View Full Version : Why I Won't Vote For OBAMA

LT. DAN 2
10-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Why a Christian Can Not Vote for Obama

The below was written by Huntley Brown and I agree with many parts (but not all) of his point of view.......and yes Spence I am affected by some subjects I read especially in the religious realm..

Huntley Brown is a fabulous concert pianist, man of God and is a black man.

Why I Can't Vote For Obama

By Huntley Brown

Dear Friends,

First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.

Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness.

I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms He does because He is the leader.

I can't vote black because I am black, I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won't be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few, wrong economic concerns will soon not matter.

We need to follow Martin Luther King's words, don't judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don't know Obama so all I can go off is his voting record.

His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in the US Senate in 2007.

NATIONAL JOURNAL: Obama: Most Liberal Senator in 2007 (01/31/2008)

To beat Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes some doing. Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would happen to America if he had four years to work with.

There is a reason Planned Parenthood gives him a 100 % rating.

There is a reason the homosexual community supports him.

There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc. love him.

There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the Supreme Court.

There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill.

There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.

There is a reason he voted No on banning partial birth abortion.

There is a reason he voted No on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito. These two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue.

Let's take a look at the practice he wanted to continue.

THE 5 STEP PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION PROCEDURE

A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the (live) baby's leg with forceps.

B. The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.

C. The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.

D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole.

E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed. God help him.

There is a reason Obama opposed the parental notification law.

Think about this: you can't give a kid an aspirin without parental notification but that same kid can have an abortion without parental notification. This is insane.

There is a reason he went to Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years.

Obama tells us he has good judgment but he sat under Jeremiah Wright teaching for 20 years. Now he is condemning Wright's sermons. I wonder why now?

Obama said Jeremiah Wright led him to the Lord and discipled him. A disciple is one in training. Jesus told us in Matthew 28:19 - 20 'Go and make disciples of all nations.' This means reproduce yourself. Teach people to think like you, walk like you, talk like you believe what you believe etc. The question I have is what did Jeremiah Wright teach him?

Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a:

1. Commitment to the White Community

2. Commitment to the White Family

3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic

4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community.

5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions

6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System

7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

Would you support a President who went to a church like that?

Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside.

This kind of church is a racist church. Obama did not wake up after 20 years and just discovered he went to a racist church. The church can't be about race. Jesus did not come for any particular race. He came for the whole world.

A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if it's a white church or a black church it's still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.

Obama's former Pastor Jeremiah Wright is a disciple of liberal theologian James Cone, author of the 1970 book A Black Theology of Liberation. Cone once wrote: 'Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him.

Cone is the man Obama's mentor looks up to. Does Obama believe this?

So what does all this mean for the nation?

In the past when the Lord brought someone with the beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing - judgment.

Read 1 Samuel 8 when Israel asked for a king.

First God says in 1 Samuel 1:9 'Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do.'

Then God says

1 Samuel 1:18 ' When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.' 19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. 'No!' they said. 'We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.' 21 When Samuel heard all that the

People said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, 'Listen to them and give them a king.'

Here is what we know for sure.

God is not schizophrenic

He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and one to vote for McCain. As the scripture says, a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many people are not hearing from God.

Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it.

For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look God in the face and say; Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion. He might have to nominate three or four Supreme Court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you. I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy.

I could not see Jesus agreeing with many of Obama's positions. Finally I have two questions for all my liberal friends.

Since we know someone's value system has to be placed on the nation,

1. Whose value system should be placed on the nation?

2. Who should determine that this is the right value system for the nation?

Blessings,

Huntley Brown

zacs
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
:doh:

Nebe
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
:rotflmao:

likwid
10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Why can't someone from a red state post this? I mean c'mon. Just give up already.

stripersnipr
10-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Be prepared to be laughed at and called a racist by His followers, Dan. If you keep it up you can expect far worse.

Nebe
10-22-2008, 06:37 PM
no... I laugh because dan needs to THINK FOR HIMSELF!!!! It seems many can not do this..

The Dad Fisherman
10-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Its OK to Not vote for Obama and NOT be called a racist ....and its OK to vote for Obama and STILL be called a Christian.

Race and religion shouldn't come into play.....

spence
10-22-2008, 07:10 PM
The below was written by Huntley Brown and I agree with many parts (but not all) of his point of view.......and yes Spence I am affected by some subjects I read especially in the religious realm..

It's an interesting opinion, though he could stand to be a little better informed on some issues.

But the last time I checked, Barak Obama was a Christian himself. Does this mean that Barak can't even cast a ballot in his own name? I think a more apt title might be, "why a social conservative Christian can not vote for Obama."

I'm not going to expect a social conservative to rationalize a vote on abortion issues for instance, but all things considered, I'd wager good money that Jesus would be radical Liberal by todays standards. He certianly was by the standards 2000 years ago.

-spence

rhahn427
10-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow ........ so someone will vote for McCain ...........

Nebe
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
jesus was a democrat.. the romans were republicans.

mekcotuit
10-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Its OK to Not vote for Obama and NOT be called a racist ....and its OK to vote for Obama and STILL be called a Christian.

Race and religion shouldn't come into play.....

:agree: very well put!

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Note: I am not religious at ALL.

However, my sister is a devout Christian and she cannot in good conscience vote for anyone that supports abortion. She believes that is 100% against the teachings of her church.

For most Americans, religion, particularly Catholics in America, choose what to follow and believe in as oppsoed to following church law. there is no "choice" you do or you dont.

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
hmm
http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_secrecy/2008/10/22/143157.html

RIROCKHOUND
10-23-2008, 09:17 AM

However, my sister is a devout Christian and she cannot in good conscience vote for anyone that supports abortion. She believes that is 100% against the teachings of her church.

For most Americans, religion, particularly Catholics in America, choose what to follow and believe in as oppsoed to following church law. there is no "choice" you do or you dont.

Thats where there should be a choice;
It is too often all or nothing with religious beliefs.
It is not my thing, but if you want to believe in God, go for it. BUT when it closes your minds, and doesn't give you the flexibility to make decisions on what to believe, I have issues.

Nebe
10-23-2008, 09:22 AM

Your sister has her head in the sand.

BigFish
10-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Abortion does not affect my wallet, how I pay my bills, earn a living, how much we pay in taxes, cost of food, home heating oil, gasoline!!! I could give a rats a$$ about a candidates abortion beliefs!! I am pro choice on that....it should be up to the individual and her circumstances......not some politician who has better things to do and more important things to worry about!!!

