View Full Version : NOT ME ><><>

Clammer
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
F #$%^&*()Surfcaster 's

But I gotta give them credit // killin all these f $%^&*( blues >>>>>>>>>>>> &&&&&&&&&&before ya even %$%$%$%$ing start //I never fished or caught any /nor kill any ;;

Buy I still have to say:thanks: to the shore crew that soooooooooooooooooooooo gracefully killed all these f#$%^&*( blues .,.,.:wave:

BigFish
10-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Waste.:huh:

redcrbbr
10-06-2008, 04:55 AM
time to get the smoker cranked up

Plum Crazy
10-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Wish it was me:fishin:

fishaholic18
10-06-2008, 05:38 AM
:gorez:

Slipknot
10-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Waste.:huh:

no, not waste
sold

Raven
10-06-2008, 07:32 AM
to congress:nopain:

riverrat55
10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I hope they sold them or at least took them home and ate them!!!
PETA loves these kind of stories!!!

Raven
10-06-2008, 11:25 AM
about PETA

but they also want Ben and Jerry's Ice-Cream
to be made from breast milk too.. :rolleyes:

Slipknot
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
PETA loves these kind of stories!!!

what kind of stories?

one guy took all of them to sell, what does that group you mentioned have to do with any of this

2na
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
The commercial season for bluefish closed in September when the quota was reached. Hope they have a smoker, but some people like them the way they are.

Slipknot
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
The commercial season for bluefish closed in September when the quota was reached. Hope they have a smoker, but some people like them the way they are.

nobody said it was in Mass.

MarshCappa
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
F #$%^&*()Surfcaster 's

But I gotta give them credit // killin all these f $%^&*( blues >>>>>>>>>>>> &&&&&&&&&&before ya even %$%$%$%$ing start //I never fished or caught any /nor kill any ;;

Buy I still have to say:thanks: to the shore crew that soooooooooooooooooooooo gracefully killed all these f#$%^&*( blues .,.,.:wave:

Clam you kill me with how much you hate the blue:biglaugh:!!! I had a blast this weekend catching them on live pogie in Dux bay. I took a couple to my local B&T guy who likes to eat them.

MarshCappa
10-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Just curious on the commercial process for Blues. Do they sell them as filets in fish markets(I've never seen them)?

RIJIMMY
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Just curious on the commercial process for Blues. Do they sell them as filets in fish markets(I've never seen them)?

I've seen them whole in Chinatown markets, for around $3.50 a pound!

2na
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Gilled & gutted to the wholesalers. Thanks for the correction Bruce - I wonder if the RI/CT/NY quota was filled. MaddMatt was unhappy.

fishbones
10-06-2008, 01:57 PM

They had bluefish fillets for sale at $5.99/lb at Shaws in Easton earlier this summer. I also saw striper for $17.99/lb at Roache Bros. in Bridgewater this summer.

EarnedStripes44
10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
they sell bluefish fillets in whole foods. $6.99/#. Its the cheapest fish in there. The striper is closer $22/#

Nebe
10-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I think you can burn them in a wood burning stove....think of the savings! :nailem:

BigFish
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I could be wrong but I think you guys are missing the point of the thread....those blues look discarded!! As if someone caught them and simply left them high and dry?? Maybe you don't care about the blues but how about the fact that it makes a hell of a mess on the beach!!?!?!?

Pete F.
10-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I could be wrong but I think you guys are missing the point of the thread....those blues look discarded!! As if someone caught them and simply left them high and dry?? Maybe you don't care about the blues but how about the fact that it makes a hell of a mess on the beach!!?!?!?
All picked up, nice and neat.
You need to pile them in one place before you can pick them up.

BigFish
10-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I got the impression from Clammer that he came upon these fish piled up there with no owner present?? As I said I could be mistaken??

Fufighter
10-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Bluefish at the Fulton Fish Market in New York doesn sell bluefish, dressed or filet. they only sell it whole. The market for whole bluefish is $1.25 per pound. Any buyer or fishermen would plainly see that the bluefish was not stored properly after being caught and nobody would buy it. Catching bluefish and leaving it on the beach like that is irresponsible. Unless he was selling it directly to a restaurant or local fish market, that would be his only choice. I couldn't see someone selling fish that stayed on the beach for a few hours without ice..
But that's an honest fisherman's/Chef opinion.

Gloucester2
10-06-2008, 04:11 PM
They look "wet" - ie pretty fresh to me . . . I bet they did not go to waste :angel:

I'm sure Mike will fill in the details :wave:

Slingah
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Bluefish at the Fulton Fish Market in New York doesn sell bluefish, dressed or filet. they only sell it whole. The market for whole bluefish is $1.25 per pound. Any buyer or fishermen would plainly see that the bluefish was not stored properly after being caught and nobody would buy it. Catching bluefish and leaving it on the beach like that is irresponsible. Unless he was selling it directly to a restaurant or local fish market, that would be his only choice. I couldn't see someone selling fish that stayed on the beach for a few hours without ice..
But that's an honest fisherman's/Chef opinion.

maybe he was gonna smoke it....or make pate' out of it...for his own table...

Clammer
10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Here is the truth ;;

there were/are abouch of guys from S.B & SOL @ at plug thing in Charleston ;;A few guys have places to stay .so guys were invited back if they chose to do so ;;
Slip & Dave said they were going back to the condo & fish ;; A short time later ChrisL & myself went there to continue B/Sing @ Benzy,s condo & vic,s condo .. the fish were there but not yet stupid fishing ;;Chris myself & Tom,s brother stayed on the deck & watched ; It just kept getting Better // there were some cell calls made & more fisherpeople came . If I looked to the left I could see 12 guys & from in front of me to the west ..I couldn,t count how many guys & trucks were on the beach & they all were hooking up . a few schoolies mixed in .But I didn,t fish cuz I figured I had a very slim chance of getting a Bass ;;So I watched / they all had a ball & Bobby has a RI license for bluefish /Which IS open / with no daily limit & these fish were washed & iced down after the frenzy ;
News to me /was when I sold a few as bycatch a couple of years ago.. the dealer would only take them if they WEREN,t gutted /which was news to me ;;;

If was great seeing & laughing with everyone & again thanks for the slaughter :lm:

I got a couple of good size schoolies on my stops back home ;;:hidin:

riverrat55
10-08-2008, 06:27 AM
PETA will EXPLOIT any PHOTO or STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefishingfreak
10-08-2008, 06:34 AM
OMG people it's a fishing website with a picture of dead fish.. Ohh-Nooo.
thats not even 2 guys LEGAL limit there.:rolleyes:

fishaholic18
10-08-2008, 06:37 AM

RI Comm. Rules
Bluefish
MINIMUM SIZE: No minimum
SEASON: January 1 - June 30 and July 1 - Dec. 31
TRIP LIMIT: Unlimited

BigFish
10-08-2008, 06:40 AM
It was my misunderstanding. My impression was they were simply caught and left high and dry to rot.....not the case. No problem here with selling them...I just don't like needless waste is all.:btu:

ThrowingTimber
10-10-2008, 07:17 AM

They werent discarded they went to market after they were rinsed. :)

BigFish
10-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Again....as I said 2 other times.....my misunderstanding.

Clammer
10-10-2008, 08:05 AM
B/F >>T/T can,t read or understand this week ><><:deadhorse:

animal
10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Funny %$%$%$%$e Mike.My pc crashed after I downloaded the pix,but before I could upload them online.so,all gone.It came out to be 338 lbs,in 3 big igloos.$167 all legal like.
Larry,the reason they were piled up is because we had between 25- 40 guys/gals fishing,and I couldn't keep up with them all.First time ever,I put down the rod and grabbed the camera.I guess I won't do that again since I lost the pix anyways.
I'd quit my job and kill blues every day,if only I could get an army of surfcasters to do the heavy lifting.:smash:

BigFish
10-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Its all good Animal. I just misunderstood the reason behind Clammers post......just had a brain fart is all! I love catching blues!:btu:

animal
10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Yup,a plug-builders best friend.:jump: