View Full Version : Wasque question?

Swimmer
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I am curious if the Trustees are requiring Norton stickers for the Wasque side of the cut?

Mike P
10-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I would tend to doubt it. Their jurisdiction is the Reservation. Norton Point beach is under the jurisdiction of the Dukes County Sheriff's Dept. Unless the Trustees took it over after my last visit.

jkswimmer
10-02-2008, 12:09 AM
I heard that the Trustees are managing it.

nightprowler
10-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Trustees are managing it, last year a norton point sticker was required, not sure about this year...

tynan19
10-02-2008, 08:28 AM
We tried fishing the cut the night of the hurricane and the water had breached the sand all the way to the parking lot on the reservation. It was not possible to get near the cut.

BasicPatrick
10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
As has been posted the Trustees started managing the Norton Point property for Dukes county two years ago. The Norton Point sticker is $100 for non residents and if you buy the $180 Wasque sticker than you get a small combination discount.

Both the inside or KAtama Bay trail and the interdunal trail were open this morning. The "Wasque" side is a total washover for an easy 1000 feet if not more.

To answer your question Swimmer, yes, it is required however there has been no enforcement thatt I have seen.

Mr. Sandman
10-02-2008, 10:12 AM
They (the trustees) are out there every night. If you don't have a sticker they will sell you one on the spot from what I heard.
Dukes county can't manage their way out of a eel bucket. The best thing that ever happened to that beach was when the trustees took over managing it. It has never been cleaner and they do the best they can to give fisherman access and they put an air station on the katama side) ( I know it is expensive for the sticker but IMO at least they do something for the $) The county looked at it as a cash cow and did nothing but stop you from going on the beach all summer (after collecting your money).

Next year we may have a new fishing pier in OB too. From what I have heard about it will be sweet.

Swimmer
10-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks Pat and Sandman. Can you get as far as Metcalf's still?