Bronko
10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Wow... this post ruffled the moonbats.:musc:

likwid
10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/lazergunpewpew/house_religion.jpg

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM

I am a Catholic and a Member of the Knights of Columbus........I also realize that God gave me a brain for a reason.....and that is to think and make my OWN Decisions....whether they be good or bad. (and trust me, I've made some bad ones in my life)

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 09:54 AM
I am a Catholic and a Member of the Knights of Columbus........I also realize that God gave me a brain for a reason.....and that is to think and make my OWN Decisions....whether they be good or bad. (and trust me, I've made some bad ones in my life)

Dad and Nebe, God is one thing, religion is another.
There is no menu on the Catholic religion. Its all or nothing, not my laws, its the Catholics. I went to catholic school since I was 2nd grade and catholic high school. I do not follow their religion now. However, the law is law.
Not for me to judge, how can you be a catholic and not believe what a catholic is? American catholics like to think they have choice, but thats not the case, its black and white.

Vatican City (LifeNews.com) -- The Catholic Church has produced a new document for bishops across the world to examine that says Catholics who support legalized abortion should refrain from taking communion because they are out of step with church teachings.
The Vatican said pro-abortion Catholics are not taking their faith seriously and those who take communion and support abortion are behaving in a scandalous manner.

"Some receive communion while denying the teachings of the Church or publicly supporting immoral choices in life, such as abortion, without thinking that they are committing an act of grave personal dishonesty and causing scandal," the document says.

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Abortion does not affect my wallet, how I pay my bills, earn a living, how much we pay in taxes, cost of food, home heating oil, gasoline!!! I could give a rats a$$ about a candidates abortion beliefs!! I am pro choice on that....it should be up to the individual and her circumstances......not some politician who has better things to do and more important things to worry about!!!

I agree 100%

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 09:58 AM
no choice -

Under Vatican ruling, abortion triggers automatic excommunication
By JOHN L. ALLEN JR.
Rome

Under a 1988 Vatican ruling, “abortion” is defined as any method used to terminate a pregnancy from the moment of conception. Abortion thus understood is always illicit, according to the official discipline of the Catholic church, and can trigger excommunication for the parties involved.

The church’s condemnation of abortion includes not only interventions to remove a fetus before birth, but the use of all abortifacients, including intrauterine devices and certain types of birth control pills that prevent implantation or stimulate uterine contractions to reject a fertilized egg. It also encompasses drugs such as RU486, called the abortion pill, which provokes miscarriages by blocking progesterone in the first weeks of pregnancy.

This expansive standard is expressed in a May 23, 1988, ruling from the Pontifical Council for the Interpretation of Legislative Texts, the Vatican office charged with authoritative interpretations of canon law. The council was responding to a dubium, or request for clarification, from a bishop on canon 1398, which stipulates excommunication as the penalty for abortion.

The ban on abortion, in the sense of the deliberate termination of a pregnancy, is absolute.

So Nebe, although my sister may have her head in the sand. She is following the ruling of her church, something many people choose not to do. Its a personal choice for her, and one I respect.

scottw
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Obama is a resume Christian... he joined Wright's church to establish a voting block in his district and he was probably amused by the hateful rantings that agreed with his world view...I'm guessing he subscribes more to the "religeon is the opiate of the masses" school... .

I've decided to vote Obama...

I run my own small business and have a wife and three kids...

if Obama is elected I wont have to pay for health insurance anymore...it will be free and outstanding....

I will be getting a tax cut along with 95% of everyone except the disgusting top 5%...hopefully it occurs faster than Clinton's middle-class tax cut....still waiting....

my 3 children are going to go to college for free if Obama is elected so I can stop saving for that future expense.....

Obama will have Bill Ayers improve the public schools so that I can stop paying for my kids to go to private school...I will save a bundle there...

I expect to get a check for retroactive reimbursement for universal daycare and pre-K....retroactive to when Obama first proposed it 20 months ago....in a country as rich as America noone should have to pay for the care of their own children......

Obama will save and increase Social Security along with saving the world so I no longer need to save for my retirement....

I'm cutting back my hours from 7 days a week for countless years now to 4 days a week like they do in France...I can use the other three days to go to my State Capitol or Washington to protest and picket the government over my dissatisfaction of promised government services...like they do in Europe

I'm reducing my income to just enough to pay my mortgage and I might even stop paying that to see if the government will bail me out....noone should lose their house...

reducing my income should make me eligible for all kinds of government subsidies...food stamps-my kids should be eating right....fuel oil and electricity bill assistance....I'm sure there's much more to be found once I figure out the "SYSTEM"

I want Obama to raise the death tax to 99%...noone should be allowed to accumulate wealth while there are some people that have none...the 1% that you get to keep is for burial expenses...Adios

VOTE OBAMA...SUPPORT THE NEW AMERICAN DREAM !!!!

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
All religions tell you how it should be....Nobody follows it to the letter. Nobody

I never said I was a Good Catholic :hihi:

and I bet if I went to my Priest and said I voted for somebody that supported abortion and wanted to be excommunicated.....he'd try his best to talk me out of it.

Nebe
10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
There is no santa claus.

BigFish
10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
ScottW....you think Obama is going to cut taxes??? In this economy???!!! We just upped the national debt. by a trillion dollars the past month....who is going to pay that??? When Obama says he is going to cut taxes....thats what you call a a"campaign promise".......it amounts to a hill of bull caca! You are not going to see any tax cuts mark my words.....what you will see is more taxes and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise!:smash:

Flaptail
10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Seperation of church and state, isn't that called for in our constitution?

The Christian fundamentalist movement is a business, a money making machine, Creflo Dollar (I just luv that name) preaches that through his ministry and being born again it wil bring your prosperity thriough Christ in the form of spiritual healing and manifest itself into personal wealth meaning money and material things. It sure has worked for him, he lives in a multi million dollar home(s) and drives a couple Rolls-Royces, 1000 dollar suits and 12000 dollar watches.

Praise Jesus Y'all!!!!!'

If this country, as Jerry Falwell wanted is someday under the control of Born again Christian Fundamentalists then kiss free thought goodbye, kiss privacy and free speech goodbye, independent thought in based on scinece fact rather than religious science fiction.

