View Full Version : Got the itch to go tonight....

Mr. Sandman
11-20-2002, 03:59 PM
Weather looks good and tide is right for the place I want to fish. Just came back from the dock...eels still happy. Had lunch down by the harbor, did not see much bait or fish action. Scallopers are out in full force.

Probably dead as a doornail but I will make the walk and cast for a couple hours ....yaneverknow, there could be a stubborn 50 still holding out.

If it is fishless tonight, the reels are coming off the rods this weekend.

Fish_Eye
11-20-2002, 07:12 PM
Good luck Sandman.

I think your reels will be staying put for a while.

I heard of a 60 pound fish being taken in Maine just a week ago. The rest of the school should be going by Squibby right about now.

Mike

Mr. Sandman
11-22-2002, 09:30 AM
It was pretty quiet out there. Gave it an honest shot. A beautiful night to end the season on though. The water is really cold here and you guys on the mainland look to be having some steady action there. Figures...I move to an Island and the fish move to the mainland.:confused:
I can't complain, it was a busy and confused year for me but I had more then my share of great fishing trips.

It is not 100% over though...I have to go to Southhampton to check out a boat this week and I figured I would make the run to the point for a night (montauk in late November) if the weather is half way decent. Montauk is *big* darter country (everyone seems to use them there) and I will have to bring a few tatoos with me.