards,,, some times they have a hit,,, sometimes they don't ,,, damn i'm good :p

"but it sure is powerful in my opinion!"
Serously, i think a new Chevy Souped up out of it's mind would kick a rams ass, i always liked chevys,,, just dodge rams have that sound and speed ,, ZOOOOM

JOHN, as you asked,,, we hit 130 almost pinned on a Alpine 140 speedometer.. on the newport bridge,,, we hit 130 very quickly and you couldn't even feel it,,, truck was straight and in control (my dad drives for a liven) we kept going an going untill we reached the end of the bridge ,lol,,, we coud of hit 140...
my uncle souped this truck up,, alot , higher posi traction - high perfomance air fileters , mufflers, ETC,,, truck sounds MASSIVE,, but rides like a caddy,,, untill ya open it up,,,, SnS was in my ram when my uncle did a Hole Shot around the corner ///remember??
It runs great in the sand,,, like i said before,,, here in cranston there used to be an area called "the dunes" with soft sand, hard sand,, dirt jumps,, etc,, (now there is the 'cranston parkade' over there w/ kmart an all,,, but we took the ram there when it was all still sand and hit it ,,, awsome!! we also drove it on the beach (illegaly ;) ) before,,, did great,,, i never said a ford cannot "drive" i just don't like 'em ,,, i seen an heard WAY to many bad things about them...... and we've pullled new fords all over the place ,, even tho our ram is souped up a bit... don't matter it was a new bigger ford,,, so it was " = " ;)

My moms Great Uncle,, aka 'gramps' , has a 2002 Ford F-150 long bed,,, with a 110 speedo ,, we hit it and at 100 it felt like the truck as rocking back an 4th,,,, ford is the working mans affordable truck,, but rams just clean up house man,,, i love chvys as well (Bow-Tie) ,, My mom has a '88 Chevy Camaro Z-28 454ci chev (not original) flow master duals and POSI traction,, custom frame steel and Bubble hood,, in storage,,, we take it out everysummer ,,, can you say ZOOOOOOOOOM,,,, cause it can ;) (150- swiftly) so chevy is on my list,,,, as well as our all original Dart (storage) 383 , car needs work but it MOVES...

BTW, i have driven trucks,,, and i know how they handle and feel..
Also, john,, yes my uncle is a Licenced Auto Mechanic but sticks to building houses more $$ he just got done doing a full frame up restoration on a '57 Chevy Bel-Air 2dr HrdTop All Original 57 parts except motor (409) Car is SWEEEET sold it for $26,500 wish i could have it,,,,, he is now in the proccess of a '55 Chevy Post most original , needs more work,,, he wants a 350 in the,, obviously non-original.... he got it in his garage at his boss' shop - sweeeeet ride,,, maybe i'll get this one ;)

Vic,,, it's my dumb uncle.....you met him... not the one who works on outboards

Hey, this is going to be an ON-GOING thead about dodge vs. chevy vs. toyota vs. ford .,,,,, IT GETS US AROUND,, why argue ? Grab life by the horns ,,, an be happpy ;) i like Dodge/Chevy ,,, you like Ford/Yota,,,, can't change that ,,, now let's argue about boats ,, i like Luhrs ,,,, (just playing around ) it's all fun

No Hard Fellings here ,,, hope all is the same on the other ends...

See you all later,, have a good one!

Jenn
11-14-2002, 10:57 PM
they sell more, yeah, cuz they are a cheap truck,,, there V8 tundra would never beat a ram or chevy,, not even a ford

Apparently you havent been shopping lately.....if they are selling them cheap where you are I would like to know about it please....

Striper SniperX
11-15-2002, 12:18 AM
Cheaper then the Fully Equiped Dodge Rams ..... Plus i would Climb over that tundra in my ram with the lift kit ;)

Plus it's american,,,an faster!

