View Full Version : Narragansett Beach Reports...

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 12:10 PM
I hear they are still hitting big blues and schoolie stripers along Narr Beach ,plus Newton n Hazard Rds ,, Approximately , how long of a ride is this from Cranston <Near-Twin-Oaks> Or <Reservor Ave/Park Ave> ?? Just a Guess Even....

I am interested in fishing this area,, maybe even alone since i want some peace and quite while fishing for once,,, and the spot i keep going to <Fox Point> is getting rather old and Boaring.. there is no fish to be had on what i use... or anyone,,,, we seen 2 schoolies caught there on storms,,, we used same spot and surrounding spots still nothing......Plus i like to fish where it's more of beach and not a man-made boardwalk....

Narragansett Beach Sounds like the place for me,,, i have been there before if i'm not wrong , Ocean Drive near that Old Tower Bridge Building ya drive under..... Caught a Skate on squid and that's it.... but i went early...

So any directions just to the beach itself,,, and appox time to get there from here ,,, would be appreciated <i am not asking for anyones spots,,,don't worry> :)

See Yas!

Have a good one!

Fishpart
11-19-2002, 12:59 PM
Route 1A by the tower you speak of. About 21 miles from where the Airport connector hits 95. Newton and Hazard are two your right as you look east, Narragansett Town Beach to your left.

BE CAREFUL, between Newton and Hazard Avenues about one fisherman a year DIES. I'm not saying don't fish it when properly equipped, but keep in mind the sea is very unforgiving.

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Fishpart,
Thanks for reply--What is it like A Seawall ?? Is there anyway i can set up an sit down,, will that be safe? is there any "Safer" spots near by in casting distance to all these fish you all speak of?

The 'Tower' i know is not what its called,,i know the name of it but i can't think of it,, my aunt got Married on it, on the ocean,, that's all i know,,, what is that thing for anyways>?? i was told ir was an old house for the coast guard?

Appoximately how long of a ride is that from cranston, if you don't know cranston well, then i'm sorry-- but i live near Twin-Oaks , & Reservor/Park Aves.... Near Cranston High School East,, if that helps...

Thanks

StarsnStripers
11-19-2002, 03:36 PM
Mike, sorry, but my dad wont take us to Narragansett...If he would I would of been going there instead, beleive me....
Oh, and by the way, about the old and boring thing, I think we are discouraged because of Saturdays weather, that can really put you down without you knowing it, I think a little more time and effort and lure selection will find us the right lures, retrieves and times to catch em....we just need to put more time in....3 saturdays doesn't cut it.... Of course, I have seen the Narragansett thing, but if only my dad could take us there....
Oh well, jus remember the boat fishin' coming up next season!!:happy:

Surprised to see you changed Mike, you never wanted to fish without me a few months ago.... now you want some "peace and quiet" don't mean to take it as an insult, but are you implying that it is peaceful and qiuet without me??:( :confused:

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by StarsnStripers
Mike, sorry, but my dad wont take us to Narragansett...If he would I would of been going there instead, beleive me....

Sorry To Hear that,,, But i wasn't asking if your dad could take us,,, i was thinking on going alone,, with my dad,,, No Offence,,,it might not happen,, but if i change my mind,, if yer dad says it's okay,,, i will have him drop us BOTH off at Narr Beach,,, If Not,, I will Bring a Camera,, Just Incase,, <NOT like i'll need it,, haven't caught a fish in the longest time :( i suck at fishing :( ,, but i will get better :) i hope :)

see yas

StarsnStripers
11-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Striper SniperX
but if i change my mind,, if yer dad says it's okay,,, i will have him drop us BOTH off at Narr Beach,,,

O yes mike, If my dad says its OK , YOU WILL HAVE him drop us off,
Of course, you have complete control over him, tell him what to do right.....

ANd, I wish my dad liked fishing, I'd go with him.... but everyone in my family who liked it is now DEAD:( :mad:
sorry to put it like that, I know you are watching me from above, or should I say, watching me from below sea level?:p my grandfather was cremated and his ashes thrown into the ocean near BI...that's where he belongs, he now lives with the fish:( :p

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 09:42 PM
O yes mike, If my dad says its OK , YOU WILL HAVE him drop us off,
Of course, you have complete control over him, tell him what to do right.....

It wasn't meant like that,,, no YOUR DAD,, i said,, if YOUR dad says it's OKAY i will have MY DAD drop US BOTH off at Narr Beach,,, But it will most likely NOT happen,, unless i have a sudden happyness Burst and change my mind,,not likely when i'm in this mood,,,,Understood?

so start making plans for Fox Point Now,,, and maybe I will drop in sometime ..But Probably not,,, my dad was "excited" when i asked him 2 fish with me,, he likes it, he just needs to learn more <not saying i am the best teacher,.but i helps> we will pick up bait and some lunch and spend the day on the sea wall,,, i need to spend more time with him ,, i feel bad cuz i always blow him off to go fising with YOU,, no offence,, and you are still my Number 1 fishing Buddy,,, i hope i am still yers ? But just to try sumthin Different.. i want to fish alone half the day, so i will have my dad like leave around NOON and pick me up about 6pm...
So anyone who is over there,,, stop over and say hi ;)

Bye

JohnR
11-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Don't got to Hazzards or Newton until you have the right gear (which you don't) and until you go with someone that knows the spot...

First time I was there I did a 10' slide WITH the right gear and almost got swept off the ledge. This place kills people... If you go work just north of it...

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 11:09 PM
May I ask,, what is the right gear ?? it may be worth the risk for i hear the fishing there is excelent- even now!

Is there any SAFER place NEAR there i couldfish ? like a Dock, Peir,Wharf,,BEACH? etc???

I have some petty well gripping Boots,, Non Slip and Anti-Ice Bottoms,,,, if i have to i will take my pair of SOSpenders off my uncles boat ,,, as long as i catch fish,, i'll stand on a slimy rock ;) ,,, i'll even "crawl" my way there,, i like a challenge anyways, i will toss all my stuff in a back pack so my hands are free to 'Ballence' or grab if i fall,, this a good idea ? untill i get a tackle bag ??

thanks

Striper SniperX
11-19-2002, 11:11 PM
**AS I SENT TO JOHN R IN PM,

i want the rest of yas to see it as well, maybe you guys can also help :)

" So is Narragansett Beach the Place to fish this Saturday ?? any tips on what to use ?? when, what tides ? "

"How about this Hazard n Newton,, how long is that from the beach? there alot of people there on Saturdays ? if the weater is fair ? any tips for that area ??
You think i'll have any luck if i fish all day ?? <i hope> and are the blues still there ?? is there Togs over there ?? IS there any Bait Shops Near By ??
How about near that "old-tower-bridge' thing ya drive under at Narr Beach ? Any Fishing Over there ?? "

thanks guys!

"uffah!!"
11-20-2002, 11:47 AM
I just started saltwater fishing,I got hooked on it from a trip to
Montauk Point,Ny this past summer. I also live near Twin Oaks
only closer to the Frankfoot St Bridge.

mikecc
11-20-2002, 12:09 PM
welcome aboard "uffah!!"

JohnR
11-20-2002, 12:34 PM
uffah!! - welcome to S-B.... Are you thinking Surfcasting, Boating or both ;) - They're all addictiing ...

Don't got to Hazzards or Newton until you have the right gear (which you don't) and until you go with someone that knows the spot...

First time I was there I did a 10' slide WITH the right gear and almost got swept off the ledge. This place kills people... If you go work just north of it...

Gear - Korkers & someone else
Where - If you go work just north of it... meaning north of Hazzard and Netwon by the pier and CG house

Striper SniperX
11-20-2002, 02:12 PM
John, what are Korkers? How Much $ ? where??

i might go with someone else. not sure, But i will have a cell-phone if anything goes wrong,,even with some-one else! ;)

'Just-North-Of It' ,,, is the fishin' still good?? like in them pictures :)
Why is it so dangerous ? what is it ? broken down dock,, SeaWall? and is this CG house area 'Fishable' ? beach?
and can i cast to the area where all the fish are at ? (i hope)

If i find a place on a rock, and stay there,, and when i catch a fish, just toss him softly into the water ? then i can stay-put without walking so i wont slip ??

I really MUST fish this area,, no matter what! EVERY RI fishing report i read has to do with Narragansett still hitting them!

ANY-ONE ELSE HAVING ANYLUCK ? TIPS? TIMES? thank you very much :)

Originally posted by "uffah!!"
I just started saltwater fishing,I got hooked on it from a trip to
Montauk Point,Ny this past summer. I also live near Twin Oaks
only closer to the Frankfoot St Bridge.

Welcome Aboard!

You'll Love Saltwater Fishing--I also got hooked this Summer, but i was always fishing, just not as much...

Frankfurt St Bridge,,,Are You Serious? I can see that from my window ;) , If ya see the little boat with the Canvas on it,,, that's ours-- Nice to "Meet" ya!

Jeeze, Internet is a Small-World sometimes!

Have a good one!

Fishpart
11-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Black slippery slate rock that slopes toward the water.

EXACTLY like the picture.

How long does it take you to get to the Airport connector then drive 21 miles?

Striper SniperX
11-20-2002, 02:39 PM
I must of seen the wrong Picture :( ,,, i seen one that's on the front page now (with the blitz on the surf) i was told thats off hazard ?? is that where i should go then ?

Anyone have a pic of the 'slippry Rock' that i could see ?

thanks

Striper SniperX
11-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Fishpart
How long does it take you to get to the Airport connector then drive 21 miles?

I'm the Wrong Person To ask,, try mapquest.com ;)

JohnR
11-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Korkers are studded soled shoes (see our sponsors)that slip under your boots - range from $40-80 depending on model and are an absolute must for fishing slippery rocks... These are arguably the most important piece of gear you can use fishing around rocks...

Cell phone won't do diddly once yer butt is off the ledge into the drink...

You don't NEED to fish Hazzard/Newton, you can do just fine in the general area without breaking your a$$.

What is it? Rocks that slope down from 20' above sea level to 5' above sea level - 'cept the slope down, are extremely slippery, and the waves crashing over them make it even more so.

"uffah!!"
11-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Both, I just like to fish. I have a boat, its a 21'w/a Hydra-sport
w/150hp Johnson. I keep it in the Oakland Beach area. A few
friends talked me into fishing and now they dropped out. So I will be looking for other people to go fishing with. In fact I took the name of my boat "uffah!!"