If that happens I ahope I am either dead or able to leave, in sadness, what was once this great nation.

Christian fundamentalist takeover of the goverment is equal to what Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida wnat for Saudi Arabia, Afgahnistan and other middle east countries.

The bible, though it has some good lessons on a few things is for the most part a fable, deived from some ancient text and perverted into what ever was needed and however it could be said to control large parts of a mostly uneducated population in the middle ages and since it worked then is still mostly unchanged since.

Feed then to the lions while it is not to late.

I know God, and this isn't the way he planned it.

Nebe
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
If this country, as Jerry Falwell wanted is someday under the control of Born again Christian Fundamentalists then kiss free thought goodbye, kiss privacy and free speech goodbye, independent thought in based on scinece fact rather than religious science fiction.

Flap, what do you mean 'IF'? It is.

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Obama probably wont need your vote, blacks are coming out in record numbers. In Tennessee's Shelby county where voting has already begun, there predicting 85% voter turnout among the brothers. What will we do now, the little people are actually participating in the political process and Bush used all the wild cards in 2000.

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Creflo Dolla-Dolla-Bill-Yall also has a helicopter and its painted gold. You should see the way that Atlanta smog parts as he descends from the heavens.

UserRemoved1
10-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Please let me be the one to throw the rock that breaks the bubble your living in. If it hits you by accident very sorry but with free health care you have no worries :rotf3:

OMFG I hope this is a joke :hs:

Obama is a resume Christian... he joined Wright's church to establish a voting block in his district and he was probably amused by the hateful rantings that agreed with his world view...I'm guessing he subscribes more to the "religeon is the opiate of the masses" school... .

I've decided to vote Obama...

I run my own small business and have a wife and three kids...

if Obama is elected I wont have to pay for health insurance anymore...it will be free and outstanding....

I will be getting a tax cut along with 95% of everyone except the disgusting top 5%...hopefully it occurs faster than Clinton's middle-class tax cut....still waiting....

my 3 children are going to go to college for free if Obama is elected so I can stop saving for that future expense.....

Obama will have Bill Ayers improve the public schools so that I can stop paying for my kids to go to private school...I will save a bundle there...

I expect to get a check for retroactive reimbursement for universal daycare and pre-K....retroactive to when Obama first proposed it 20 months ago....in a country as rich as America noone should have to pay for the care of their own children......

Obama will save and increase Social Security along with saving the world so I no longer need to save for my retirement....

I'm cutting back my hours from 7 days a week for countless years now to 4 days a week like they do in France...I can use the other three days to go to my State Capitol or Washington to protest and picket the government over my dissatisfaction of promised government services...like they do in Europe

I'm reducing my income to just enough to pay my mortgage and I might even stop paying that to see if the government will bail me out....noone should lose their house...

reducing my income should make me eligible for all kinds of government subsidies...food stamps-my kids should be eating right....fuel oil and electricity bill assistance....I'm sure there's much more to be found once I figure out the "SYSTEM"

I want Obama to raise the death tax to 99%...noone should be allowed to accumulate wealth while there are some people that have none...the 1% that you get to keep is for burial expenses...Adios

VOTE OBAMA...SUPPORT THE NEW AMERICAN DREAM !!!!

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm...I hope

scottw
10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=Flaptail;631389]Seperation of church and state, isn't that called for in our constitution?

Really? can you show me exactly where this is stated in the Constitution? ...just wondering....

RIROCKHOUND
10-23-2008, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Flaptail;631389]Seperation of church and state, isn't that called for in our constitution?

Really? can you show me exactly where this is stated in the Constitution? ...just wondering....
From Wikipedia (I know, but I dont have time to dig up a 'real' source)

So if it isn't in the consitution, it doesn't matter???
I agree Flap, while the 'Religious Right Moonbats' have a scary amount of increasing influence, if we ever get to that point, it will be a scary scary world. Like stepping back 50 years....

"Separation of church and state is a political and legal doctrine that government and religious institutions are to be kept separate and independent from each other.The term most often refers to the combination of two principles: secularity of government and freedom of religious exercise

The phrase separation of church and state is generally traced to the letter written by Thomas Jefferson in 1802 to the Danbury Baptists, in which he referred to the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as creating a "wall of separation" between church and state. The phrase was then quoted by the United States Supreme Court first in 1878, and then in a series of cases starting in 1948. This led to increased popular and political discussion of the concept."

scottw
10-23-2008, 11:47 AM
ScottW....you think Obama is going to cut taxes??? In this economy???!!! yourself if you think otherwise!:smash:

he said he is .....95%....why shouldn't I believe him, he's the messiah, I saw the little maoist children singing in the you tube video about how he's going to CHANGE the world....this guy is amazing...just ask him....or Biden if you can locate him.....I'm just falling in line with the rest of the head nodders that think a bigger government, higher taxation and wealth distribution can cure all of society's ills...Socialism is the wave of the future, look around the world....Socialism is on the march....South and Central America...Europe is always leaning Marxist, Russia wants to relive the glory days...Chavez is eyeing Cuba.....get on board baby....you've heard Obama rave over China's "PROGRESS"(forgetting that half of their population is starving) ....just look Europe, it's an economic powerhouse on a par with...well...Rhode Island....although....I think just about any place in Europe would happily trade unemployment rates with RI (highest in the nation)... I haven't seen anything in the mainstream media that would indicate to me that this guy wouldn't be our greatest president in history, MY LEG IS TINGLING.....HE'S THE ONE !!!!!

scottw
10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;631416][QUOTE=scottw;631412]
From Wikipedia (I know, but I dont have time to dig up a 'real' source)

"THE REAL SOURCE"...LIKE THE ACTUAL CONSTITUTION???? HAAAAA

not good enough I'm afraid...not in the Constitution

In 1801 the Danbury Baptist Association of Danbury Connecticut had heard a rumor that the Congregationalist Denomination was about to become the established religion of the United States. Being concerned, as they should be, they wrote a letter to then President Thomas Jefferson on October 7th 1801.

On January 1st, 1802 Jefferson replied in a letter, which contained the following statement:

“American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and State”.

This letter is where the misrepresented idea of separation of church came from.

1811 – People vs. Ruggles

The Supreme Court Stated:

“Whatever strikes at the root of Christianity tends to manifestly to the dissolution of civil government.”

In 1853 a group filed a suit that actually wanted “Separation of Church and State”. The Case never made it to the Supreme Court.