John,Seen that you been to German,, well....
' Ich Hast Ford und Toyota ' ;) (ask SnS,,We know quite a bit of German,,we have conversations thru my house in German,, Vic is all confused ,that's cause he is 100% Spanish ,,so, when in germany,, did you visit Koblenz ? very nice---wonder if there is any Stripers/Blues On the Rhein River ? ;) (lol) )
i am going back sometime in summer, pretty expensive to go there, and i have to get my passport picture renewed, may go next fall :p

Have a Good One Guys....

JohnR
11-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Ich habe drei jahre ins Stuttgart Gewohnt - von drei und achtzig bis sechs und achtsig. Ich war fraulein ins gasthausen mittrinken und fahrnen den autobahn (aber naturlich nicht gleichzeitig) bevor sie beiden haben geboren. Meine auslandsaufenthalt war ausgesigchtnet.

Ich war halbes flussig auf Deutch, aber jetz geb mir so viel vergessen :(

Did you understand that?

Krispy
11-15-2002, 09:32 AM
I did:smokin:

JohnR
11-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Ahh naturlich, Herr Kepler. Veileicht diesen kinderfischer verstehen koennen. Ach! Oxenscheize...

Actually - I've forgotten so much I couldn't converse with a 2 year old...

Krispy
11-15-2002, 10:27 AM
I can read it, I can speak it, but I write it like a drunk frenchman:confused:
Ah, the delicate nuances of the German language:rolleyes: I never got past der, die, das:smash:

Krispy
11-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Ich hoffe das der oxensheize ist nicht in deiner hosen:eek:

JohnR
11-15-2002, 11:25 AM
I got to der, die, & das but kept forgetting which en, er, and es to pluralize them - tharn the friekin vortshatz went out the window....

Den hund is los in dem Bundespost....

bloocrab
11-15-2002, 05:18 PM
...hint....hint

:smash:

JohnR
11-15-2002, 08:37 PM
ALLES FERTIG!! KAPUT!! ASHLOCHEN ;)

StarsnStripers
11-17-2002, 07:43 AM
SSX, If your ram can trailer mine across RI (which I highly doubt, mine is much heavier) then mine can trailer yours across the U.S.!:)

StarsnStripers
11-17-2002, 11:17 AM
http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/new/offtopic.gif

Team Rock On
11-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Dodge rams make terrible tow vehicles. I've owned one since 94, a 94 and 98 1500. The suspension is terrible for towing and you should cut their tow rating in half to safely tow anything. Ford's are well noted for their towing capabilities.

Striper SniperX
11-18-2002, 12:02 AM
John, I don't mean to sound 'rude' and i am not saying i know more or better german then you, but-- I ,, even my Mother who is Fluent is Full German had a hard time "translating" your first post in german,, In other words...

Wo hast du dein Deutsch gelernt?
Because.
Was du da geschrieben hast macht ganz und gar keinen Sinn

Well...
Was du geschrieben hast macht teilweise Sinn

Ich kann ein wenig Deutsch, aber nicht besonders gut. Ich reise bald nach Deutschland, und werde die Sprache allmählich erlernen.

Understand That?? :p didn't think i was that advanced, huh? ;) Because you asked me if i understood, well 'sarcasticly' ,, Hmmm,, why where you in germany for 3 years ? Slow down on that Autobon! ,, hey now,, girls and drinking is all fun,, till ,,, well ,, it's always fun... ;) surprised? :)

You should see my Mom,,, she can speak to a real german and have them convinced, she even rolls the 'Rs' we go to the Oktoberfest at Newport Yachting Center Almost every year,, alot of german stuff there.. :)

Vic,, LOL , that is Funny,,, it is great how i choose to learn it so i can talk about people with out them knowing,,, it is quite fun... and when you p-ss me off,, i can cuss at you , but you will look 'clueless' , i love it... ;)

Team, we used to have a 26' SeaRay (8kLbs+) and we pulled that boat almost every weekend for 2 years,, i know trailering a 26 footer isn't smart for any truck for every weekend, but docking was Full, and all empty slips where end ones with the 70$ a foot

