View Full Version : Headin to RI again tomorrow????

Fisherwoman
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Anybody do any good down that way today or yesterday. You can PM if you want or if you are going down tomorrow we can share intel.

Hoping that a rainy day will produce better than a nice sunny day:btu:

I just can't give up yet, I need to have something pullin the other way, every year it gets harder and harder to get thru winter, I have to go after bambi in a few more weeks but can't put the rod down yet. it won't let me LOL

tynan19
11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Saw nothing at all yesterday from Gansett to the hill. Hopefully the weather change will help.

cheferson
11-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Last 2 days have sucked, been to wh and back to gansett.:(

Got Stripers
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Shouldn't you be off hunting bambie and collect tails? Can't get enough, you sick like me:).

Fisherwoman
11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the info guys appreciate it. I will let ya know how we make out.

GS you know I just can't put the rod down. Winter SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
SO I have to get my fix for as long as I can.

ilovetwofish
11-05-2008, 06:58 PM
The last 3 days have been like a graveyard on the water from watch hill to gansett AND i'm not even kidding. I have been waisting gas twice a day driving, fishing all different tides, times of day, I think it's really over now.Saturday and Sunday were pretty good for blues and schoolies.Unfortunetly I did see lots of gannets both days which is a pretty sure sign of it being over.Maybe with this storm moving through tonight into tomorrow you will come across something hopefully, keep us posted and good luck.I think it's time to fish the river.

Fisherwoman
11-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok Thanks All Headin down at 4 am will let ya know whats up.

Raider Ronnie
11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Fisherwoman;635320]Thanks for the info guys appreciate it. I will let ya know how we make out.

Winter makes you appreciate May that much more !!!

Crafty Angler
11-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the info guys appreciate it. I will let ya know how we make out.

SO I have to get my fix for as long as I can.

There's gotta be a 12 step program for people like us - one year I found myself with UL trout gear using a 1/8 oz Kastmasters for 10" pollack at the Castle Hill Coast Guard cove in December :hs:

That's not a good sign...:usd:

But then I'm thinking, this year I'm gonna use the old Pt Jude gold trout lures Joe gave me - I think the pollack will take 'em readily :fishin:

Back in the olden days they used to call it 'fishing yourself around the bend', Jules :rotf3:

cheferson
11-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Do pollack still come in during the winter?

Fisherwoman
11-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Well we put in a long day for one schoolie and that was all she wrote, went from Charlestown were I got the one schoolie, to watch hill and all the way back and then went the other way all the way and hit every beach to Pt Judith, and that was it, big surf today as well but seemed fishable. Not too cold either but got pretty wet as the day went on, don't know if I will go back down or not, :spin:May have to go catch some freakin smelt :laughs:or do a Cod trip cause I just can;t stop yet:hs:. I got 2 more weeks before bambi goes down:nailem:

Crafty Angler
11-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Do pollack still come in during the winter?

Yup - but pollack in the 10" class are trophy fish now - not like the old days.

They'll be in the cove soon right by your old haunts if they're not already there.

Oh yeah - the regs say 19" minimum unless it's changed.

cheferson
11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Cool. I just got permission to fish at CH this year. We served pollack " boston Blue cod" for a while this summer. Its actually really good, i always thought of fish sticks when it was brought up.

milo
11-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Chef is the ban still on from fishing there? I usually make a few trips there come NOV and DEC

cheferson
11-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Chef is the ban still on from fishing there? I usually make a few trips there come NOV and DEC

Yes. I work for that corp , so i have permission.

vanstaal
11-07-2008, 08:06 AM
No Fish in So Co :fishin: all though it's a good time to hone the art of casting !:rotf2:

Crafty Angler
11-07-2008, 08:25 AM

Milo, the only people allowed to fish there - with restrictions and an identification card that has to be produced for their security personnel - are members of the Newport County Saltwater Fishing Club through an agreement with the family. And believe me, the guards don't miss much :hs:

Nov. and Dec. huh.....heh heh heh... I almost went yesterday morning, surf was too big - even at the spot you and Gilly ought to know pretty well ;)

I might go out and check it again today

Lugar piscoso, man, peixe preto grande :uhuh:

basswipe
11-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Nov. and Dec. huh.....heh heh heh... I almost went yesterday morning, surf was too big - even at the spot you and Gilly ought to know pretty well ;)

I might go out and check it again today

There are still a few around Chuck.I've been going before and after work and I pick up a couple here and there.