View Full Version : I know it ain't much but...

MountainBreeze
11-29-2002, 04:56 PM
I got a PENN Slammer 360 today.

My 4 month old PENN PG3000 just about siezed up on me. Crazy! I went to pick it up to check the line last night (I was going to go out today) and the reel would barely spin!

Brought it down to the local shop and they gave me a credit toward the 360. (Thanks Pat!) I didn't want to go w/ the 460 on the 8' rod. It was just too much reel for it.

In the spring I'll get the 460 and the 9' rod I've been wanting. Until then... I'll give the 360 a try tomorrow! The CT surf has been fairly active w/ schoolies the last week or so. Saw quite a bit of birds working today - didn't have all the gear though. :(

I'll let ya' know what I think of the Slammer when I get back tomorrow.

Regards,
Rob

MountainBreeze
11-30-2002, 09:39 AM
Well folks... I'm sorry to say but I have decided not to go out today. :(

We got a good "dusting" of snow last night and I just don't think that after 4 months experience (Only one with waders), I'm ready to hit the surf this late in the season, in this cold weather, by myself.

I know, I know... This probably was my last shot but... Hey... I had a GREAT 4 months and I want to be around in April! ;)

Good luck and be safe if you make it out!

Regards,
Rob

Oh, and sorry if you folks thought this was going to be a more interesting post! I saw it got over 50 hits and didn't really contain anything of interest to most. My bad! ;)

JohnR
11-30-2002, 04:57 PM
Rob - I've bee hearing some favorable news on that reel - haven't fished one yet... Hope you enjoy.

On the 9' rod, we'll be having a raffle soon for a rod donated by CapeSams (real sweet), proceeds benefiting the site - keep it mind :D ;) :p