View Full Version : Can Anyone Tell Me......

BigFish
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
When was the last time Ortiz hit a homerun???:huh:

Raider Ronnie
10-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I wonder if David has been on the juice :gf:

Mike P
10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I wonder if David has been on the juice :gf:

Couldn't be--George Mitchell gave him a clean bill of health--all of baseball's juicers were on other teams ;)

ProfessorM
10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
He definitely doesn't look the same this year. Wrist must be worse than he is letting on or just too much time missed to get in a groove. I will say one thing Jason Bay is awesome. I really like this guy, a lot. he crushed that ball last nite.

Raider Ronnie
10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
He definitely doesn't look the same this year. Wrist must be worse than he is letting on or just too much time missed to get in a groove. I will say one thing Jason Bay is awesome. I really like this guy, a lot. he crushed that ball last nite.

Jason Bay :kewl:
And NO Manny type of bull%$%$%$%$ to deal with !

EarnedStripes44
10-13-2008, 02:58 PM
This is the thing everyone has been thinking but no one wanted to say out loud. The cat is out of the bag.

BigFish
10-13-2008, 03:15 PM
So the question stands....when was his last home run? They sure could use his offense!

Clogston29
10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
is that about the same time frame as the last time Jason Veritek looked like a major leaguer at the plate, or Ellsberry hit something besides a soft popup to shallow right center?

striperman36
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
56 ab's without a 4 bagger

The Dad Fisherman
10-14-2008, 03:05 PM
is that about the same time frame as the last time Jason Veritek looked like a major leaguer at the plate, or Ellsberry hit something besides a soft popup to shallow right center?

Also about the same time Lowell's hip went south for the winter

Mike P
10-14-2008, 04:48 PM
is that about the same time frame as the last time Jason Veritek looked like a major leaguer at the plate

How many passed balls has he had so far in the post season?

But, he's a great handler of pitchers--I mean, just imagine how much more the Rays would have tattooed Beckett and Lester had Varitek not been the masterful pitch handler that he is :rotf2:

Clogston29
10-14-2008, 08:17 PM
he gets all the credit when they pitch good, none of the blame when they suck

i think they really have to think long and hard before resigning him for big money

BasicPatrick
10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
The thing about Ortiz that bothers me is that he is obviously not in good shape...if he was in shape I might not be as pissed about his poor performance.

Sucks to say it but our Sox are being outplayed by a better team right now. I know it hurts but the scoreboard is what counts.

Bigcat
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
He is done, big sluggers can lose it over night.
Now we can call him Big Pop up:rollem:
Hard to win when only 1/3 of the order is doing anything.

Mike P
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I'll be curious to see how much Boras wants for Tek to re-sign. His numbers have been pretty bad the last two years and he's got to be about the oldest starting catcher in baseball now.

There are no other catchers worth anything in the free agent market. Unless you think that "Slim" (off the juice) Rodriguez has anything left in the tank beyond what he showed for the Yankees. :doh: