View Full Version : When will the pogies move out

ilovetwofish
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
A friend went into providece downtown and said the pogies were still so thick he could walk across them and not even get wet.Will they stay up there all year and will the bass start hitting them once the water temp drops.Or will they move out and do they usually make pitstops along the way or just swim for there live when they make there break?

Raider Ronnie
09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
What's a pogie ?

striperman36
09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
it's what you have for dessert after having a cabinet and a hero

RIJIMMY
09-24-2008, 08:41 PM
I waited for the big drop last year and hoped that the bay would turn on once they dropped out. I can't say it never happened, but I never witnessed it. They were still up in Prov in November, my guess is they eventually dropped out, Im just not sure there was anything around to eat them

bloocrab
09-25-2008, 07:35 AM
I've gone over the new bridge everyday this week and I've seen blitzing going on EVERYDAY. The boils don't look large, so for the most part I'm assuming BlooFish....but they ARE being harrASSed. If the school stays together, on a certain tide, God only knows which one......the majority will make their move. To answer your question of "when", I'd have to be able to walk on water..........and turn 1 fish into 10,000, with bread to go along with it.

Good Luck - why don't you try to transport some to a location nearby that has some moving water, you may just catch something bigger than a pogy.