We also have a 3,000 lb Camper that we pull up to maine,NH,VT,CT, etc,, with all our camping gear, propane, water-etc, that's closer to 4kLbs not a-lot, but you cannot even feel it.
We have Pulled a 2002 Ford F250 around like a wet log,, they are nothing, just have a Rep for 'Built-Ford-Tuff' when i seen one go in at Oakie beach cause the tranny was screaming cause of the 25 or 27' it was TRYING to Yank ;) your ram must of been , well, built like a ford if that happen... :p (just playing around)

like i said,, this is crazy fighting over what truck is better,,, just drive it , fish and shad-up ;) Have Fun fishing and not worrieing about the truck at the other side of the beach stuck in the sand (ford) and the truck helping it out (dodge) and the truck just hanging out, case it knows it will win (chevy) Maybe,,, i love chevys as well,,,if chevy looked as nice as a ram, and sounded as massive and fast-- i would rather own one ;)

Victor, First off, you dodge ram is the quad cab , that is not MUCH-MUCH heavier,, and second of all,, Weight don't mean crap when towing each- other,, it's all about TOURQE -HP and the Expericnce of the DRIVER,, as well as yer TRANNY AND GEARS, not really, but still..

Our motors are the same size, yet mine has been souped up so i can do holeshots till the tires bald,,,, you should see us in the winter,, we go in a big parkin lot, pop in 2whl drive and do 360ºs all onthe snow and ice,, FUN, (till the cops come) ;)

I am done argueing between brands of trucks,,, we all know how it really is,, "if you own that brand of truck,, that brand rules" always,,, so i give up.

Have a good one Guys!
Auf Wiedersehen Mr.John R :)

Fische An!

Striper SniperX
11-18-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by StarsnStripers
SSX is jealous because IM 100% full blood italian and he says he is but he is really 25% German, he doesn;t like to admit it because he hates germans, and his parents force him to learn the language:cool:

LOL, i hope you are kidding ;) ,, i am not 25% german,,, a very very very very distant RELATIVE might have spent some time there,,, and i don't hate Germans,, heck i think the 'Mid-Evil' ways in old germany, and the Castles all over the place are very cool! And you of all people know that i wouldn't be forced to learn that,, heck i ain't even forced to learn anything ;)
and i am Italian As Well ,, Look at my Last Name , my Grandfather/Grandmother on my dads Side Came Strait from Italy (1944) I belive :confused: will have to look at his Records and stuff again,,, next time you are over i will show you them...

See Ya

See You Guys!

JohnR
11-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Hehehe - like I said - I stopped using German about when you were born :laughs: ... And as I said - today I couldn't speak German with a 2 year old :eek5:

Octoberfest in Newport is OK, Oktoberfest in Muenchen was much better but my favorite was Bad Canstadter Fest in Stuttgart - it was the second largest fest at the time but it was also only 15-20 minutes from my high school - Noch ein mal, bitte :cheers:

Wo hast du dein Deutsch gelernt?
Because.
Was du da geschrieben hast macht ganz und gar keinen Sinn

Ich habe zwei jarhre Deutsch in Amerikanische gymnasium gelernt... Ich weise meine vortshatz is sehr schlecht und meine gramatik ist knein besser als meine vortschatz. Macht nichts.

Was du geschrieben hast macht teilweise Sinn

Makes no sense :eek5: ? Sad thing is that my buddies from Germany (mostly americans) would probably understand it as their german has degenerated to the same point after all of these years. My conversational German is a tick or two better than my schreibed - but not too much :( - Pidgeon Deutsch we call it now.

Understand That?? didn't think i was that advanced, huh? Because you asked me if i understood, well 'sarcasticly' ,, I'll admit - you've mildly impressed me there... Let me know when you try Gluewein on a cold Volksmarch - of course when you are old enough.

Hmmm,, why where you in germany for 3 years ? My father worked for the DOD for 25 or so years and did a tour with NCEUR from 83-86. I'd tell you more but then I'd need to kill ya ... It was a 3 yr rotation and we were out of Patch Barracks, HQEUCOM (where so few have been led by so many), from 83-86. I graduated from Patch American High at Patch Barracks in Vaihingen. Funny thing was that after 3 years in Germany, he could only say "Ein mal, bitte" and "Zahlen, bitte" and contrary to popular belief "Ausfahrt" is not a massive city on the autobahn....

