View Full Version : Tee Topps or Hard Top

striperswiper
11-24-2002, 07:52 PM
I am planning to install a Hard top on the boat this winter. Anyone have any experience doing this themselves??? I curently have a canvas enclosure that is getting a little old... Looking to add a something more permanent with grab bars and rod holders.
Just wondering if any of you boat owners have gone this route and can give me any advice.
Thanks

JohnR
11-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Tough call about doing it yourself - is the boat a center console? If so, you may want to find out who OEM's the tops for GW and get one of those. If it mounts to the console instead of the floor and the console is strudy enough, you could probably do it yourself. If it mounts to the floor - there could be a whole mess of problems best left up to those that do it for a living.

Do you trailer your boat or slip it?

striperswiper
11-25-2002, 10:49 AM
John,

The boat is a walk around cuddy, it will bolt right to the console. I can bend and tig weld the pipe. I plan on building a "jig" of the console and fabricating the top in the garage then bolt it to the conole after it is all welded together.. just have to find a supply of pipe...

striperswiper
11-25-2002, 02:13 PM
John,
I almost forgot, I kept the boat in warwick cove last summer, thinking of trailering it this upcoming season..

JohnR
11-25-2002, 02:44 PM
Well - if you can do that kind of thing, go for it :D ... Check out some of the local and online top fabricators for some inspiration then go for it...

Warwick Cove, eh? I live just a skip away from there over by Rocky Point... Occasional fish there too ;)

striperswiper
11-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Thanks John,
Maybe we'll meet out there some time...;)

Clammer
11-25-2002, 09:20 PM
S/S glass it/
been doing warwick cove for 30 years,
@#$%^&^%$#@% fishing

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

striperswiper
11-26-2002, 08:29 AM
Clamdigger,
I was thinking of glass or epoxy for the actual top, thats the easy part. Do you know anywhere to get the pipe?

Clammer
11-26-2002, 09:57 PM
I,M getting a c/c without the windsheild & railing then having it customized with windows and glassed to the exising c/c
we just call them a hard dodger////////////////

Fishpart
11-27-2002, 06:10 AM
striperswiper, did you try General SUpply in New Bedford for tubing?

striperswiper
11-27-2002, 07:43 AM
Thanks Fishpart, I'll check them out.

19Mako
11-27-2002, 09:11 AM
http://www.marinehardwarefabric.com/bo

http://www.atlantictowers.com/news.htmat-t-tops.html

check these out

Anthony