View Full Version : Singin' in the SoCo Rain

The Iceman 6
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Just got back from a trip to SoCo. Met my brother who flew in from MI just to fish the salt and hang with family this week (mainly fish the salt). Loved the Nor’easter. Rain, wind, heavy surf, never seen the conditions worse. The linesiders didn't seem to care much. Caught all bass last night from 40 - 45 inches - all on big eels. Did not weigh, I would say all fish between 20-30 lbs. One cast after the other, bass after bass - no blues. Lost a lot of others due to breakoffs and the elements. It was pretty crazy conditions, we were the only ones fishing this particular spot. Slept about 4 hours and went back this morning, funny what the day brings, all Gator blues, one after the other, on poppers. Blues were spitting up Ocean Herring. Conditions were the same if not worse. Body took a pounding! Of course I forgot my digital camera (that's when we knew we were going to bail fish). However, my brother did have one of those cheapy yellow cameras, hopefully they come out and he remembers to send them to me. Pretty crazy 24 hours,
Ice

Slingah
09-26-2008, 04:59 PM
great report Ice...glad to hear you and your bro got into em...

BassDawg
09-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Nice work, Iceman!!

spending time with bruthas is the BONUS,
bailing feesh together,,,,,,,,,,,LIFE memory!!

gooooood for youse guys!!
glad to hear you stayed safe as well.
we cannot be TOO careful in this SLOP!!
:bl: :bl: :bl:

bart
09-27-2008, 07:13 AM
knew i should have went down there last night :wall:

glad you got into em....

tynan19
09-27-2008, 09:07 AM
knew i should have went down there last night :wall:

glad you got into em....