View Full Version : Now This Here Is Funny, I Don't Care Who You Are

Crafty Angler
11-02-2008, 06:30 AM
I ran into an old friend of mine last night when I went down to see Pt Jude Joe's band - the guy is 100% Portagoosie, born in the Azores on the same island my family is from and told me about this website - it's hilarious :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I just had to spit my coffee back in my cup to keep from choking I was laughing so hard - I'm a half-breed but grew up in a Portuguese household, so it's even funnier for me - listen to some of the other stuff, you'll get a good laugh out of it....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Zazoosh

http://www.portuguesefireman.com/files/10_Weather_Manny_2.mp3

BassDawg
11-02-2008, 06:48 AM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

THAT is sum FUNNY SHEET!!!
Thanks, Crafty.

Nocturnal 1
11-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Funny,too bad they don't have a fishing report on that site.
Would love to hear if anyone is catching any Stroipash:bl:

leo33
11-02-2008, 09:19 AM
that site is a Portuguese classic.local guy from Fall River.

basswipe
11-02-2008, 11:12 AM
That's classic!

Katie
11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
:rotflmao: That's great!

protty31
11-03-2008, 11:54 AM
His name is steve lopes and he has a cd or two with tons of different tracks ,very funny stuff.

WESTPORTMAFIA
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Funny,too bad they don't have a fishing report on that site.
Would love to hear if anyone is catching any Stroipash:bl:

My girlfriend is his daughters teacher. I'll have her ask him to put a fishing report together. He is a riot.

MarshCappa
11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Really Funny! I'm mostly Portuguese from my Mom's side and this is what I grew up listening too.

Nocturnal 1
11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
My girlfriend is his daughters teacher. I'll have her ask him to put a fishing report together. He is a riot.
Cool,that would be classic...:rotf2:

Crafty Angler
11-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Hey Karl godthammed guy I don't hear from you long time before this here....aaaaayyyyy :hihi:

The Portuguese McDonald's still cracks me up..."t'ree fish hamburgers...t'ree black sodas...two appla pie..." :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

A Manny fishing report would be an instant classic

WESTPORTMAFIA
11-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Looks like it's in the works.

Backbeach Jake
11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Aren't you supposed to talk like that?:rotf2:
Whatctsh you don't get hit in the coo by the thunder boomers..
Takes me way back to when my Grandparents and their crowd were still living, thanks.

Crafty Angler
11-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Jake, it reminds me so much of my grandma - my wife and I have owned the house that she bought in 1913 for almost 30 years now and I'm very proud of it - I still think of her just about every day and it brings back some good old memories for me.

She was well known in the local Portuguese community for helping others from the Azores get settled in this country and ran our home as a boarding house to help make ends meet - she was a little woman, 5 foot nothing and yet carried 100# sacks of flour up from the basement on her back, raised 6 kids and through hard work bought 2 other houses in our neighborhood.

A no-nonsense woman who had more strength of character and personal dignity than anyone I've ever met. Talk about iron willed - wow.

The thing that still always gets me is that she never spoke to her children in Portuguese and consequently neither my mom or my aunt and uncle were fluent - which it seems is not uncommon. I guess that generation felt being bilingual would be a hindrance to their kids growing up - discrimination was a big factor, I suppose, for people trying to get established in this country.

But boy, was she funny. I still can hear her today.

'Hey, damned shtupa kid, why you spenda you money like that?' :hihi:

I don't often laugh out loud at many comedians, but I think what makes the guy so funny for me is that it's so true.

makomania
11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
:rotflmao: that was great

Crafty you want to fish friday? There's squid at the causeway, bass too, big ones :hee:

Crafty Angler
11-06-2008, 05:55 AM
:rotflmao: that was great

Crafty you want to fish friday? There's squid at the causeway, bass too, big ones :hee:

Spot burner :fishslap:

That's a definite maybe - I think I'm gonna postpone the SoCo trip anyway.

I did go over to Edward's and put new 30# on da Jigmaster, you know what that means :)

Got a tip from the Iron Wonder yesterday afternoon - took a walk down there to explore yesterday before dark and the rocks are full of crab legs :uhuh:

Crafty is as crafty does - I see chinners in my immediate future I think.

I'll call ya :call:

Crafty Angler
11-06-2008, 06:00 AM
Just coma hoam froma work night shift, wife made big pot of Jag, is varry good, and make me to think of this thread, and later on is goanna be not so varry good, and bad when da coo blow offa the Jag gas! :hihi:

(But.. the Jag is too good.. not to eat :D)

Hey godtham, you shtink uppa the whole place over there t'ree days now :hihi:

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
It looks like he did it. It's on his new CD. I'm trying to get a file to upload. I'm sure it's going to be a riot.