View Full Version : anyone seen reel wars

redcrbbr
12-02-2002, 05:01 PM
have seen this show like 4 times. drop to fisherman off, make them fish for their food. no fish-no eat, cept if you like eating seaweed and roots. the show was on discovery health and leisure channel. kinda like rambo fishing.

BobEver
12-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Red:

I can't seem to find anything on discovery's web site (or its affiliated web sites ) about this show. Sounds VERY interesting, can you give me any more info, Discovery.com shows a web site for discovery health, but not health and leisure. Do you have a web site that lists the show by any chance?

Thanks

redcrbbr
12-03-2002, 01:00 PM
the dicovery channel is "home and leisure"(my bad). i have been to their web site and also found no listing. did a google search and found a couple of things, mostly people complaining about these two guys ignoring legal limits. i couldn't find anything as to when it is scheduled to air again. i did send an e-mail to discovery asking for info about the show and air times.

BobEver
12-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Red:

Good idea on emailing discovery. I think I will also send one of my own. Thanks for the reply.

Bob

Got Stripers
12-03-2002, 03:04 PM
If this month show is somewhere warm, I'd like to put my name into the hat, who do I contact about signing up:).

redcrbbr
12-09-2002, 06:20 PM
finally recieved a response from discovery.

Subj: Discovery Networks Information
Date: 12/9/2002 10:02:56 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: redcrbbr@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Thank you for contacting Discovery Home & Leisure Channel. There are
several episodes of Reel Wars. Before I can answer your question I need to
know which episode you are inquiring about and what specific kind of
information you are needing. There is approximately five (5) episodes to
this series.

For more information about schedules and programming, check out our website
at www.discovery.com.

A reply to this message is not necessary. If you have any further
inquiries or comments, please contact us via our webform at
http://extweb.discovery.com/ViewerRelations. Thank you again for
expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
Discovery Networks

redcrbbr
12-09-2002, 06:52 PM
i was pretty specific on the email i sent them the first time. so i just sent them another one. lets see what the say to this one.

thank you for your response. to be a bit more specific.. the show "Reel Wars" was about to fisherman placed in a remote area in a competetion/survival situation. the show is from the UK i gather from the accents and the landscape. The information I am requesting is when (time/dates) will this show air again, and on which channel these shows will air.
If you ever decide to try and make a show similar to this in this country, please let me know. it's a great idea.
thank-you,