On March 27, 1854 The House Judiciary Committee Stated:

“Had the people during the revolution had any suspicion of any attempt to war against Christianity, the revolution would have been strangled in its cradle.”

The Committee Continued…

“At the time of the adoption of the constitution and the amendments, the universal sentiment was the Christianity should be encouraged, but not any one sect.”

Also, it stated…

“In this age, there can be no substitute for Christianity. That was the religion of the founders of the Republic and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants.”

Furthermore…

“The great vital and conservative element of our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and the divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.” 1878 – Reynolds vs. United States

*****In this case the Supreme Court used Thomas Jefferson’s letter in its entirety. The letter was actually used to ensure Christian principals were kept in government.

this is fun....

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Bush & Paulson are socializing the banking industry as we speak....(I know, here we go again with the Bush bashing)...or rather he has masked nepotism under the guise of socialism i.e. taxpayer dollars to CEO fraternity brethren.

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 12:15 PM
m*****f***** Bush, only Bush I like are the trimmed ones I'm throwing dollars at in King Arthurs!!!

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Seperation of church and state, isn't that called for in our constitution?

The Christian fundamentalist movement is a business, a money making machine, Creflo Dollar (I just luv that name) preaches that through his ministry and being born again it wil bring your prosperity thriough Christ in the form of spiritual healing and manifest itself into personal wealth meaning money and material things. It sure has worked for him, he lives in a multi million dollar home(s) and drives a couple Rolls-Royces, 1000 dollar suits and 12000 dollar watches.

Praise Jesus Y'all!!!!!'

If this country, as Jerry Falwell wanted is someday under the control of Born again Christian Fundamentalists then kiss free thought goodbye, kiss privacy and free speech goodbye,
If that happens I ahope I am either dead or able to leave, in sadness, what was once this great nation.

Christian fundamentalist takeover of the goverment is equal to what Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida wnat for Saudi Arabia, Afgahnistan and other middle east countries.

The bible, though it has some good lessons on a few things is for the most part a fable, deived from some ancient text and perverted into what ever was needed and however it could be said to control large parts of a mostly uneducated population in the middle ages and since it worked then is still mostly unchanged since.

Feed then to the lions while it is not to late.

I know God, and this isn't the way he planned it.

what does this have to do with the topic?
Again, I am not religious, but see how quickly a lefty (sorry flap) lashes out at religion? Its free thought as long as you agree with me.
"independent thought in based on scinece fact rather than religious science fiction"
see how you dismiss other peoples views as science fiction? So who is really the threat to free thinking? Fundamentalists or Liberals?

scottw
10-23-2008, 12:25 PM
“The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.”
–Norman Thomas in 1969, former U.S. Socialist Party Presidential Candidate

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM

This whole thread is about letting Religion dictate who you vote for......:wall:

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
“The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.”
–Norman Thomas in 1969, former U.S. Socialist Party Presidential Candidate

Or rather as Bush has put it "to save the free market" and "ease the credit freeze".

scottw
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
you are assuming that religeon dictates who people vote for and that's quite a leap....if you are Catholic, Jew, Black Liberation Theologist, Tree Worshiper and you vote the right way...OBAMA....everything is cool...but if you vote the wrong way...NOT OBAMA...then you are a religeous zealot and you only vote the way that your religeous leaders tell you to and probably based on abortion....oh, and you are a RACIST...huh?

Catholics and Jews are probably split pretty evenly between candidates, in fact Obama was leading among Catholics according to a poll yesterday(need to run some more infanticide commercials)...Obama has locked up the BLT's the Tree Worshipers and the Radical Muslims as well....oh, and the God/Jesus Deniers.....

Slingah
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM
m*****f***** Bush, only Bush I like are the trimmed ones I'm throwing dollars at in King Arthurs!!!

:eek:..:jester:....is that hellhole still open???:hidin:

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
The United States economy is like a poker game where the chips have become concentrated in fewer and fewer hands, and where the other fellows can stay in the game only by borrowing. When their credit runs out the game will stop.
Marriner Stoddard Eccles
Chairman of the Federal Reserve 1934-1948

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 01:03 PM
you are assuming that religeon dictates who people vote for and that's quite a leap.....

What Leap??? This is exactly what was posted in the 1st post of the thread.

Why a Christian Can Not Vote for Obama

Huntley Brown is a fabulous concert pianist, man of God and is a black man.

Why I Can't Vote For Obama

By Huntley Brown

Dear Friends,

First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.

Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness.

I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms He does because He is the leader.

I can't vote black because I am black, I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won't be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

I'm pretty sure the whole basis of this post...and Thread is about basing your decision on your religious beliefs. :huh:

FishermanTim
10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Obama probably wont need your vote, blacks are coming out in record numbers. In Tennessee's Shelby county where voting has already begun, there predicting 85% voter turnout among the brothers. What will we do now, the little people are actually participating in the political process and Bush used all the wild cards in 2000.

Yeah, and some of them are voting 2, 3, 4 even 5 times through the "ACORN" program.

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
:eek:..:jester:....is that hellhole still open???:hidin:

We have a winner!!!!!!

Yea, that place is still open, metal detectors and all. Only if the bouncers knew those chumps just keep the hammers in their cars, they dont fight anymore and god forbid you step on someone's $180 pair of shoes. That place is like the wild wild west. Some of the girls arent bad though :faga:......not that I would know, my russian just ain't that good.

EarnedStripes44
10-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, and some of them are voting 2, 3, 4 even 5 times through the "ACORN" program.

They are making up for it from the 2000 election.

RIROCKHOUND
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole basis of this post...and Thread is about basing your decision on your religious beliefs. :huh:

That and exit poll data in 2004 that showed more people voted for GWB b/c of 'Moral Issues', (specifically abortion and gay marriage) then for terrorism, war in Iraq etc...
If it dictates it at all, it is too much!

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 01:33 PM
this has ZERO to do with the separation of church and state,,,,, ZERO.
this is about people voting based on their religious views. Are any of you implying thats wrong?

A religion has laws and beliefs its FOLLOWERS (hence the term) believe in. Most believe religion is driven by a higher power. If people truly beleive this and believe they are guided by a higher power and the laws that come from this power, I feel they are obligated to make decisions based on that. I dont agree with that, but I dont hold that against people.

Like it or not - this country was founded by those wanting to live by their religious freedom. I cant fault people who vote based on their religious beliefs.

