View Full Version : The Final Wrap-Up: Pix from The Habs Classic at the Blooberry Factory

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 02:13 AM
Finally got the film back...:hihi:

Actually, it took longer than that - I had to chase Iron Mike down to get his digital camera from him to get the images I took at the Awards Ceremony and Raffle on Sunday October 12th for The Habs Classic - man, he is a wascally wabbit.

But I went right to the source - that would be Mrs Iron Mike.

Thanks, Gretchen for 'motivating' Michael :rotflmao:

Here's the lovely Starfish and the Good Captain, JohnR -

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 02:24 AM
- Kacie, the camera loves ya, Baby!

- The Trifecta, without a doubt

- Pt Jude Joe lecturing Fish_Eye about gentlemanly behavior, I guess :hihi:

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 02:30 AM
- Steve from the SWE - still the subject of many a female fantasy since the old days at Schiller's

- Some unidentified old fart and Crazy Alberto

- Another pretty face close-up and personal

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 02:39 AM
- John's sister Joanne and his good long-time friend Ray - what a helluva nice guy

- The Iron Wonder trying to bribe the papparazzi with a Pumpkin Ale. It worked. Repeatedly, too -

- Milo and the Clamma - hey, Mike PM me your addy, I still got those doo-dads for ya to use ;) - I'm sorry, I'm old, I misplaced the paper I wrote it down on :rolleyes:

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 02:44 AM
- Fish_Eye, the Iron Man and Winchmaster in from the Left Coast

- CA and the Iron One

- Rogues Gallery - Pt Jude Joe, Alberto, Iron Mike and John Jr

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 02:53 AM
- The swag for the Raffle to benefit the Tomorrow Fund at Hasbro Children's Hospital - the donations were very generous, thanks again to all who donated! :btu:

- Pt Jude Joe, Master of Ceremonies - the charisma on that guy!

- I'm tellin' ya, Bob Barker's got nothin' on Joe

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:12 AM
- Scott - halvey64 - with First Place honors for the 1st Annual Habs Fall Classic - Scott weighed in a 36# bass under difficult conditions that week

- Scott tells me his son Josh already has that trophy in his room :hihi:

- Canalman takes 2nd Place - attaboy, Dave!

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:19 AM
- Jessie Haberek with one of the custom trophies - turned and painted by Tattoo and finished and mounted by Pt Jude Jeff - jbuck

- 3rd Place went to Kevin J - who edged Kevin Kendricks from Edward's out by a whisker or two

-Joe chastising unidentified heckler before the Raffle started

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:27 AM
- Jess selecting winners for the Raffle from Da Cup

-Scott scores again - can't figure if it's luck or skill yet but I may have a new fishing buddy before the season is over :hihi:

- Clammer and Toonoc - I can't even begin to think of a caption for this one - ya gotta come up with your own

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:34 AM
- Starfish, Tynan19, jbuck and Kevin

- Alberto getting his tickets from Jess

- Clammer and Milo - again, I don't have a #$*&# clue as to what's going on here. I don't care what you say, the guy is beauty-ful. No, I mean it :kewl:

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:38 AM
- Major scores from the Raffle

- The historic Graves Point Print

- Saltwaterhabits - Mike - the happy winner of the GPFC print. Hope you enjoy it, Mike :kewl:

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:43 AM
- The motley crew of fish-heads gets down to business after the Raffle table got cleaned out

- Da Man with Da Hand - JohnJr

- Here's to ya, Johnny :cheers2:

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:48 AM
- Clammer seized control of the mike

- Good to see Danno who drove the Skinz mobile up from M.

- Norm -Basswipe - and Sweet Jane with their Raffle winnings

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 03:57 AM
- I'll bet a lot of folks would like to have heard that chat - I know NOTHIIIIING

- Kevin Kendricks from Edward's FIshing Tackle and Jess

- The highlight of the day for fisher1989, my 'adopted' niece. Mrs Crafty and I have known her since she was a baby - and she's absolutely nuts for fishing of any type. looking at this photo now, I realize that these are really 3 kindred spirits. Alberto liked Daph right away - boy, is she a good kid, I'm proud of her - she's now at URI in the Marine Fisheries Program, right up her alley !

Crafty Angler
10-31-2008, 04:13 AM
Boy, is JohnR gonna be pi$$ed when he wakes up, goes on the site and realizes what I did to his bandwidth under cover of darkness :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Sorry, Cap........

I guess the last thing to say is an enormous thanks to everyone who helped out or donated to the Raffle.

As always, the generosity of the crew we've got here at S-B.com is pretty incredible. I haven't gotten the final tally yet on the money collected for the Tomorrow Fund that helps critically ill children and their families, but I know it was substantial - I'm gonna see Jess and JohnJr at the SWE on Saturday before work so I'll let ya know.

You guys really are the best for making the 1st Annual Habs tourney a success and a great way to remember a great guy. It was everything we hoped it would be - it was all about the love and respect, good sportsmanship and friendly competition. Can't wait for 2009!

Again, thanks to all, too many to list individually, but most especially Joe who was the first guy to jump in to bail me out - ya know, from the git-go he was smart enough to realize that my crocodile mouth was about to get my hummingbird a$$ in trouble again in getting the whole thing done. It was a fun tournament, not too bad for an event set up by a pair of greenhorns :hihi:

See ya all next year :wave:

Starfish
10-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Awesome pics crafty and nice final wrap-up too! Good times had by all!:cheers:

BassDawg
10-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks a million for the GREAT pix!!
:claps: :claps: :claps:

Congrats to the winners,,,,,,,,,

Alll that raffle schwag~~~~~~

And to me, it looks like everybody had
an EXCELLENT time. WELL DONE, Crafty!
:kewl: :kewl: :kewl:

Swimmer
11-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for sharing with us.

basswipe
11-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Great job Chuck.

Jane and I had a good time.

Raven
11-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Good choice for Camera->man :kewl:

basswipe
11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
HI //chuck, Its Norman's girlfriend Jane. I just wanted to let you know I Love the Picture I won. I look at it every morning an think how lucky I am to have such a nice piece of art work. My mother even commented on it. It was nice to finally meet you in person and I hope we meet again.

Jane

Clammer
11-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Jane remember what I told ya ><<><:love:

Crafty Angler
11-17-2008, 08:37 AM
HI //chuck, Its Norman's girlfriend Jane. I just wanted to let you know I Love the Picture I won. I look at it every morning an think how lucky I am to have such a nice piece of art work. My mother even commented on it. It was nice to finally meet you in person and I hope we meet again.

Jane

Hi, Jane, thank you very much - that one was created by the lovely Mrs Crafty, my talented wife :love:

I was just the technical advisor on that one, I asked her to make the bass look like a 50 - it really is pretty neat. Glad you liked it -

It was nice to finally meet you too - I think old Norm's a helluva nice guy, so I knew his lady would be too!

Say hi to him for me - see you guys again in the off-season :wave:

Crafty Angler
11-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Jane remember what I told ya ><<><:love:

Oh yeah, Jane - don't let that Clammer guy scare ya - he's one of the good ones too, ya know :uhuh: