View Full Version : Habs Jr ( and plugs) at the Saltwater Edge Nov 1

Pt.JudeJoe
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=52705

I am bumping this link here ,from the sponsors specials, so more of you will get a chance to see it. The Saltwater Edge is hosting John Habs Jr this Saturday at the shop from 12 -4pm. Jr. will have plugs for sale (pencils,mullets,and night'n'gales). Bring cash and it's probably a good idea not wait until 3:30 pm to show up .:D
This is a great opportunity to meet John Jr and Habs' wife Jess ,help out young John as he carries on the tradition Habs started,pick up some of the other great fishing products that the Edge carries, and hang out with the cool ones :zup: of the surf!

wheresmy50
10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
How does that Habs Jr stuff compare to the original?

I assume the materials and design are the same, but how is the workmanship and paint?

I need some replacements.

Pt.JudeJoe
10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
How does that Habs Jr stuff compare to the original?

I assume the materials and design are the same, but how is the workmanship and paint?

I need some replacements.

The difference is that these say Habs Jr. on them.They're made the same way they were when Habs Sr was doing it.I have caught tons of fish -stripers and blues ,on the Habs Jr plugs this year so apparently the fish approve.;)

Nocturnal 1
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Jr. Is doing fine work,his dad would be proud.:claps:

Jim D
10-27-2008, 08:58 PM
got quite a few fish last thursday on a habs jr 2 oz needle in chartruse!!

flyvice11787
10-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Too bad I can't make it :crying:. Would have loved to seen the mullets. Keep it up, Jr. :kewl:.

JohnR
10-28-2008, 06:44 AM
They are working and Johnny Jr is obsessed with quality. He is really doing his father proud. He also has the same collection of Elves helping out :musc::rotflmao:

JR - Wish I could make it Saturday but taking the Cub Scouts out for Ghost Stories

Crafty Angler
10-28-2008, 07:47 AM
John Jr brought a box-load of his plugs to the Awards Ceremony at the Coddington Brewing Co. and made them available for those who attended to buy - I gotta tell ya, Habs is gotta be grinning from ear to ear and proud as can be of the way his son is carrying on the tradition he started.

Jessie told me he's at least as quality-obsessive as Sr. was, if not more so. I was totally impressed by the finish and spray work - Jr. has really got it dialed in :kewl:

No doubt about it, he's a chip off the old block-head :hihi:

It was so good to see how well he's done and how hard he's worked. During an afternoon full of highlights, seeing those plugs was pretty much right at the top of the list for me, personally. As soon as I saw the boxful I dove in headlong and picked up several.

I had one of them - the black fat Night 'n' Gale - hung up in front of my workbench in my tackle room next to a pair of his dad's old-style originals, kinda on display.

A few days ago I took it down and put it in my surf bag - just like his pop's, they were meant to be fished - and fish it I will :uhuh:

Clogston29
10-28-2008, 07:55 AM
i got a few of the mullets (probably my favorite swimmer) at the awards ceremony and it looks and swims just like his dad's. His painting skills are great, especially considering how long he's been at it. Must be hard work and good teaching/mentoring paying off.

hey joe, out of curisosity, are the mullets that are being sold now turned by Jr. or are they from John's inventory? I know Jr. painted and finished them. Thanks.

Crafty Angler
10-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Here's some of Jr.'s plugs from the batch he brought to the Blooberry Factory

Crafty Angler
10-28-2008, 08:24 AM
...and a shot of da man with da hand himself....

Crafty Angler
10-28-2008, 09:32 AM
i got a few of the mullets (probably my favorite swimmer) at the awards ceremony and it looks and swims just like his dad's. His painting skills are great, especially considering how long he's been at it. Must be hard work and good teaching/mentoring paying off.

hey joe, out of curisosity, are the mullets that are being sold now turned by Jr. or are they from John's inventory? I know Jr. painted and finished them. Thanks.

For you guys that don't know, Pt Jude Joe = Head Elf :btu:

Joe was John Sr.'s right hand man.

I still wanna hit the Habratorium around the holidays just to see if Joe's gonna wear those elf-shoes, though :hihi:

NIGHT STRIKES
10-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I have to agree,, John Jr is a " chip off the old block" so to speak,, I really like how these new Mullets came out.. Real clean looking and the color combo's have "eat me" written all over them.. Looking forward to tossing them very shortly..

Sounds like a great afternoon at the SWE, wish I could be there this Saturday...
Have Fun............

Pt.JudeJoe
11-01-2008, 09:42 AM
BUMPTY BUMP Don't forget ...HABS plugs at the Edge today!!!!12-4pm