View Full Version : The Great Patriot!

BigFish
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Troy Brown retired today. He has played well for the Pats for so many years! One of the greatest Patriots ever! He will be long remembered!:kewl:

Slipknot
09-25-2008, 05:03 PM
I love Troy Brown

in a fan sort of way
my favorite player
Troy, hold your head high and be proud of your accomplishments and dedication:cheers::cheers:

Raider Ronnie
09-25-2008, 05:10 PM
In my opinion there is/was only 1 Patriot who deserves the word great mentioned with his name.
John Hannah

BigFish
09-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Whatever Ron....can't cha give credit where credit is due? :doh:

Raider Ronnie
09-25-2008, 05:28 PM

Troy was a good player, a hall of famer or a great player ? NO

BigFish
09-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Ummm........I never mentioned the words hall of famer? Just a great player for 15 seasons, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 Championships, all time leading Patriots receiver and the guy played the game offense and defense and did everything that was ever asked of him.....along with making some huge plays when the team needed them most! You may be quite disappointed Ron......he may well make it to the hall, but either way.......he is one of the greatest Patriots ever......whether you think so or not!:bshake:

Raider Ronnie
09-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Ummm........I never mentioned the words hall of famer? Just a great player for 15 seasons, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 Championships, all time leading Patriots receiver and the guy played the game offense and defense and did everything that was ever asked of him.....along with making some huge plays when the team needed them most! You may be quite disappointed Ron......he may well make it to the hall, but either way.......he is one of the greatest Patriots ever......whether you think so or not!:bshake:

You throw around the word GREAT too easily !
Jerry Rice was a GREAT receiver, Troy was good

Raider Ronnie
09-25-2008, 05:46 PM
15 years
1 season with 100 or more catches
1 season with over 1000 yards

NOT GREAT !!!

BigFish
09-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Whatever Ron. You say tomato and I say tomatoe. You would rather die than say what he is....a great team player. Thats all I said he was. I never said hall of famer....you did. He was a great Patriot player......as I said....whether you like it or agree or not! Have a lovely evening.

BigFish
09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
You throw around the word GREAT too easily !
Jerry Rice was a GREAT receiver, Troy was good

I said he was a great player.....not a great receiver. Man, you sure go off half cocked lately Ron. Maybe check your meds....or get some. My quote stands.......he was a great player and if he had not been with the team and made many of the great plays he made at times when he made them......they may not be enjoying the great seasons they have been enjoying. It is my opinion Ron and anyone who is a fan will agree 100%.

fishsmith
09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Bigfish, I couldn't agree more, Troy Brown was Great and I hope the Pats retire his number.

He was all about TEAM.

Raven
09-25-2008, 06:36 PM
he was great every time he played....

he should be in the hall of Fame too

Goose
09-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Bingo!:btu:

Slipknot
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Raider Ronnie is a great fisherman:uhuh:

I hope you aren't in the same boat as those Sox fans who feel an other number 6(Rico)deserves his number retired before Johnny Pesky :wall: :rollem:

Troy Brown is the consumate Patriot football player, period
and I am glad the organization will recognize him at the game against the Jets on a thursday n ight in Nov. :claps::claps:

Raider Ronnie
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM
:bgi:
I love getting you Pats fans all worked up :rotf2:

Actually I would have loved having Troy on the Raiders !
He was definitely a team player !

ThomCat
09-26-2008, 06:18 AM

:fishin:Big Guy, I can't believe you took the bait. :shocked: Put yourself in RR's place for a minute. He been :wall: on the short end of the stick for a long, long time.:raiders: Troy Brown personifies what a TEAM player is all about. By the way he always conducted himself, on & off the field, he put the "pro" in professional. Never had a 100 catches or a thousand yards but most often had them when they really meant something.:cheers:A tip of the hat for Troy, the little engine that could!!!:patshelmet:

ProfessorM
09-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Lawrence count to three and take a deep breath. In and out . In and out. There you go. Nice and easy. Now say the words SNOW BOWL:D