DRUMCORPFAN
11-20-2002, 03:21 PM
striperswiperx fish along narragansett beach and the pier, stay away from the rocks. you can walk the length of narragansett beach (leads to a great inlet at the end towards the dunes club)
you can cast and walk the whole way . great place to learn structure and conditions, it's a long walk mayby 1 mile.
STAY CLEAR OF THE ROCKS LADDIE!!!!!!:cool:

Striper SniperX
11-20-2002, 03:59 PM
Oh Jeeze,, you Guys are Ruining my mood over here :( ,, i ain't fishing Fox Point this weekend, no matter what! i want NATURE. and FISH ;)

i Went to map quest and got a pic,,, is this them rocks ya speak of ?? IS THAT WHERE ALL THE FISH ARE AT ? all reports say HAZARD OR NEWTON <becareful> Is there ANYWAY i can fish NEAR THERE on safer Ground??

"striperswiperx fish along narragansett beach and the pier, stay away from the rocks. you can walk the length of narragansett beach
(leads to a great inlet at the end towards the dunes club)
you can cast and walk the whole way . great place to learn structure and conditions,"

Hmmm,, may be a GREaT place, but is there FISH? OR are you just saying this so i don't go over there :mad: Narragansett BEACH sounds like no fish to me,,, i like points and rock and all!!

Pier? can ya fish on the pier ?? go fishing? what to use??

'Great-Inlet' what does this mean,, there fish in this inlet ?
Is there anyway i can fish a safer ground right near Hazard/Newton ?? like a beach ? and cast TOWARDS the area ?
I don't want to walk the beach knowing there is no fish,, i read the reports,, they are ALL around Hazard,, ,, Sooooo

ANYONE HAVE ANY LUCK FROM THE BEACH, OR SAFER AREA ?

any tips for me ? times, lures, tides etc? i aint asking for yer spots, so help a fellow fisherman out! :)

anyone have any other PICS of this area where I COULD fish ??
thanks guys

"You don't NEED to fish Hazzard/Newton, you can do just fine in the general area without breaking your a$$."
LOL, i see, where ???? how far from the town beach?? any spots / tecniques you reccomend?? thanks :)

(i think this is the rock clifts you guys speak of,, correct?? if not, what is it ? i did a search for hazard in Narragansett RI,, SO THIS must be it,,,, doesn't look too back,, if i stay in one spot ?? :( )

Striper SniperX
11-20-2002, 04:15 PM
The Attachment don't want to download,, never mind,, i'll try and put it on here later , :)

DRUMCORPFAN
11-20-2002, 04:15 PM
not trying to steer you away from hazard & newton ave. i just would not take a chance on them rocks without korkers and someone with you. they say the best way to survive falling in the water near those rocks is to swim out away from them, if you try to climb back up your in big trouble. not a hard choice for me i like inlets. :cool: by the way narrow river inlet is at the end of the beach it could be worth the walk, plus there are lots of rocks there and you dont have to climb them. you can fish the mouth of the inlet on the drop or on the incomming tide, also walking up the river you can catch fish. all yours if your willing to take the walk, cast the whole way there you'll be glad you did.

Fish_Eye
11-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Okay Boys,

Here is the story on Indian Rock.

It’s long been famous for fish and scenic beauty, but it has also claimed the lives of more people than any other stretch of shore in RI.

Here are a few of the scenic shots:

As you can see, this rock has inspired artists over the years.
http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/november/Indianrockengraving.jpg

A more recent look:
http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/november/indianrock.jpg

This series of photos tells the story of how waves come in sets. Everything might look fine and you set up base camp on a rocky ledge that is high and dry, and perhaps your friend climbs down on a lower rock outcropping to get just a little closer to the action. These shots were taken from Newton Ave looking down the bay toward Pt Judith. You can see these dudes set up and fishing. Note the rod on the lower rock.

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/november/qrock.jpg

Then a minute or so later, one guy is gone and he has left his rod behind. He must have got a gander at the wave that was coming…I hope!

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/november/rocklight.jpg

Finally, this wave washes high enough up on the rock to put the other guy in possible danger.

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/november/rocklight2.jpg

This whole shoreline is not a place to take lightly.

You can do even better at the mouth of the Narrow River…again, be careful. I know people who have gotten in trouble because they waded out just a little too far…and then the tide came in!

Mike

Striper SniperX
11-21-2002, 12:49 AM
This Place Looks Crazy! ,,, i would not be fishing on that rock,, don't worry-----In some of them pics you see 'Grass' ,, that looks like level save ground to fish,, is it not?? i want to fish NEAR hazard or Newton rds ,, i don't need to fish on the rocks,, that's okay,,

okay, so if we Park the Ram at newton,, how far of a walk is narrow river ?? is there still blues and stripers there ? baitfish ?
Is there any closer spots we can park at ? like a road right near narrow river? and is there access to it ?

I heard the Coast guard Resteruant , a lil' rocky area that is safe,, is over there on Ocean Drive -(R- 1A) ?? is this a good spot ??

I am , no matter the weather or fishing conditions , i am going to fish here saturday! ,, if you see me there, (Mike: glasses. Prob Have a Yellow Jacket on, <Big Plano 3tray Box,,,tan and brown>) CAN'T MISS IT ;)
if ya see it,, come over and say hi ;). then maybe we can venture to some good close by spots yas know of ?

I won't feel right coming over to one of you guys,jk,,so Just yell , 'Hey, StriperSniper' , lol :)

If I do see a 'S-B' sign i may come over to meet ya,, may be too embarresed to tell yas the truth :( i'm almost 16,but still wont feel right going over to one of you expert surf fisherman ;) and saying "hey, are you from the S-B forum?" , lol but if I AM asked that question, i wouldn't be as "embarresed" oh well, we'll see

Where will you be fishing Drumcorpfan ?? near the coast guard resturant,,, narrow river ? anyone ?

It is still kind of early in the week, but my dad said he will surely take me down there, Saturday , he wants to get into more fishing anyways,, but he might just stay for an hour or so and go visit his aunt who lives near the beach :)

So i'll be there saturday ,, still don't know where to park and fish in SAFETY but still know there is fish there :confused:

ANY HELP on a close by to the hazard n Newton or CG house would be appreciated :)

P.S. what sould i use ? top-water plugs? Kastmaster or Krocodile spoons? what size? color ? tube tail. bucktail ?
Soft Plastics? what size Jig-Heads? what color?
How about Bucktail jigs? or "Crank-Baits" like Rat'L traps and all ?? i am not asking for spots or anything ,, just some tips on what to use in this area ,, thanks in advance

ALSO,,
This may sound funny,,
HOW DO YOU FISH A BUCKTAIL JIG? i know this is ONE of the dumbest questions out there, but i have been fishing a while, more fresh then salt, now i am all saltwater ,,I KNOW HOW to Fish it,, it just , i don't know,, it's weird,,
cause i still cant get the hang of the bucktail jig ,, i either do it to fast, or do it very wrong,,, is there a way you could tell me how to fish it ? what speed ? do ya lift your rod? etc ?
I can fish most lures ,, sometimes i retrieve too fast, sometimes too slow,, but that's a common mistake,, i but how do ya fish the bucktail jig ?? what 'Tecnique' ? style ? etc,, IF ANYONE can help me, or tip me on this , even a website link,, it would be very appreciated ,, thanks in advance :)

THERE ANY TAUTOG OR SCUP LURKING THE AREA??? ANY OTHER FISH BESIDES BASS AND BLUES that i could fish bait with one rod, and lure with the other?

also, when in Narr, should put a shad body on the bucktail ? a pork-rhine? use it bare tail n hook ? thanks :) :) :)

Thanks for ANY info/tips/comments,,, i appreciate it :)

Fish_Eye
11-21-2002, 07:16 AM
Striper SniperX,

I sent you a PM, give me a call.

Mike

JohnR
11-21-2002, 09:29 AM
That grassy area you see the pic being taken from is the top of the cliff about 30' over the rocks that meet the shorline - ain't no stinkin' grass there :eek5:

SSX - Did you bother to read my PM? Told you what you needed to know in 10 words... Trust me, you'll like it there AND it'll be safe.

Striper SniperX
11-21-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Fish_Eye
Striper SniperX,

I sent you a PM, give me a call.

Mike

Mike, I think ya may have sent it to the wrong person ,, my PM box is cleaned and empty,,, please try sending it again, or E-mail me at : stripersniperx@hotmail.com ,,,,,,,thanks :)

P.S. john, i understand,,I just read the whole PM for ya now,,
i WILL check them spots out,, the rocks look a bit to hard for me,,, maybe in the summer If i have some 'korkers' and a bit more experience around rocks, thanks..
Wish me Luck ;)

have a good one!

Striper SniperX
11-21-2002, 09:30 PM
Oh,
BTW, What's the Deal with the 'Coast-Guard-House-Restuarant' ?? How are the fishing conditions over there?? (Beach? Rocks? Jetty? etc) How far is 'Narrow-River' from this spot ?? any places we can park the truck close to narrow river ??

Grrrr, I got the itch,, it's almost time :) ,,, any details i can get are appreciated,,, even Fishen reports for the area :)

Thanks ALOT!!!

Have a good one!

DRUMCORPFAN
11-22-2002, 09:30 AM
park along ocean drive, there are parking lots along the beach that are open in the summer, but i don't know if there open now.
either way you've got to do some walking to get to the river. if you park near the coast guard house that is where the beach starts, lots of structure there too.

StarsnStripers
11-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Stop itching in anticipation.....your dad says your fast asleep at 8:45......you said you were leaving @ 7:30.....back already??

Striper SniperX
11-23-2002, 10:57 PM
Stop itching in anticipation.....your dad says your fast asleep at 8:45......you said you were leaving @ 7:30.....back already??

You Obviously wasn't outside today,, wasn't worth the trip down there with the HEAVY WINDS today ,, wouldn't of been fun fighting the wind.. 8:45 i was asleep, ya, i woke up around 1pm today , lol ;) i woke up around 7:30 and seen the wind was CRAZY so it wasn't worth my time,, if the weather is better i will be there,, and it looks like it is,, so wish me luck and hope to see some of yas there :)

I'll be around the CG house Rest... Now should i stay there (rocky looking area) or should i move down the beach? should i go to the left or right? seen pics of the CG house beach - looks nice, just wondering though

And if there is time left i would like to round up some Quahogs or Surf Clams for home-made chowder,, there any nice sandy areas around there?

WHAT TO USE:

will 4" Power Pogys (wht) with painted jig-heads do the trick?
Only Place i know that sells storms is boaters world,, and it's a bit out of the way for me,, so they will have to work :)

How about Kastmasters? Krocodile spoons ?
Rat L traps? etc.. thanks in advance

Also, this is not crucial but it would be worth a try,
If i put a second rod in a surf spike, or hold on to it,
Is there any Tautog ? Winter Flounder ? Scup? Seabass?
Around there???

Is it worth it to buy some Fozen Squid? Sea(clam)-Worms ?
Clam Bellies? Makeral ? etc? is there anything around that will hit that around now? Thanks

Anyone know what the tides are tomorrow ?
(i know of many websites - but in a hurry, any help is wanted, thanks)

Hope the weather is good,, see yas there

JohnR
11-23-2002, 11:10 PM
Anyone know what the tides are tomorrow ?
(i know of many websites - but in a hurry, any help is wanted, thanks) Why should someone else do the work for you - you look it up. Look at the tide links here on the front page.

Go down with one rod only, bring Storm 4" shads - mullet or bunker. Bring 1 oz Kastmasters or Hopkins. SIMPLIFY and you will not need to ask 40 bazillion questions and have people put you on the fish for you.

You need to go with half of the information you have, flush the rest, and Go Fish. Have the skinny end of the rod pointing at the water, have line between your reel & your lure, and wiggle the lure as you retreive it. That's how you fish & all you need to know to get started.

Here is what I'm concerned about as far as you learning to fish: you're not going to learn - simple as that. You have too many fishing thought processes going on with no end. No finish to the thoughts. I'm being totally honest & intending to help when I say SIMPLIFY. Don't worry about every angle & aspect and this and that. Put on a Storm, go to the water, CAST & Retrieve. That's it. You ask so many questions and have so many threads running on different things, you'll just end up confusing yourself, or worse, you'll have so many "possibilities" running thru your head, you won't know what to do and will get frustrated by "Well, what if I try this, no that, or this". Just fish, that's all & I'm trying to be totally sincere here. JUST FISH!!!!!

Oh, and if you were down in South County in this wicked wind, you might have caught some nice keepers, I saw more than a few fish in the 20# range today, at the end of my line and others... Yeh, & on a Storm lure.

Striper SniperX
11-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Hmmm , wow i learned something...

"Have the skinny end of the rod pointing at the water, have line between your reel & your lure, and wiggle the lure as you retreive it. That's how you fish & all you need to know to get started."

STARTED? you are mistaken,, i am almost 16 an have been fishing A-LONG time,, i have felt the power of a 300lb Mako 35 miles s/e Block Island,, you? Your 37lb Striper and all is amazing and i hope i catch that some day,, my biggest is a 15# , good for me, still!

I am not learning HOW to fish, or asking HOW to fish,, JUST ASKING ADVICE ,, just like you do sometimes,,, if we all keep to our-selfs and don't teach eachother,, in the future, who will catch the fish??

I HAVE fished saltwater many-times ,, but i am just getting into it BIG now.... i was mostly in the Fresh-water gig till i remembered the power when SnS and i took a trip to Bristol and seen Bluefish after bluefish pulled out!! Beats a Bluegill & Crappie on Ultra Light Tackle, Bobber and Night Crawler, lol..

About the Tides thing, I DIDN'T ASK ANYONE TO LOOK IT UP FOR ME, i said if anyone HAPPINS to know the tide,, meaning: if they know the tides already..

No Offence John, just like i said before,, if you don't have the time to read and reply,, then don't! i won't loose sleep over it, and i will understand... thanks

"40 bazillion questions"
Is that even a number ?? and like i said, ONLY ANSWER WHAT YOU CAN,,, and i holding a gaff up to you saying 'Answer and Read every little bit of my post!!!!" ?? Nope.... there for i am not forcing ya!

On a better note, there was 20# fish down there today ? :mad: really ?? AHHH man ,, i knew it, just my LUCK!!
was this at Narragansett , watch hill ? IN- BETWEEN? or some Secret spot ? lol BTW you can say where,, not like where all going to fish the place out,, FISH COME EVERY YEAR, don't worry ;) just pulling ya leg,

bye

have a good one

Striper SniperX
11-24-2002, 12:39 AM
BTW. i'll be here <attachment below> is this the ideal place or should i move left or right? what way is Narrow-River Inlet when looking at the water from this are ? what Street is the closest to it? and how long of a walk from this area (in attachament) ??

If ya see me, come over and say 'hey' if ya want,, don't worry, i'm nice in person :) Just make sure ya mention your from the S-B.com forum ;) j/k Just look for my Giant Plano 3tray tan/brown tackle box ,and yellow jacket! , can't miss it ;)

Hope to see some of yas there,, and this time I WILL BE THERE, today was way to windy, 2morrow looks alot better ,, 10-15 mph winds ,, i can deal with that! ,, today the wind blew the canvas off my boat, lol,, maybe it's time i strap it down for the winter!!! :)

I'll have my clam rake so i'll be digging in the sandy areas if there is no bite ,, so maybe you can get a couple of quahogs or surf clams also!!! ;) lol- have a good one

wish me luck

thanks

Striper SniperX
11-24-2002, 12:47 AM
Okay, for some reason every time i put an attachment it never works on here anymore,, sorry,,

but in the picture was the CG house with the beach and all from www.mapquest.com (40 Ocean Rd.)

sorry if any of yas downloaded it and nothing happen,, i will have to fix that once again :)

I'll just give yas the link ,, It's a long one,, Belive it or not, heres the link,,,, hope it works,, if not, sorry once again

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?size=big&mapdata=EifUonSP7c3wg0Q6W%2fkjHC21ti9wVlHXWHatxNWa i4sxiuHCRzX%2bO1SMgInjoh0yRxC49TD0CgDIEYoGxkFw27Du wXXKyM9ZGtLu27zZTEdkDqEHnJBbnacZfaoN2tXvS%2b05XxuF OewQDFriAcaNQTmHwb56u2dMF8eDNc%2fmcPbDNMNUUy9iJOE7 Hy6L%2buD0RhUu0RK1rbM5sD%2bH87VhczvmO%2b9%2fijnkWG FsP%2bkEo4w9Vf4VHxWGEBrOpxj%2fIrbVbAlbNCpgJDMAJOfO endSN8dNTfOR%2bOo4fNXEO540d5GmrG7exaZUQwI87PMuOIGJ 9IpeYZxgbcRhszFmcUONNcFBldT8fCAfjgpL9L3uP9ZYQLEZHf RoRdn%2fk%2bFtyViU7tHKFiMO9JC%2bgol5kcZO55EtTJitMD ggKdiw%2b8vy8yrnx5F1aznrmGl6tJas7a7E%2f1ui7LpUxrb% 2b5FoEWJHcfHM7DT15L6ejyhTfPd07YdA%3d

If it don't work, sorry :( but if it does,,, should i stay in that area? or move to sandy areas ? thanks

FishTales
11-24-2002, 06:33 AM
All of it !! The fish are not in a designated area :eek: Walk down the beach ( fishing along the way ) to narrow river then fish the outlet . When U R done fish the beach again on the way out and if you are still want to fish walk to the CG house and fish from ther and if U still want to fish some more keep walking to the peir at the end of the wall , that should be more than enough for anyone . :as: As far as all these questions go , It is kinda like this =:wall: :wall: :wall: SO GET OUT AND FISH ALREADY !

Striper SniperX
11-24-2002, 08:32 AM
Fish-tales ^5 , i understand :) thanks!

I know they arent in one spot,lol, just wondering how far the inlet is
also

how long of a walk is narrow river from the CG house ? about?
And if i am standing facing the water at the CG house,,, what way is Narrow River? Left /right?

Leaving in about an hour and a half
wish me luck ;)

thanks!

SeaWolf
11-24-2002, 09:57 AM
one thing greenhorns do lot of is ask a lot of questions. old salts get sick of hearing all these questions and usually ignor them. kid, get out there and experience this stuff yourself and be your own teacher.

JohnR
11-24-2002, 10:14 AM
i am almost 16 an have been fishing A-LONG time I'm 34 and have been fishing off & on for about 16 of that and don't consider myself good yet. I've fished with guys with 20-40 years of hard surf experience under their belts and not only do I come away with a sense of awe & respect for them, I also realize that I'm only marginally competent.

My "37#er" is pretty meak in comparisson to a lot of people here - by no means a monster fish. You caught a 300# Mako? Well that's pretty cool & no I've never even chased them before, I prefer to find fish inshore myself.

I am not learning HOW to fish You should be learning to fish if you want to do what you keep saying - that you're getting into it "BIG" now or asking HOW to fish,, JUST ASKING ADVICE ,, just like you do sometimes yes, I do have the occasional question because I too want to get better - I spent time fishing with friends that know what they are doing and watched and learned and figured out more than a couple things on my own... if we all keep to our-selfs and don't teach eachother,, in the future, who will catch the fish?? Some lessens are given freely, some are earned, and most are self discovered. If someone really, really trys and learns something on their own over time, are they supposed to spill the beens for the greater good of all mankind in books or on the Internet? Why should someone that works hard at something time after time just cough it up?

I guess it all boils down to this. You show a tremendous desire to fish. You ask and read a lot on the subject. That's very encouraging. But just go fish, that's all - nothing derrogatory. Just fish. Take the simple route, toss a handfull of plugs in a bag, go down to the water, AND FISH! (emphasis, not yellin :rolleyes: :laughs: )

and like i said, ONLY ANSWER WHAT YOU CAN,,, and i holding a gaff up to you saying 'Answer and Read every little bit of my post!!!!" ?? Nope.... there for i am not forcing ya!
OK, my participation on your threads, as has that of many other people's particpation on your threads, is going to be severly reduced now. Seeing that I was one of the few remaining that did constantly reply, well...

JohnR
11-24-2002, 10:17 AM
Oh yeh - and don't post .BMP files (also known as bitmaps) - only use Optimized JPG or GIF files...

Thanks...

joeangler
11-24-2002, 12:40 PM
hey john which end of the rod is pointed to the water :D :D :D

Slipknot
11-24-2002, 03:34 PM
I'd swear we saw striper sniper today near that Coast Gaurd House as we headed north from Hazard Ave along Ocean Dr.

Jenn
11-24-2002, 04:31 PM
STARTED? you are mistaken,, i am almost 16 an have been fishing A-LONG time,, i have felt the power of a 300lb Mako 35 miles s/e Block Island,, you?

yeah well I have been fishing for 23 years if you want to get technical.......the problem with fishing for A REALLY LONG time like that????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .............most of it was following in my fathers steps.........did I know how to do things on my own??? NOPE! couldnt even tie a flipping knot myself...!!!!! so how many years have I been fishing with my own expertise????? just a handful really.....do I or any one else think you have been fishing a long time??? NO! and the fact is you havent......so stop typing and start reading....read the many archives of posts here.....99% of your questions shall be answered...so get to work. (oh and yes you do ask a lot of ??? for someone who isnt learning how to fish,,,,but already knows how to fish)

In fact...the only thing I DO know about fishing for sure is that unless you are "still learning" you arent truly a fisherman!

I know this guy who is 65 years old and was probably born with a largemouth in his hand.....those that pay attention to him while he is fishing are amazed by his ability,,,,,you know what ????? HE IS STILL LEARNING!!!!! and he will be the first to tell you that!

my point is that your questions often go over the egde of "help" and onto the platter of "pour all your best info on the table so I can run right out and catch big fish"....this is exactly why many here are annoyed by these questions.....so keep reading and learning by dont ask people to spill their guts about their hard learned lessons....PERIOD.

another thing.....I know this is a little direct....but its meant to be...because your just not getting it any other way......you are young....that is not why people are so hard on you....its because you are excessive in all that you do here.......its getting really old really fast (ans we would feel the same if you were 50) I know your going to try and tear me apart on this one....and I dont care....why???? because I will not respond again to this nonsense......any emails or pm's will be deleted without opening etc......in fact I wouldnt be suprised if John edits this just to keep the peace (hes VERY tolerant and I respect that ...but I dont know how he can do it):rolleyes:

last but not least it is in your best interest to listen to my advice .......to have a long time with this site is to be priveledged enough to have an instant group of great anglers and good caring decent people at your computer every day and to sometimes get the opportunity to fish with and learn a great deal from........for your sake I hope you dont screw that up..... and DONT "dis" any one whom is well liked around here......that will certainly get you know where fast (yes you have your right to whom you like and dislike...but keep it to your self)

so go figure out your own tide , go fishing, figure out the hard way that you had fished the wrong tide, threw the wrong plug , the fish were 20 yards from you and you missed them , etc etc etc..........repeat until your ready to kill someone for a fish.....and then when it finally happens and you have everything just so........tell me how you feel?????? and will YOU give all that info away to any tom #^&#^&#^&#^& or harry who asks????? I didnt think so (although you will most likely respond amd say "of course I would" )

good bye

Clammer
11-24-2002, 05:26 PM
JENN ===PMS????

the new boat is non-smoking [Cigrettes]
you & JohnR @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

:bo: :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo:

Team Rock On
11-24-2002, 05:36 PM
I'd swear we saw striper sniper today near that Coast Gaurd House as we headed north from Hazard Ave along Ocean Dr-------------------------------Which way was his rod pointing?

Slipknot
11-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Up in the air
:D
he was yaking with someone

JohnR
11-24-2002, 07:25 PM
in fact I wouldnt be suprised if John edits this just to keep the peace Nah - you go girl :laughs:

Joeangler - the SKINNY end goes towards the water

Clammer - no problem - still OK to lose some gas? http://www.striped-bass.com/images/new/fart.gif OK - that was childish of me, I'm sorry :laughs:

StarsnStripers
11-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Yea Striper sniper and I were fishing at the Coast gaurd house today.....We saw a few people and hollared out "S-B.com" or sotim to see if they looked....Nobody ended up looking except for a few old people that musta thought we were crazy...:p

We didn't get any fish but I may be able to go next Saturday....If anyone is there well probably be at the coast gaurd house......
Anyone know any good lures over there?/ There were tons of brown birds smashing head on into the water i guess for bait.....Some guy and his kid (who happened to have the same exact reel and line as I had) told me to look for the white seagulls and where they were heading....
I ended up spotting a small blitz but SSX and I were very careful over the rocks, and we didnt carelessly run over there, I was too smart for that, by the time we got there I figured it would be over, It only lasted for a few seconds, but piles of bait leaped into the air and a bunch of gulls rushed to the scene.....:eek:
Can't wait to go back!!!!
BTW, SSX had a pair of yellow plastic overall things and I had a yellow boat jacket if you saw us....:cool:

Skip N
11-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Hey StarsNStripers,

