View Full Version : Pellet Stoves for Bob T

UserRemoved1
10-30-2008, 04:31 AM
Bob the answer to your question is that this needs to be permitted from your local building dept. While there is a code in the state which I believe is 18" front and sides, I believe the rear is more but not sure. I would call your local building inspector or even fire department and ask them what they'd LIKE to see. It wouldn't hurt to make it more.

I do know that you can vent it directly sideways as long as the outlet is 12" out and above grade...it can go anywhere on the side of a house but you may be required to maintain a certain distance from a window or a door-this I don't know.

You have to keep a minimum distance of non combustible materials around it. Stone/Mat under it, Wall must be padded or covered with metal behind it etc. The long and short is I bet you could fit one in quite a few places if the material around it was addressed properly which you would need anyways for the inspection.

This is a link for the State stuff: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopsterminal&L=3&L0=Home&L1=Public+Safety+Agencies&L2=Massachusetts+Department+of+Public+Safety&sid=Eeops&b=terminalcontent&f=dps_feature_wood_burning_sept08&csid=Eeops

UserRemoved1
10-30-2008, 08:36 AM
btw bob I'm not an expert on these by far I just did a ton of research first and have a great local dealer (Royal Fireside in Mendon) who was great at answering any questions pre and post sale I had.

Bob Thomas
10-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Bugger....

THanks for the information and sorry for my late reply. Wanted to make sure the town was still providing my bonus for using the computer ;) :bs:

I'm going to have to take a serious look around and see what options I have. I've talked to so many people that say, just like you, that the heat is amazing and different than Oil heat. With 2 little ones, however, and my constant need to make fires as large as humanly possible (ask the Cape campgrounds) it proves a little more difficult but where there's a will.....there's a way.

Seriously though, thanks for the info. Once we get around the holidays, I'll probably start some research on this.

Best to you and yours.

BTW...you going as a ballerina this year again?

UserRemoved1
10-31-2008, 04:18 AM
YES I am and I thank you for the LOAN of the PINK FRILLY TUTU and slippers I will have them back to you Monday :laughs:

Bugger....

THanks for the information and sorry for my late reply. Wanted to make sure the town was still providing my bonus for using the computer ;) :bs:

I'm going to have to take a serious look around and see what options I have. I've talked to so many people that say, just like you, that the heat is amazing and different than Oil heat. With 2 little ones, however, and my constant need to make fires as large as humanly possible (ask the Cape campgrounds) it proves a little more difficult but where there's a will.....there's a way.

Seriously though, thanks for the info. Once we get around the holidays, I'll probably start some research on this.

Best to you and yours.

BTW...you going as a ballerina this year again?

UserRemoved1
10-31-2008, 05:36 AM
Sorry you won't have it for your birthday party Bob :hihi:

HBD!

Bob Thomas
10-31-2008, 07:49 AM
Sorry you won't have it for your birthday party Bob :hihi:

HBD!

You will in my dreams!! :lm::lm:

Thanks, Boogah!

UserRemoved1
11-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Bob I shipped that tutu back this morning and it's all pressed and ready for you to wear again :hee:

I gave in this morning and turned the downstairs zone on the programmed temps but much lower. The lowest temp in the whole house this morning was 62 in the family room but the main part of the house was only 63 this morning so a little chilly. If we can hold low 60's with the pellets we're still going to save a mint in oil.