You have fire drills in HS, we had bomb scares back then as well as legitimate terrorist threats, but still, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

StarsnStripers
11-18-2002, 10:14 PM

Striper SniperX
11-18-2002, 10:40 PM

StarsnStripers
11-18-2002, 11:02 PM

Scotch Bonnet
11-18-2002, 11:43 PM
A) Nobody cares what you are B) You both were born in America, that makes you full blooded Americans. When(or if:rolleyes: ) you go to Europe you'll need to get a passport. The passport states your nationality - it will say American not 85% Italian 15% BS. CAN YOU PLEASE ARGUE ON THE PHONE.....PLEASE! NOT J/K.

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 12:03 AM
John,
Now, Most of that i could Understand,,, That wasn't too bad,,, That is pretty good for 2 years of German in high school!
The Resolution of it is pretty understandable,,, but the Dies and Ders and all are sometimes in the wrong place,,, a mistake i know very well :( and the way it is put is sometimes 'back-wards' also a mistake i sometimes make,,,
they talk differently then us, like dates an times are said differently,, it's a hard lang to get to know, but once you know it, it goes along well...
We Go to The Classes Once in a while,,(my mom goes every week, i only go once in a while,,too boring,lol)
We Also have the Tapes, Videos and Books,, i like the tapes the most, just put some head-phones on, while reading Salt Water Sportsman ;)

I can Write it Quite Well, Read it Well, but Pronouncing them words is sometimes a project ,, but i'm getting the hang of it.... it's always Good to know a Second Lang anyways!

"I'll admit - you've mildly impressed me there... Let me know when you try Gluewein on a cold Volksmarch - of course when you are old enough."

Aww, it wasn't Meant to impress to the least bit :blush: , well, maybe a little ;) (jk) 'Gluewein -Volksmarch' how about Jagermiester ? (Never Tried it, but it looks Tasty!) :)

I like the Newport Oktober Fest,, about 3 years ago, we drove the 26' searay there and docked it at a open slip, <didn't get caught>
It isn't much of a celebraton, but they have some awsome food there,,, and it's funny to watch how they danced in the old germany days,,,outfits make 'em look like elfs! lol
I went last year and was on the docks looking at the 120'+ yachts
I didn't go this year, i was too into october fishing,,my mom went and brought me back my favorite german 'snack', a Giant Pretzel! :eek:

That is cool how you got to spend time there,, ever go to 'Koblenz' ? My mom has Friends she met in memphis who are from there.... this is a 'crazy' question, but did ya do any fishing over there ?? Our Hotel we will be staying at in Northern German is right on the 'ocean-front' wonder if i should take a little rod/reel, lol,
we stay in northern german for almost , then we go to central germany for a few days, then to Paris, France for a few,,, then England for the remainder of the 2 week stay ,, it is expensive to go and stay there, but my mom might want to stay 3 weeks to see more and not be in a rush,,,, but that might take away from my spring/summer fishing :( (jk)

well,
All this German Talk Makes me want a Giant salted Pretzel to wear around my neck,, with a side of seasoned Potatos ,, don't forget the Sausage :D

Auf Wiedersehen für jetzt

Have a Good One!

P.S. " ü " is made by holding Alt 1-2-9
(just incase ya wanted to know :)

bloocrab
11-19-2002, 12:47 AM
Alright!~

This has gone on long enough. I started this thread looking for opinions.

On What?

Toyota v.s. Nissan...remember??

..where did I invite Mr. Dodge?

If you guys (Stripersnipper & Stars&strips) would like to start a thread about Dodge... go right ahead. Or if you'd like to start a half German half Italian thread, do that too, but Please stop "polluting" my thread with your personal conversations/arguements with each other.

GOT PHONE?....well get off the internet, and USE IT!!!:mad:

Whenever I get online and check my mail, it shows that I have replys to this thread. I anxiously open it looking for more useful information on making my decision about a Nissan v.s. a Toyota...and all I see is....

jibberish like this :af:

wow SSX, thats funny, you are NO WHERE, and NO WHERE, as much italian than me. And also, if your gonna say ure mom is german in here, stop telling me at ure house that she is not at all german and 100% italian.

No ONE Cares!!.....not even MY mom!!!

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 02:17 AM

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 02:30 AM

redcrbbr
11-19-2002, 02:31 PM
go for the toyota bloo. i sent ya a pm on who to see.

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 04:20 PM

StarsnStripers
11-19-2002, 04:21 PM

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 04:32 PM
You Still Replied,,, Jeeze. kids NEVER Learn

You are talking to me as if you are better then me,,, or older,,, you are 14 , little boy ,, i will be 16 VERY soon,,, not that it's a large age diff, but still ,, don't seak to me like that,, it is not very smart of you,,, you always have an answer for everything, huh buddy?

I don't care if John R, cares about my german,,, he said he did,, and even if he didn't care,,, he didn't have to reply,,, either did you

I AM NOT GERMAN,, FOR THE LAST TIME,,, you heard my mother wrong,, we have friends that she met in memphis @ her 'elvis-week' thing,<lol> they are from central germany KOBLENZ,, on the Rhien River,,, not that i care...... WE ARE NOT GERMAN,,, MANCO ISN'T A GERMAN NAME,,, IS IT ????

2500 words,, you been counting ?? get a life ;)

i am done,, bye

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 04:36 PM
P.S. If you still reply , with another retarted post,, <you talk in circles BTW,,, you are so kewl ;) >

If you Reply-- you haven't a brain in your thick skull,,, if you reply to TRUCKS,.,, that's all good,,, don't use my name no more.....understood? okay then

If you still cannot over come the 'fun' of acting like a child and post,,, IT WILL BE IGNORED,,, thank you :)

P.S. sorry to all who i may of 'pissed' off,,, never happen again,,,
bye

Scotch Bonnet
11-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Diarrhea of the mouth:yak: :yak: :nailem:

Krispy
11-19-2002, 04:51 PM
John, when are you re-instating Patrick? At least he was interesting:(

bloocrab
11-19-2002, 05:26 PM
mike....vic.....

http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5172

StarsnStripers
11-19-2002, 05:32 PM

bloocrab
11-19-2002, 05:52 PM
if the shoe fits.....

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

repeat!! http://www.striped-bass.com/vbullet...=&threadid=5172

JohnR
11-19-2002, 08:42 PM
John, when are you re-instating Patrick? At least he was interesting

Dunno - it's been over a year, but did I say a year and a half, hehehehe :wall: :rtfm: :topic: :liquify: :doh:

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 09:03 PM

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 10:33 PM

JohnR
11-19-2002, 10:58 PM
I put all those http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/new/offtopic.gif images in - I'm getting to the end of my patience here with both of you...

KEEP IT OFFLINE!

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 11:20 PM
As I Suggested in Early Post,,,Great Idea :) :) :)

<Glad to see ya kept most of my post,,, all that german is hard to write! ;)

No More Off Topics,,as i said in my 'off-topic' post :p

See Yas!

JohnR
11-20-2002, 07:57 AM
SnS & SSx - This is a public warning to both of you:

The next post that has one of you bashing the other, calling the other a liar, or being generally disruptive, I'll jiggle the handle and you'll BOTH (not one) be bounced off the site for a week -regardless of who feels who started it.

If you get bounced for a week then get reinstated, if it happens again, it will be for good.

You both came a long as fishing buddys here on the board. You did what you were supposed to do, which is fish together as friends. Now you both are pi$$ing each other off and EVERYONE else here. I strongly suggest that you two go have a couple AwfulAwfuls at the local shakebar, call a truce, and reintroduce yourselves to each other... Now you BOTH are becoming a high load, high maintenance, and uncontributive drag to this site.

I also don't want any follow up via a reply here, e-mail, phone call, cablegram, telegram, or carrier pigeon. If you both want to PM me ONCE and keep it less than 100 words (I'll count) of not bashing each other or stating profusely that it will never happen again, but that's it...

I really don't have time for this crap.