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Nothing wrong with following your religious beliefs when you vote, if thats what you want to do then thats your perogative....Its when those who are elected use their religious beliefs to dictate policy...Thats the issue that is scary

RIROCKHOUND
10-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Nail on the head TDF.
Nail on the head.

RIJ;
for all I care you can worship the Fonz, but keep it out of politics.

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM

Let Us AAYYY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqvx-la3C-Y

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Nothing wrong with following your religious beliefs when you vote, if thats what you want to do then thats your perogative....Its when those who are elected use their religious beliefs to dictate policy...Thats the issue that is scary

I think I agree in principle, but thats very hard to discern. For example, Obama wants health care for all. you can easily tie that back to his Christian beliefs in helping others. So, do we say he is violating the separation of church and state since his beliefs are dictating policy? Just a thought.

The Dad Fisherman
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I think helping others is a basic human belief that we all should have...at least thats how I feel....and thats for people who truly need it...not the people that are to lazy to help themselves (Just in case, so I don't have to throw that Scarlett "L" on my chest again)

and everything is open to interpretation.

striperman36
10-23-2008, 02:15 PM
who the heck is that dude?

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 02:29 PM
this is all we need to know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF8ov34Gels

scottw
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
That and exit poll data in 2004 that showed more people voted for GWB b/c of 'Moral Issues', (specifically abortion and gay marriage) then for terrorism, war in Iraq etc...
If it dictates it at all, it is too much!

that's great...you have the 2004 exit polls right at your disposal but can't locate the 1st Ammendment to the Constitution haaaa
let me help you:
Congress shall make no Law respecting and establishment of Religeon or Prohibiting the free exercise thereof....

I think Obamaism is clearly a religeon that the socialist/marxist left would like to establish through the Congress and a clear affront to our Constitution and it's First Ammendment

I hate it when people get involved or vote in "Moral Issues", there's way too much morality around these days....

Nebe
10-23-2008, 03:01 PM

So true..

For those against gay marriage- Dont marry your gay lover... Same goes for abortion.. against it... then don't have one. But don't tell other people how to run their lives. :wavey:

RIROCKHOUND
10-23-2008, 03:02 PM
I hate it when people get involved or vote in "Moral Issues", there's way too much morality around these days....

I would been happier if people had voted for GWB because they thought he would keep them safer from terrorists or better the economy or some other logical reason. Instead they voted for him because Tommy might want to marry Johnny or because some women want to be able to choose to have an abortion. Wow. what a terrible, terrible world that would be...

Bronko
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
So true..

For those against gay marriage- Dont marry your gay lover... Same goes for abortion.. against it... then don't have one. But don't tell other people how to run their lives. :wavey:

Lets just vote on it!

That will settle everything. You guys are up for that right?

Joe
10-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I was helping my son with his religon homework last night and there was a part on Human Rights, down from the Right To Life (the most important human right) they were other rights: like the Right To Healthcare, Work, and Housing.....I did not know that was all part of the Catholic Belief System. Its strange how some rights are embraced and others are ignored.

RIJIMMY
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
So true..

ahh, so nebe, your problem is really with governement, not religion.
Government does tell people how to run their lives! Dont make money, then dont touch mine, cant afford healthcare, dont make me pay for it, want to have 12 kids, you feed them, want to go to college" get a job.
And for the abortion issue, it looks like you also agree Roe vs Wade should be overturned, correct? That would put the decision of abortion on the states so that PEOPLE can vote, vs. the supreme court stating whether its legal or not.

Nebe
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
No my issue is with people who push their beliefs onto others.

Bronko
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Lets just vote on it!

That will settle everything. You guys are up for that right?

Crickets....

LT. DAN 2
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
WOW!!!!!! Did I Do This??????????

Spence your right I needed to change the title to "Why a social conservative Christian can not vote for Obama."

The other reason is I am Catholic and thus agree with the Papal decrees .(TDT)On voting day the "Liberal" Jesus as you call him will be looking over my shoulder in that voting booth. He's never disappointed me and I'm not about to "Take the chance " that I will be disappointing him despite his liberal views.
Yes i know I'm in a Blue State and have no chance of making a difference but...
"You are where you are because that is where you choose to be.

scottw
10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Crickets....

it's been done Bronco, then a liberal activist judge legislates from the bench and overrules the will of the people...

Nebe: No my issue is with people who push their beliefs onto others.

How about this...the Right will keep their moral views to themselves in the Left agrees to keep their hands out of the Right's pockets....that'll starve most of the left out of existence...wait...is that moral??? OK, except what the Right agrees to give in charity which is pretty hefty when not being taxed to death....

don't usually get to play this much but the kids are home throwing up today...

spence
10-23-2008, 04:56 PM
What I find so ironic about so many who claim to be Republicans, is that their leadership for the most part displays the exact same contempt for free will that they claim Democrats embody.

Libertarians are usually a bit more true in this regard, except when they're making fun of liberals.

-spence

justplugit
10-23-2008, 05:49 PM

:agree:
Nothing turns me off quicker than someone trying to convert my religious or political beliefs.

Our believes come from our life experiences and i believe the adage. "walk a mile in my shoes."

I betcha no one has ever changed their believes because of what has been posted here.

This forum allows us to have a modern day jousting contest, and a good one at that. :hihi:

scottw
10-24-2008, 06:56 AM

no, you assume that he can't vote for Obama because his religeon but in fact he won't vote Obama because of his "value system" which happens to be Christian in it's roots and a large part of who he is...

WHAT IS YOUR VALUE SYSTEM???
can you define it or do you just play it by ear...

I don't oppose abortion or gay marraige because my "religeon" instructs me to...I oppose them because I believe that they are wrong regardless of religeous influences....

Are you like Nebe and think noone should tell anyone else what to do or how to live their lives...talk about juvenile...a functional society dictates that this be done to some extent, the argument is all about where the lines should be drawn on various issues...much easier to tell those that disagree with you to keep their values to themselves than to have to debate the merits of your own....

this is the game that the secular left plays with the whole "Separation" thing....you need to leave your religeon at the voting booth door and therefore in many cases your value system out of your voting decisions???

Your secular value system is somehow more legitimate than my Christian based value system??? Oh, that's right...you use your brain and I don't think, I just do what I'm directed to do my my "religeon"....

