View Full Version : Silicon vs Aquaseal

Finaddict
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Realized I needed to do some minor wader repair work, and my Aquaseal is hard as a rock - is it the same as silicon, or will silicon not hold like Aquaseal?

I can pick some up in the morning, but would prefer to apply the silicon tonight if it will work the same?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

BigFish
10-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Silicon will not work! Wait and buy the Aquaseal Andy!:fishin:

Finaddict
10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks Larry, meant to pick it up this morning but forgot, will have to deal with it firsth thing tomorrow a.m.

:btu:

Pete F.
10-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I've had good luck with some stuff made by Loon, I think it's called UV wader repair. Dry almost instantly in the sunlight or if you have a blacklight left over from another life.

Finaddict
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I know Surfland has Aquaseal, I will double check to see if they have that stuff as well. thanks Pete.

DZ
10-24-2008, 06:24 AM
For a better bargain go to a marine supply or hardware store and get Marine Formula GOOP. Much larger tube for much less $$. Same stuff.

DZ

k-e-v-i-n
10-24-2008, 07:10 AM
check out the LL.Bean bootfoot waders.... instead of sealing you just have to return them and they will give you a new pair... Lifetime warranty. I am on pair 3 in only 18 months... and they never ask questions.

fcap60
10-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Silicon will not work! Wait and buy the Aquaseal Andy!:fishin:

Yep, what he said.
However, in a pinch, I use "Goop" (Marine Goop-if you can find it), but I suggest you look for Aquaseal first.

Raven
10-25-2008, 06:30 AM
check out the LL.Bean bootfoot waders.... instead of sealing you just have to return them and they will give you a new pair... Lifetime warranty. I am on pair 3 in only 18 months... and they never ask questions.

i was wondering what they do with all these returned
used waders... do they toss them? re -sell them

any idea's?

BatesBCheatin
10-25-2008, 08:37 AM
How to stop Aquaseal from hardening? I have taken every precaution and it never fails. I wipe off the container well and throw it in the freezer. After thawing I need to slice holes in the tube just to find some usable adhesive. It's basically useless after a few uses. :huh: