View Full Version : halloween

striperman36
10-31-2008, 07:19 PM
10 bags of goods left the ranch, vans with kids running in and out.
They should just hire MrMacy and drive thru.

UserRemoved1
10-31-2008, 07:29 PM
HOLY MOLY! I just got back with my 5 year old, we were walking for over 2.5 hours. He must have 10 lbs of loot! My wife is out of candy for the first time here in 4 years. Over 100 kids that's alot. We usually get 50-60 tops. There were packs of kids here in the neighborhood 20-30 deep screamin and yelling going down the road. Wow it was fun :hee:

I didn't see any cars dropping kids off either. Great nite to be out and nice to see the locals driving the streets several times patrolling in Uxbridge instead of sitting around eating donuts and bagels like Hooper and Swimmer :hee: kidding

nightfighter
10-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Only ten kids showed up here......:huh:

Going to send a lot of leftover candy to the troops.

striperman36
10-31-2008, 07:38 PM
HOLY MOLY! I just got back with my 5 year old, we were walking for over 2.5 hours. He must have 10 lbs of loot! My wife is out of candy for the first time here in 4 years. Over 100 kids that's alot. We usually get 50-60 tops. There were packs of kids here in the neighborhood 20-30 deep screamin and yelling going down the road. Wow it was fun :hee:

DId you where a custom or were you scary enough as you are@@

Backbeach Jake
10-31-2008, 08:03 PM
We had maybe 30 kids altogether, plus I met Fishguts, a fellow S-Ber and plug builder. Small world and great Halloween.

Nebe
10-31-2008, 09:16 PM
my kid had a blast... :D

Starfish
10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Went around the block and down one street with the boys...filled up their pumpkins quick! Only took 1 hour and 15 minutes. Some people gave out goodie bags and in it was a bag of famous amos cookies, king size M&Ms and 2 tootsie roll pops. Crazy people! We then went to my aunt's house for dinner and when we all went inside to eat...some little pumpkin heads stole all the candy out of the cauldron. Grrr!
Hope you all had fun. I love Halloween!:spin:

BigFish
10-31-2008, 09:29 PM
We only had 3 trick or treaters show up....the only 3 we have had in 3 years! My street has no sidewalks or street lights! Kicker is they did not show up until 9:30......so because we had all these lollipops and candy.....I gave each of the girls 2 humungus handfuls of candy!!! (I have giant hands if you do not know) They were thrilled!! It amounted to all the candy we had!!:laughs::bl::rotflmao:

MAC
10-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Probably had 18 to 20 kids here. Half of them looked like they were 15 or 16 :rolleyes: One of them in a group of 4 had a goatee:smash:

So the little kids got a handful and the bigger "kids" each got 1.

BW from AZ
10-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Sadly never get any at home so, just spent over an hour in the church parking lot passing out candy to several hundred "trunk or treaters'. Heard one group came from 5 miles away. Its great, lots of very young spooks learning the ropes in a safe place with adults every where to keep an eye on them. 6 months to 70yrs dressed up having fun. Locals love it.

UserRemoved1
11-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Just for you Bill :bl:

DId you where a custom or were you scary enough as you are@@

UserRemoved1
11-01-2008, 04:17 AM
And for the record that ain't me :hee:

Nebe nice costume.

I don't know why I didn't think of it. NEXT year we're giving away lure kits. Frig this candy bull%$%$%$%$. Wife does bags with pencils and assted candy and the kids love it. But I'd be willing to be that the older kids would like the lure kits too...

Nebe
11-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Scott, if you give out lure kits, you can bet that some moroon is going to think that you were trying to feed hooks to kids :rotf2:

Slipknot
11-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Some people gave out goodie bags and in it was a bag of famous amos cookies, king size M&Ms and 2 tootsie roll pops. Crazy people!:

Famous Amos cookies :eek: SCORE!

we never get kids here so we go out
Jenna went to her friends house for a party and Danny went to the mall with a friend, wife and I ate dinner a Bertucci's . The costumes at the mall were really good.
I did not eat any candy

UserRemoved1
11-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Something that disappointed me was seeing my next door neighbor sending their kids out and leaving their lights off so they didn't have to give out candy. Thumbs down. 1/2 the fun is giving stuff out I think. I really enjoyed going out with the 5 year old. My 13 year old went to a friends house for the night so we were by ourselves. I think we covered about 2 miles. Kid had a ball too which was awesome. We walked around shining flashlights in our faces and scaring each other :bl: Man to be young again :claps:

Nebe no hooks :hee:

striperman36
11-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Like I said, it was mayhem in the neighborhood.
We have 4 cul de sacs and 1 main street about 45 homes.
We may as well shut down the entrances to the area kids, parents and animals everywhere.
Only a few did not have their lights on, because they went out with their kids.
It was solid door knockin for 2 hours.

Swimmer
11-01-2008, 10:20 AM

I didn't see any cars dropping kids off either. Great nite to be out and nice to see the locals driving the streets several times patrolling in Uxbridge instead of sitting around eating donuts and bagels like Hooper and Swimmer :hee: kidding

Bagels, Booger, its bagels...........:wave:

Didn't work last night, first time in 34 years. Went home to help wife give out candy and no one came to the house. Entire neighborhood had no kids come down the street. Weird. Alls I wanted was one kid to come and I was going to dump all the candy into his bag and smile at the kids parents.

Raven
11-04-2008, 08:40 AM
we had a mailbox slot -> trick

and it was a cousin thing hand that went out the hole and handed a candy bar...back when Hershey bars were huge...

we had a spy hole for double dippers :btu: