View Full Version : last trip was bust

RIJIMMY
11-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Headed out of the harbor at 2:30 am, loaded with eels and high hopes, I noticed the flag at the shipyard was straight out, wind was supposed to be 5 mph. I get out of the shelter of the harbor and its blowing like hell, 2-3 ft waves in the bay. I made a half hearted attempt to keep going and then turned around, not fun fishing against the rocks and I figured it'd only get worse as I went to the mouth of the bay. Flush the engine and figured I'd dunk seem eels at a breachway. I make down and by this time its 4am. Tide wasnt doing what I wanted so I made a few casts, dumped out my stash of eels and left. Headed back to Mass, got in around 6pm and jumped in bed, with the time change, that was exact time for the kids to get up and jump in with me. No sleep for me.
So 5 hrs out, 10 minutes of fishing and Im done for the season.
Its been a fun year but I was hoping to end on a better note.
Lame weather forecast, I should have went yesterday.

RIROCKHOUND
11-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Get off the fiberglass jetty.
come see the sand again :-P

BigFish
11-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Saw my neighbor head out with his boat in tow about an hour and a half ago......he dives! He just pulled back in his driveway....must have found the same "great" weather report you found! Weather forecasts suck!:mad:

RIJIMMY
11-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Get off the fiberglass jetty.
come see the sand again :-P

something tells me the result would have been the same, only there would be more sand in my car.

striperman36
11-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Gives you more time the thrash you politico pundits

jimmy z
11-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I was out this early am, at my fav. RI haunt, and the same nada.
It's getting to be that time.:sleeps:

RIROCKHOUND
11-02-2008, 01:02 PM
something tells me the result would have been the same, only there would be more sand in my car.

Good tides this weekend Jim..
:claps:

rwilhelm
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I got the skunk this morning too. Man was it cold with that North wind!!!

fishgolf
11-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Saturday - great fishing.

Sunday - got a few small stripers on a leadhead/curlytail.

ilovetwofish
11-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Same here.
There is no fish in RI.

JohnnyD
11-02-2008, 07:54 PM

Man, you Rhode Island guys love those curlytails on a leadhead. Buckets and buckets of them in every tackle shop I've been to in RI.

bassballer
11-03-2008, 08:27 AM
i was out all morning sunday to see absolutley no action. Hit every beach from WH to gansett. Nothing. Very dissapointing considering those same spots were on fire the day before. typical. day late a dollar short. oh well. It was nice to be to be all the way down south during the daylight hours, considering I dont leave newport much.