View Full Version : Thanks for the T&Ps

MAC
11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for my mother.
She is being moved out of the CCU and into a regular room today. It's been a hectic 6 days. The Drs said she they don't see any permanent damage to her heart so everyone is feeling more at ease now.

The scarey part was after she coded the 2nd time. She was brought back twice with CPR and somehow got a laceration on her liver in the process. The Dr removed 2000ml of blood from her abdomen. At that point she was only given a 1 in 10chance of surviving. She was openned up, they found the problem and corrected it.

They were afraid she may have a dead bowel but that proved negative. It is alive and doing well, thank god. If it were dead they would have just closed her up and it would have been over. (the main artery to it was blocked 95 to 99%) The Dr told me this on the phone on thursday but he was afraid to operate at the time as his thoughts were she wouldn't survive the operation.

We were told not to fly out thursday because we probably wouldn't make it in time. To his credit I had to agree as he did call my sister looking for permission to do the camera. This is when he found the bleeding problem and operated to correct it. If we had been on a plane there would have been no way to contact us.

We flew out Friday,which was nerve racking not knowing if we would get there in time.
I flew back last night and my sister stayed out in AZ for a few extra days for moral support.

JohnR
11-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Great news Mac, great news. Godspeed to your mom!

BigFish
11-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Thats great news Dave! Very great news! You will have much to be thankful for on Turkey Day! Glad your Mom is on the mend!:)

BigBo
11-12-2008, 08:33 AM
That certainly is good news Dave. Glad things are on the mend for your Mom.

tynan19
11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Mac, wonderful news! Wishing her a speedy recovery.

HESH2
11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
great news quick recovery

Raven
11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
So happy for you Mac

glad they found the problem

continued good progress wished :wave:

Slipknot
11-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Wow mac, that sounded a bit too close.
I hope all goes well. Glad they were able to get her out of the woods.

Crafty Angler
11-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Excellent news, Mac :btu:

Our very best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery for Mom!