View Full Version : I Was Glad.......

BigFish
10-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Francona gave Beckett 4 opportunities to cough the game up before he finally lifted him??!!!!:huh::cens::rollem:

Mike P
10-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Yup--5 seasons, 4 post-season appearances, and the only 2 WS rings in most people's lifetime. The guy really blows--bring back Johnny McNamara or Grady Little :rollem:

BigFish
10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Just saying he left him in too long Mike! Not bashing his entire career, all of his accomplishments or saying its time for a change!!:hs:

ProfessorM
10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Great game though

Mike P
10-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Just saying he left him in too long Mike! Not bashing his entire career, all of his accomplishments or saying its time for a change!!:hs:

Weren't you the guy calling him Fran-coma 4 years ago? ;)

BigFish
10-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Nope!:hs: Though I think he may have slipped into a Francoma last night!!

nightfighter
10-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Beckett looked white as a ghost on the bench during that endless fifth inning. And he didn't have that fire in his eyes. If it weren't the playoffs, they would probably shut him down... Although we won't hear until the season ends for the Sox, it will be interesting to know what is really ailing him right now.

I fell asleep in the tenth. But I woke up this morning to hear an announcer saying Timlin's name and knew it couldn't be good.....

Mike P
10-13-2008, 09:25 AM
You know---with all the crap that happened to the Sox this year--Papi injured and then a shell of himself, the whole Manny circus, Beckett obviously injured, losing the best post-season pitcher of the last 20 years for the season before it even started, Varitek hitting close to the Mendoza line all year, Buckholtz flopping, Wakefield being erratic as hell--Francona's done a hell of a job getting them where they are. :humpty:

Madden will probably get Manager of the Year, and deservedly so, but for my money Francona's earned a pass on a brain fart or two.

BigFish
10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I agree with all that, but this is the ALCS...its an entirely different season....and he did not have a brain fart or two.....he left him in when he let them tie it 2-2...ok that was a no brainer but then we take a 4-2 lead and they tie again and its obvious Beckett does not have the good stuff!!! So he leaves him in 4-4 and we go ahead again 5-4, 6-4....then they tie it again and still he leaves him in???!!!! Then he comes back out for the next inning and coughs up another double.....in comes Oki and he faces one batter and walks him and Francona is all done with Oki after only 1 batter???? Come on!!!:tm: