View Full Version : jigging canal

hardbait
09-28-2008, 07:43 PM
anybody use teasers when jigging in the canal?

Striper
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I dont but does not mean you cant its a good idea I would use a 3 way swivel if I were to use a teaser in the CC

stiff tip
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
deep or on top... no ...you will have your hands full w/ 1 fish on .... fish the canal w/ bigger fish in mind . get good w/ 1 "trick" lure first, u dont need it......plg of the wk on the canal is a jazzed up cotton cordell pencil rocket

Mike P
09-29-2008, 01:27 PM
The only time I'd ever run a teaser with a jig, is when small fish are keyed on small baits. Guys do it in late summer and in reality, the jig is just a casting weight for the teaser. A 2-3 oz bank sinker would serve the same purpose--for less money. You cast and retrieve instead of bouncing the jig, as you only want the teaser running a few feet below the top.

If you jig with a teaser deep, the only thing the teaser's gonna do is wrap around the main line (maybe causing a bluefish to hit it and cut you off) and cut down your cast.

TheSurfcaster
09-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Mike,

I hear you on that. Tried it and like you said it just wraps around your main line and gives you a headache and I also tried to use a three way swivel but same results.

HARDBAIT:
Try using a bucktail with pork rind

hardbait
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
thanks for the info.ill stick with my ronz and spros.finally got my conventinal casting down this weekend with no backlashes finally. took awhile.