I sit a few feet away from our Senate Majority Leader at church each week, we are not likely to agree on many issues and vote very differently in the voting booth and I assume we both vote based on what we deeply believe however different, the fact that we both vote in opposite directions tells me that our "religeon" has not dictated our decisions...I can't ever remember our Church giving any voting instructions.....but I bet Obama's church is giving plenty....

the left would say that our esteemed SML did not bring their "Religeon" into the voting booth and that I in turn did....this allows them to delegitimize my vote in their minds....sneer and look down their noses at those that they perceive as voting strictly as they are instructed to by their "religeon"....

DAD....."and I bet if I went to my Priest and said I voted for somebody that supported abortion and wanted to be excommunicated.....he'd try his best to talk me out of it.

This whole thread is about letting Religion dictate who you vote for"......

if you approach your Pastor and stick out your tongue and tell him you voted for someone that supports infanticide and want to be excommunicated...you very well might get excommunicated...
if you are honestly seeking forgiveness or counsel...you'll probably get that as well.....

lot's of religeous bigots out there...

Nebe
10-24-2008, 07:15 AM
scott.. could you please describe the GOP value system over the past 8 years please?

help me out here because if you think that the GOP has a value system that is worth voting for, then I am missing something

Unbelievable. :hs:

RIJIMMY
10-24-2008, 07:23 AM
scott.. could you please describe the GOP value system over the past 8 years please?

help me out here because if you think that the GOP has a value system that is worth voting for, then I am missing something

Unbelievable. :hs:

Neb, just throwing this out there, from what I've heard - the past 8 years
1. We have goven more $ to Africa fro AIDS than ever before
2. WE have had more minorites and women in senior level positions than ever before
3. Gulp...apparnelty we've had more poor people owning homes....:angel:

I agree Busk sucks, but when you throw stuff out there back it up, what "value" system has the GOP damaged in the past 8 years?

RIJIMMY
10-24-2008, 07:25 AM
BTW, McCain is done. There is no hope now. And with the market tanking, I'm goign to need Obamas charity as I'll most likely be unemplyed soon.

Nebe
10-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Im talking about 'family values' on a political level. The GOP runs their 'family' like a pack of white trash debutants...

Somehow I dont think Obama is going to win. Voter fraud will be rampant.

You'll see.

The Dad Fisherman
10-24-2008, 07:38 AM
ScottW, I don't even know where to begin....I'm dumbfounded as to where you got to there From what I posted here. :huh:

My value system is pretty well defined as far as I'm concerned.

Family 1st.....

Racism and Bigotry....I have no time for it, I try to instill in my kids not to judge a person by anything other than the quality of the person. (Don't really want to use the word judge here, but it early and my brain isn't working)

If someone needs my help.....I'll help them. "needs" being the key word and I try and instill this in my kids too as we do service projects for the community.

Abortion....Both me and my wife would never even consider it.

Gay Marriage....Both me and my wife would never even consider it (Although maybe he'd know enough to shut up during the game on Sunday...)

My Value system is also MY VALUE SYSTEM....not anybody elses.

and did you read my post here before you went on your tirade? I'm pretty sure that I said there's no problem voting with your religious beliefs

RIJIMMY
10-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Im talking about 'family values' on a political level. The GOP runs their 'family' like a pack of white trash debutants...

Somehow I dont think Obama is going to win. Voter fraud will be rampant.

You'll see.

Heard a very good non-partisan interview yesterday from a WSJ journalist. The major "machines" that own the voting in the big cities are all democtratically owned and have been for years. The recent ACORN stuff is the real deal and if not pure fraud, will cause a lot of issues around the polls with voter registration. The consensus was really the its the Dems in the large urban areas are the biggest contributors to the voting fraud. I'll try to track down the article.

scottw
10-24-2008, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=The Dad Fisherman;631622]ScottW, I don't even know where to begin....I'm dumbfounded as to where you got to there From what I posted here. :huh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY
(DAD)This whole thread is about letting Religion dictate who you vote for......
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw
you are assuming that religeon dictates who people vote for and that's quite a leap.....
(DAD)What Leap??? This is exactly what was posted in the 1st post of the thread.

(DAD)Race and religion shouldn't come into play.....
Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-22-2008 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND
(DAD)Let Us AAYYY!

(DAD)and everything is open to interpretation.

you are indeed DUMBFOUNDED(not my fault):jester:

gotta work so I can get some fishing in, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Nebe
10-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Heard a very good non-partisan interview yesterday from a WSJ journalist. The major "machines" that own the voting in the big cities are all democtratically owned and have been for years. The recent ACORN stuff is the real deal and if not pure fraud, will cause a lot of issues around the polls with voter registration. The consensus was really the its the Dems in the large urban areas are the biggest contributors to the voting fraud. I'll try to track down the article.

2 words... diebold and florida

The Dad Fisherman
10-24-2008, 09:10 AM
you are indeed DUMBFOUNDED(not my fault):jester:

Still am...and yeah, it is your fault.

How did what I posted all of a sudden bring my values into question or label me a Religious Bigot....thats where I'm confused.

you are definitely reading into something that just is not there.....and I just don't see it.

Nebe
10-24-2008, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5Kdm4Eu6w

justplugit
10-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Getting back to"why i won't vote for Obama."

Greenspan, financial guru?, denies he is responsible for the once in a century credit tsunami which has left him in a state of shock and disbelieve.

Meantime Biden says Obama will be tested in his first 6 months with a world wide crisis.

Now if Greenspan can't figure out what happened, how is a jr. Senator with 0 experience in finance going to know how to fix the economy?
Granted, Mc Caine said he didn't know a lot about economics, but at least he was honest.

Who would you trust to find the right people to get us out of this financial mess, a guy who's been around Washington for 35 years and knows everybody, or one around for 1 and 1/2 years who knows few if any economists?

Who would you trust to handle a world crisis as Commander in Chief, a guy who has spent his life serving his country in the military and senate, having visited and been in the trouble spots or one who has zero military experience and has only been out of the country twice?

stripersnipr
10-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Like those that believe wealth should be spread around?

spence
10-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Like those that believe wealth should be spread around?

