View Full Version : manly menssss

stiff tip
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
thats what it would take to fish cape cod inside beaches today !!!!!!! so thats what me and the dog did???? got the call a 7am this morn, u know the one ,it starts like u should have been there last night sooo ...i got to the p-lot at 9am today ..wind hollin @ 25 to 30 nw i can here the surf . but wtf . yahoo here we go .. as i round the hill and c the sea its 6fters for 300 yds and all white water w/ the tide going out ....wow fish from a rock jetty no nothing water is dirty and to ruff to fish ,wind is coming hard, casting is tuff no let up in the winds ,big bow in line but i stay for 1 1/2 hrs it sucked, fished medal n poppers ... dog comes up and tell me, its nuts 2b here n he's going home, had to leave ,dog was driven ....

stiff tip
10-22-2008, 05:03 PM
went to the canal for a peak at 300pm. started at halfway gate ,wind blowing right dwn the shoot at about 30mph. un fishable on my side .one guy at the cribbin .no nothing .i dont know .. any good/bad advice

Slipknot
10-22-2008, 05:05 PM
good choice on letting the dog drive :kewl:

NIB
10-22-2008, 07:15 PM
There is no such thing as inclement weather..
Just Timid Souls..

Mike P
10-22-2008, 07:50 PM
went to the canal for a peak at 300pm. started at halfway gate ,wind blowing right dwn the shoot at about 30mph. un fishable on my side .one guy at the cribbin .no nothing .i dont know .. any good/bad advice

Stay off the S-bends in the middle. NE or SW is a dead cross wind. Tough to jig if you can't feel the bottom.

Capeside in general is also tough in a strong NE.

Even the area around pole 85 mainland side was tough to jig with the NE on the weekend. Doable, but tough.

I'd stay outside of the bridges on the mainland side. Probably a little less windy west of the Bourne. Some of the boys did OK around the old Leper hangout on Sunday, I hear.

It's about 38 right now, with a cold rain falling, and blowing 25-30 NE. I don't mind admitting being a Timid Soul tonight :humpty:

stiff tip
10-23-2008, 04:41 AM
the old leper hangout ??? that would b behine playland or now its the post office i think its pole 345 to 350

Crafty Angler
10-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Fished the Drive last night and had a 30 MPH tailwind at dusk - without even laying into it I nearly spooled myself on every cast with a Habs canal-style pencil popper.

If I'd gotten a fish at the end of that cast I would've been porked :hs:

Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to find out :af:

Yeah, this is the stuff that separates the men from the boys - I was the only living soul on the rocks, the only other thing around on the rocks was a lotta sea-gull poo - from what I heard, it was pretty active earlier, as evidenced by the guano..

I'm thinking the seals we've been seeing around here lately - kinda early for 'em - have more than a little to do with it too.

Seals, goddam 'em - the other white meat :nailem::nailem::nailem:

ProfessorM
10-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Steal flaps boat for not inviting you the other nite and hit the south side estuaries maybe? I am going to go out in the tin boat on Fri. morn. still undecide if I head to B. or go to the furthest western coast border part of Ma.. Coin flip maybe

Swimmer
10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I fished the ditch till about noontime getting nothing but numb hands and a wet face. I was going to leave because I was starting to lose the bottom after the tide turned when I lost the jig I was throwing and called it quits then. One other guy to my right fished for about 1/2 hour and stopped when he couldn't unsnarl his convench and a guy to my left who is always baitfishing was there before I arrived and after I left catching nothing. I am becomign addicted to bouncing a jig along the bottom of that waterway. The egret watched over us all. The bird must have been bored too, it nerver flew across the canal.

Mike P
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
the old leper hangout ??? that would b behine playland or now its the post office i think its pole 345 to 350

That's the place. Can't drive in any more, tho. Boulders across the trail. It became a hobo camp over the summer. Locals complained, access cut off for everyone---easier than rousting the homeless people camping there :doh: