View Full Version : Ouch

JohnR
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Last night.

Sandy Eggo had their bleep together.

Raven
10-13-2008, 11:12 AM
while i try not to be a fair weather fan...

it kinda seems like........... the thrill is gone...:sleeps:

striperman36
10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I am watching game, I start thinking, is Ray Barry coaching again?
This like, deja vu.

ProfessorM
10-13-2008, 03:36 PM
That was ugly, defensively ugly. Matt C. is not the only problem this team has. Secondary is horrendous.

ProfessorM
10-13-2008, 05:12 PM
yup.TB makes you forget about a lot of stuff, especially how much we stink without him

Mike P
10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
I think the "is it Brady, or is it Belichick?" debate is being settled, once and for all ;)

Kraft may want to re-think the team's philosophy on letting the Milloys, Laws and Samuels walk instead of paying them.

The secondary is horrendous. Every good QB will exploit it. Indy seems to have hit its stride now and that game in 3 weeks could get ugly.

Slipknot
10-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Deltha O'Neal sucks

Matt Cassle is to slow getting the ball out, way too slow and his vision needs to widen

O-line is worse :hs:

why the D-line can't get pressure is a mystery to me

Denver next week:pats:

nightfighter
10-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Defense has been weak for couple years. But with Brady at the helm, offense could dominate time of possession, minimizing this problem. Opponents' defensive coordinators have opened up their attack, which they had not been able to do with Brady, as he could make them pay. At least he could before the games against San Diego and the Giants last year...... Those two games also exposed the offensive line. Brady's stats were particularly below par in the playoff vs. the Chargers.

So Brady's absence is the biggest difference, both in how his team plays better for him, and how he affects the mindset of defensive players playing across from him. DBs are amongst the weakest I've seen here in 15 years, allowing oponents to spread and expose the run D-line. And time of possession will kill us if offense can't maintain drives. Coaching staff should be more concerned with fixing the D for this year, and waiting for #12 to return next year.... I don't see this team even making the playoffs.

I appreciate the teams of past years even more, and keep telling my son how spoiled we have been.....

afterhours
10-14-2008, 06:24 AM
secondary has been scaring me for a while now.....time for moss to play db....these guys can't cover average wideouts....dom cappers has a weak talent base to work with.....gonna be a long year....

Raider Ronnie
10-14-2008, 04:56 PM
What happened to "In Bill we trust" ?
:rotflmao:

Mike P
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM

Without Brady, he's the guy who coached the Cleveland Browns ;)

I hope you folks appreciated all you had with him the last 7 seasons or so. From the first time I saw him throw a pass in a pre-season game I took my son to, I knew he was going to be something special. I remember telling my sister that "the kid" threw a much better ball than Bledsoe ever did, even on his best day.

The Dad Fisherman
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM
I hope you folks appreciated all you had with him the last 7 seasons or so.

Why are you using "Past Tense"? :crying:

Slipknot
10-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Ya, Brady and Belichick aren't done yet :huh:
it ain't over yet

I believe Randy will still be here next season when Brady is back, and by then we will get some DB's and maybe get younger legs scattered around the team.

The Dad Fisherman
10-15-2008, 07:41 AM

What happened to "In Mike Shanahan we Trust"....(Nah He Won't Work, never make it as an NFL Coach)

Maybe "In Art Shell we Trust" (Nope, He wasn't the answer)

How About "In Mike White we Trust" (Nah, Stilll nuthin)

OK, let's go with "In Joe Bugel we Trust" (:rotflmao:)

Next we could try "In John Gruden we Trust" (I mean he did win a Superbowl with the Raiders on the Field)

Another one could be "In Bill Callahan we Trust" (See Previous)

Then we have the "In Norv Turner we Trust" (Another Dynamic Choice, he'll get them Motivated)

Let's try "In Art Shell we Trust, Part Duex" (Nope, Still Drawing a Blank)

Youth, Thats what we need "In Lane Kiffin we Trust" (I guess youth wasn't the answer)

And now the answer, at least in the interim, is "In Tom Cable we Trust" (34-3, things don't seem to be looking up)

But Cheer Up.....you'll always have "In Al we Trust" for a while and he can right the ship :rolleyes:

Mike P
10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Why are you using "Past Tense"? :crying:

Because while offense wins games, defense wins championships. You'll always be a contender with Brady, but without a defense, you'll be the Colts until they added a defense.

That D has to be totally re-vamped. It was obvious that they ran out of gas down the stretch last year, starting with the Philly game, but Brady and the offense could always outscore the other guys, right up until the Super Bowl. Mayo's a good start, but he's one guy. Bruschi, Vrabel, Thomas, Harrison--all getting long in the tooth, all over 30. Bruschi and Harrison are 35. LB and safety are speed positions--closing speed for an ILB is crucial, especially in a 3-4 set, and safeties still need to cover, and it's obvious that Rodney has lost more than a step. Seymour isn't exactly a spring chicken, either. He's only 29 but he's played a lot of games. Ends take a lot more pounding in a 3-4 defense, where they often get double blocked, than they do in a 4-3.

Over on the offensive side--Faulk and Morris are both over 30, and that's old for a running back. And Maroney seems to be unusually injury-prone.

Mike P
10-15-2008, 01:50 PM
The play calling on that first and goal series Sunday nite was abysmal. Yeah,let's line up Faulk and Morris in the back field.They might think it's not a run :doh:

Even Madden remarked on it--whenever they line up Morris and Faulk in the I-formation, it's a run, not play-action :doh:

I'm wondering if that was what Belichick and McDaniels were jawing about at halftime?

Raider Ronnie
10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
What happened to "In Mike Shanahan we Trust"....(Nah He Won't Work, never make it as an NFL Coach)

Maybe "In Art Shell we Trust" (Nope, He wasn't the answer)

How About "In Mike White we Trust" (Nah, Stilll nuthin)

OK, let's go with "In Joe Bugel we Trust" (:rotflmao:)

Next we could try "In John Gruden we Trust" (I mean he did win a Superbowl with the Raiders on the Field)

Another one could be "In Bill Callahan we Trust" (See Previous)

Then we have the "In Norv Turner we Trust" (Another Dynamic Choice, he'll get them Motivated)

Let's try "In Art Shell we Trust, Part Duex" (Nope, Still Drawing a Blank)

Youth, Thats what we need "In Lane Kiffin we Trust" (I guess youth wasn't the answer)

And now the answer, at least in the interim, is "In Tom Cable we Trust" (34-3, things don't seem to be looking up)

But Cheer Up.....you'll always have "In Al we Trust" for a while and he can right the ship :rolleyes:

Ya, all those coaching changes and loosing like they have the past years and you will NEVER see me jump off my Raider bandwagen !
Unlike lots of you so called Pats "diehard" fans !
More like frauds !!!

The Dad Fisherman
10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Who's Jumpin' I still root for them every Sunday....even did during the Rod Rust - #^&#^&#^&#^& Macpherson years.

Christ I sat in the rain once and watched a Scab game at Sullivan Stadium years ago. can you say Larry Linne?