Isn't that what our current tax system does? I'm sure you're not out to end taxes are you? (granted, it would be nice)

-spence

Nebe
10-24-2008, 08:39 PM
All the messiah wants to do is do away with bush's tax cuts..:hs:

striperman36
10-24-2008, 08:43 PM
All the messiah wants to do is do away with bush's tax cuts..:hs:
and adding more to the current burden

Nebe
10-24-2008, 09:15 PM
and adding more to the current burden

do you make more than 250 G's a year?? cause I dont. If not, Would you care to expound how your taxes will go up?

stripersnipr
10-25-2008, 07:35 AM
I wonder how many lay offs I'll have to make to compensate for the increased taxes.

spence
10-25-2008, 07:52 AM
I wonder how many lay offs I'll have to make to compensate for the increased taxes.
Have you calculated the difference in tax burden for your business, or are you just talking?

-spence

stripersnipr
10-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Have you calculated the difference in tax burden for your business, or are you just talking?

-spence

If I had already calculated it I wouldn't be wondering.

justplugit
10-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Would you care to expound how your taxes will go up?

The infamous claim of ALL politicians: "Read my lips, no new taxes." :hihi:

Nebe
10-25-2008, 01:24 PM

what if the economy picks up and.. oh my goodness, could you imagine.... you had to hire more people??? One can dream right?

stripersnipr
10-25-2008, 04:30 PM
what if the economy picks up and.. oh my goodness, could you imagine.... you had to hire more people??? One can dream right?

Good point, I'll just hire fewer than I would have pre punitive taxation state. Or better yet an across the board price increase with a little extra tacked on for bonuses. Nobody will even notice. Whatever the case the earnings will remain intact. Let the end user compensate.

Obamanomics.

Nebe
10-25-2008, 05:19 PM
sounds more like baracnaphobia to me.

spence
10-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Good point, I'll just hire fewer than I would have pre punitive taxation state. Or better yet an across the board price increase with a little extra tacked on for bonuses. Nobody will even notice. Whatever the case the earnings will remain intact. Let the end user compensate.

Obamanomics.
It's no wonder the economy is in the dumper with such negative attitudes in small business.

You might just innovate your products and lean your processes, investing the improvements in top and bottom line into more local jobs.

Business as usual ain't going to cut it regardless of who's President. Anyone who thinks that change is the fault of someone else sure doesn't sound like a Republican to me.

-spence

stripersnipr
10-26-2008, 07:42 AM
It's no wonder the economy is in the dumper with such negative attitudes in small business.

You might just innovate your products and lean your processes, investing the improvements in top and bottom line into more local jobs.

Business as usual ain't going to cut it regardless of who's President. Anyone who thinks that change is the fault of someone else sure doesn't sound like a Republican to me.

-spence

This my friend is very far from small business. This is very large business with local, regional, national and global earnings expectations and yes we are circling our wagons against the negative impacts BHO's tax plan will present. In case you haven't noticed businesses have already innovated their processes and driven effeciencies through all levels of the operations. Increased costs equate to increased consumer priceing and job losses, period end of story.

EarnedStripes44
10-27-2008, 02:31 PM
This my friend is very far from small business. This is very large business with local, regional, national and global earnings expectations and yes we are circling our wagons against the negative impacts BHO's tax plan will present. In case you haven't noticed businesses have already innovated their processes and driven effeciencies through all levels of the operations. Increased costs equate to increased consumer priceing and job losses, period end of story.

You could just hire some illegal aliens offset the tax increases :laughs:

fishsmith
10-27-2008, 03:19 PM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid988092926/bctid1842856410

justplugit
10-27-2008, 05:43 PM
FS, i'm thinkin France might be a betta choice,
but maybe it would be betta to hope BO got elected,
and just stay here so we can be called "world citizens." :)

bssb
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
:doh::doh::doh:I wonder if Lt Dan thinks dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago? I bet he does. and that they were republicans.

fishsmith
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
It's a tough swim to France, the current in the Strait of Gibraltar is brutal.

striperman36
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
do you make more than 250 G's a year?? cause I dont. If not, Would you care to expound how your taxes will go up?

IT will be practically impossible not to raise taxes to do what either one of them propose to do.
Same a Devalenomics

justplugit
10-27-2008, 07:13 PM
It's a tough swim to France, the current in the Strait of Gibraltar is brutal.

For sure,and swimming would be the only way anyone could afford to go,
under Obama's spending plans.

RIJIMMY
10-28-2008, 07:09 AM
:doh::doh::doh:I wonder if Lt Dan thinks dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago? I bet he does. and that they were republicans.

Ahh, the cocky know it all, open minded liberal. The pride of the country.
Chew on this smarty.

1. Hundreds of millions of people (perhaps billions?) believe that 2000 yrs ago a guy was killed, then came back to life, and if you beleive that, you are guaranteed a spot in heaven. Becasue of course, this guy was the son of god. :spin:
2. If your a jew, better have the skin from your johnson cut off, or else you will not seal the covenant with god ! :spin:
3. A person needs to take some water, make a cross on your head to absolve you of original sin or else, no entry in heaven! :spin:

Science has PROVEN no religion and every religion is whacked. My point, dont discount people based on the their faith, ALL RELIGIONS believe things that common sense easily discount. :whackin:

Joe
10-28-2008, 07:46 AM
You're advocating discounting carbon dating and having an open mind as negative by-products of the liberal elite?
I think what we'll see sooner than later is the republican party taking a big giant step to the center. You can't sell the conservative ideal to a browner, poorer, less heterosexual population and expect to win national elections.

RIJIMMY
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
You're advocating discounting carbon dating and having an open mind as negative by-products of the liberal elite?
I think what we'll see sooner than later is the republican party taking a big giant step to the center. You can't sell the conservative ideal to a browner, poorer, less heterosexual population and expect to win national elections.

Joe, look at the "liberal" responses to this thread, Im sorry I missed the OPEN MIND. The liberal open mind is only open to those that agree with them. Thats my biggest issue with liberals. If you say you are goign to drop out of society and go study llamas, the libs say great! follow your dreams. If you say your goign to drop out and open a bible study class, the libs say dumb religious wacko.
Its always that way.
If the population could get past the "I hate Bush" mentalilty they would understand that conservatism (not right wing wackos) are more "in the middle" and more in line with the average American ideals.

justplugit
10-28-2008, 10:05 AM
I think what we'll see sooner than later is the republican party taking a big giant step to the center.

Your right Joe, and sooner rather than later it will be the party with the most free cash machines on every corner that will win.

Joe
10-28-2008, 10:31 AM
What should republican strategists make of states that have not voted for a democrat since 1964 now voting for a black guy with an Islamic name?
Its more than just anti-Bush sentiment: its indicative of the need for systemic reform of the message because if they don't the party will become marginalized to the point of irrelevance.

EarnedStripes44
10-28-2008, 11:02 AM
What should republican strategists make of states that have not voted for a democrat since 1964 now voting for a black guy with an Islamic name?
Its more than just anti-Bush sentiment: its indicative of the need for systemic reform of the message because if they don't the party will become marginalized to the point of irrelevance.

Say it aint so Joe, you know.....thats prolly how its gon' go! :hihi:

RIJIMMY
10-28-2008, 11:07 AM

one word - economy

And if the solution is the government should be solving the problem, as most believe it is, we are in bigger trouble than I could ever imagine.

fishbones
10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
one word - economy

And if the solution is the government should be solving the problem, as most believe it is, we are in bigger trouble than I could ever imagine.

If people are voting Democrat because of the state of the economy, shouldn't they also look into the Democatic Congress that has been in place during the current administration?

Now, I'm not very bright, but haven't the Democrats either sponsored or voted for some of the bills that have passed which have contributed to our current defecit? It amazes me how little people know about the government that makes decisions for them. Then, they base their opinion on who they will vote for on the opinions of others who are as ill-informed as they are.

Everyone wants to blame Bush for everything, even though it takes more than one man or one party to get this country into the pickle we are now in.

bssb
10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
oh, I know all religions are pretty crazy. and I think that applying reason to all but 1 part of your life is stupid. like facts only matter if you're not talking about religion. were you trying to prove my point RIJIMMY? how can anyone justify voting republican after the last 8 years. 9/11, the katrina aftermath, the gross underestimate of the cost of the iraq war, both in lives and dollars and the failure of wall street. all under the watch of a republican president and a republican congress(for 6 of those 8 years). they have failed on every level. and if you think that there will be different people running a McCain administration you're fooling yourselves, or don't know enough about it. don't we at least owe the other guy a chance to fail? republicans have already proven that they will.

just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IcUumWzue4

stripersnipr
10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
You could just hire some illegal aliens offset the tax increases :laughs:

No. We dont hire illegal aliens. We do a far more thorough job of ascertaining citzenship than the Democratic party does of their presidential candidates. ;)

bssb
10-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Fact Obama born in United States
Fact McCain born in Panama.
If you have a question about Obama's citizenship, do you have questions about anyone a darker shade of pale than you?

Things you have to believe to be a Republican today:

Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him, and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.

Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.

The United States should get out of the United Nations, and our highest national priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions against Iraq.

A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.

Jesus loves you, and shares your hatred of homosexuals and Hillary Clinton.

The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.

If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.

A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our long-time allies, then demand their cooperation and money.

Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing health care to all Americans is socialism.

HMOs and insurance companies have the best interests of the public at heart.

Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.

A president lying about an extramarital affair is a impeachable offense. A president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.

Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.

The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but George Bush's drunk driving record and cocaine arrest are none of our business.

Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness, and you need our prayers for your recovery.

You support states' rights, which means Attorney General John Ashcroft can tell states what local voter initiatives they have the right to adopt.

Clinton's business interests in the 1970s in which he lost money are of vital national interest, but Bush's activities in the 1980s in which he made money under questionable circumstances is unimportant.

stripersnipr
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I could've sworn McCain was born on an American Military Installation to American parents. That can be proven, has and should be. All Presidential Candidates should provide proof that they meet the standards and qualifications set forth by the Constitution. Is that unreasonable?

bssb
10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
umm... no. are you saying Obama can't prove he's a citizen? if so, where do you get your information? fox and friends maybe?

stripersnipr
10-28-2008, 06:36 PM
umm... no. are you saying Obama can't prove he's a citizen? if so, where do you get your information? fox and friends maybe?

Are you saying he has?

bssb
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I think we should legalize marijuana, then tax it. I know lots of people who wouldn't mind buying a legal highly taxed product. that would make up some tax dollars. alcohol and tobacco are legal yet kill hundreds of thousands each year. marijuana acounts for what? 12? to bad the republicans would never go for it. I guess the weed lobbiests are lazier than alcohol, tobacco and gun lobbiest.:sleeps:

bssb
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
“PHILADELPHIA — A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Barack Obama’s qualifications to be president. U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick rejected the suit by lawyer Philip J. Berg, who alleged that Obama was not a U.S. citizen and was, therefore, ineligible for the presidency.

FactCheck.org Clarifies Barack’s Citizenship

“When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982.”

but of course FactCheck.org and most federal judges are in the bag for Obama:wall:

bssb
10-28-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI
hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OunCv-7qvAttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG1aOORf8Pc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE96K01YO24

spence
10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
:wave:Are you saying he has?
Are you planning on asserting that Hawaii isn't really a US State?

I can only think you're just joking because you're smart enough to not buy into this moonbat bull%$%$%$%$.

-spence

bssb
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I've already been laid off. Is that Obama's fault too? or can I blame the republicans who have run the economy into the ground. Obama's going to come into office with an economy that's going down the toilet,and you republicans will most likely blame him for it. just like republicans are the only one's that can keep us safe from terrorism. even though 9/11 happened on there watch and they had warning before in happened. both republicans and democrats spead money. the difference is democrats try to pay for their programs. republicans just keep running up the bill, no need to pay for anything, we can just borrow from china or the saudis. let the democrats pay for it when they get elected. and then we can blame it all on them. it passing the buck on a scale that I can barely believe

RIROCKHOUND
10-29-2008, 10:53 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2008/10/28/sbt.paris.for.president.cnn

stripersnipr
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
:wave:
Are you planning on asserting that Hawaii isn't really a US State?

I can only think you're just joking because you're smart enough to not buy into this moonbat bull%$%$%$%$.

-spence

Seriously, I don't know where Obama was born and I don't know where McCain was born. I know what we're told. I think every candidate should be required to prove they are constituionally qualified to be President. Isn't that basic, simple common sense?

justplugit
10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=stripersnipr;633527 I think every candidate should be required to prove they are constituionally qualified to be President. Isn't that basic, simple common sense?[/QUOTE]

Not only qualified but in addition cleared for Top Secret Clearance as the Commander in Chief as well.

bssb
11-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Hawaii Department of Health: Obama was born in Hawaii, is therefore a U.S. citizen by birth, and we have his birth certificate to prove it. Now stop bothering us