I think I saw you guys down at Narragansett beach at around noon time or so. I saw a couple young kids with yellow rain jacket type gear so it sounds like you guys! I fished that area for about 2 1/2 hours and got a nice 14lber and dropped another. I was the dude in his early 20's with brown waders, green jacket and had on a ski cap/ sun glasses on In case you saw me. Got my biggest of my short fishing career at Scarborogh beach later in the day. A nice 18lber:happy: I must have made 300 casts today to get those fish but it was worth it. Good luck with your fishing,

mrmacey
11-25-2002, 03:18 AM
couldnt help but see those guys was driving by cg house seen these two kids geared out to the max the fish were there a little far out beautiful beaches in RI i really liked that charlestown breachway never seen so many birds hitting the water that was awsome site heres a little peak at what was there

Slipknot
11-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Yea Striper sniper and I were fishing at the Coast gaurd house today.....
BTW, SSX had a pair of yellow plastic overall things and I had a yellow boat jacket if you saw us....:cool:

YEP, sorry we didn't beep.

mrmacey
11-25-2002, 08:22 AM
what you doin home we could be there today too!!!!!

StarsnStripers
11-25-2002, 06:07 PM
Skip N, What were u using to catch that 14 pounder near the CG house?? Was there a blitz or seagulls around, or was he just a wandering fish?? I'd like to know some productive lures to use down there..... Had no idea fish of that size were still around near shore, thought they were at those damn birds in the middle we couldn;t get to w/out a boat!!!!:af:
:happy:

Scotch Bonnet
11-25-2002, 06:25 PM
SnS, a 2oz Kastmaster is a good start when the fish are feeding on Peanut Bunker. They cast far and don't require too much action on the retrieve. Watch a school of Peanuts next time you see them, theres always one flashing on its side(looks like a Kastmaster).The Storm shads are also working well now. When they're in blitz mode, I think a well placed cast is more important than what you are thowing. When I used to fish that area, My goto lure when chasing the birds was a chrome Saltwater Rattletrap. Keep at it.

StarsnStripers
11-25-2002, 06:35 PM
The 2oz version is the one around this big? (below)

A bucktail or tube on it, or just plain??

Scotch Bonnet
11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
plain treble, I wouln't use the tube

Striper SniperX
11-26-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by mrmacey
couldnt help but see those guys was driving by cg house seen these two kids geared out to the max

Geared out 2 the max ?? Must of not been us...
i had all mine stuffed in a lil' Hiking back-pack
SnS had the Tackle bag.

Skip N ,, you sound very familar from how ya explained it. where you talking to some older dude near the wall/stairs at Narragansett beach?

Slip , "Yep, sorry we didn't beep" - Slip, Sure your sorry -
bet ya probably threw a rock at me,, lol j/k ;)

I have to be carefull, AND NICE in here from now on,, now that some of yas know what i look like and know where i fish,, i might end up, umm swimming--- with bluefish, j/k ;)

I bet you all are saying, "Pssst ,,Hey, Maybe he should go to Hazard/Newton, on an ICY day, when raining and High Surf , here SSX ,, ya can borrow my korkers" lol- j/k ;)

I had on a Yellow Coat, Black Ski-Cap, (took it off later on,tho) Rain Gear pvc Bib-Pants cause i was in the water with the green hiking back pack cause i was too lazy to carry the box

when we showed up there was 2 guys fishing the rocks at CG house, they said they where going to C-town after that...

Also seen 2 guys in a green Dodge ram 2500 w/ cap on the back and rod holders on the front around 1/2 ish? at the CG house rest , they kept looking at us,, think it was some one from here ??

Seen another guy in the surf at Narragansett when i was "wading" out, kept looking like they knew us , was an older guy with waders and old looking rod/reel ,, hmmm ;)

ALSO!!! seen some dude that came on the CG rocks and took a few cast, he helped pull my power pogy off a rock when the wind took a cast on me... (if that's one of you guys,, well , thanks!) :)

Your going again, SSX? cool, have fun -- i am going to C-town,, then Narragansett this weekend... maybe i'll see ya ;)

I took a few pictures .(have 24 left for this w/e) on a cheap $5.99 CVS camera, but i will ask for the Picture Disk when i get them..
will take a pic of my boat, cause i know yas think i'm BSin ;) j/k

Can't wait to get my boat in the water,, i know it needs paint,, that's about it tho- so that's about $200 for it, already have primer and all that,, so i will shovel drive-ways again this winter (made $60 in 2 hours last big snow-fall) looks like snow weds, hope it's enough ... :)
(i know no one cares,, ;) )

Have a good one!

Skip N
11-26-2002, 01:42 AM
SNS,

I was using a storm wildeye shad. It was the small shiner color ones that they make as opposed to the large bunker style ones. I've really just started to use them and have had good luck with schoolies and small blues on them. I never really fished plastics that much but after the two nice fish I got yesterday I think I am sold on them:D

Yes, I was talking to a coulpe guys down at the beach so It might have been me that you saw.

Striper SniperX
11-26-2002, 02:05 AM
i see

Well i was Wading in the water wearing all yellow (yellow rain pants) at first i just had on the bib pants and a blue shirt, then i got cold,, so i don't know

Ya, you were Leaning up against the wall holding your rod ?
If that was you, we were right there in the water about 30' from there.. ,, with the back pack & tackle bag sitting there on the beach ....

< bout 5'9'' ish,, 15 y/o if you see me next time, come over and say hi,, would be nice to meet anyone from here :)

see yas!