View Full Version : Hab's Jr's thank you (belated)

HABSJR
11-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey. I just wanted to thank everyone that was involved with the 1st Annual John Haberek Memorial Striped-Bass Tournament. It was a great success. Between ticket sales and the raffles we raised a total of $1,456.21. The money is going to Hasbro Children's Hospital "Tomorrow Fund". The fund helps children and their families while they are battling serious illnesses. As you know my dad loved kids and would be happy the money is going to such a good cause. I want to give a special thanks to Chuck Vietry who along with Point Jude Joe coordinated the whole event. Once again thanks to Crazy Alberto for his expertise in designing the artwork for the posters; Modern Printing of Fall River for the tickets; Tatoo and Plumber Jeff for the trophies; Mike Laptew for that great DVD of my dad and different fishing moments; John Redmond of Striped-Bass.com for advertising; The Salt Water Edge, Edwards Bait and Tackle, Quonny Bait and Tackle and Quaker Lane for registration and weight in; and of course Coddington Brewery & Restaurant where the awards ceremony was held. A special thanks to every one that donated items to the raffle. There was so much given and that brought in a lot of money for the Tomorrow Fund.
I hope everyone had good time, I did. I got great opportunity to meet new people. Also I want to says I am truely sorry for delay but i am not good at updating post. I have to work on that.: fishin:

jbuck
11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Welcome aboard Johnny, now get back in the shed and get to work.

Seriously it was a fun time and glad we could raise a little $$$$$$$ in your Dad's memory

Jeff

luds
11-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks Hab's Jr. I had a good time fishing the tourney and seeing everyone. Unfortunately, I stopped into Coddingtons a night early which seemed to derail my fishing plans. Anyway, I'm already looking forward for to round two next year.

Now get back to work.:lasso: We need some mo' pluggage. Thanks for keeping it going.

-Luds

Crafty Angler
11-12-2008, 08:32 PM
...Welcome aboard Johnny, now get back in the shed and get to work...
Jeff

Hey, Johnny don't listen to him - he's the guy that Hasbro had pose for 'Mr Potato-Head' :smash:

Seriously, good to see you and Mom - everybody had a great time!

Glad to hear so much money was raised for a very special cause that your Dad loved so much.

Your plugs at the Award Ceremony were outstanding and one of the big highlights for me - glad to hear you've been pretty busy in the Habratory - Christmas is coming, so keep an eye on your "elves" to make sure they're keeping pace with ya :hihi:

Now I can't wait for the Second Annual Habs Fall Classic in 2009 :btu::btu::btu:

Take care and give our love to Mom :wave:

tynan19
11-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey Jr, it was a blast. Can't wait for next year!

GattaFish
11-12-2008, 09:46 PM
JR.... Glad to see you here,,,,,, absolutely fitting first post.... Don't forget to give us an occasional tease from the Habatory...:huh::huh:

Pt.JudeJoe
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey. I just wanted to thank everyone that was involved with the 1st Annual John Haberek Memorial Striped-Bass Tournament. It was a great success. Between ticket sales and the raffles we raised a total of $1,456.21. The money is going to Hasbro Children's Hospital "Tomorrow Fund". The fund helps children and their families while they are battling serious illnesses. As you know my dad loved kids and would be happy the money is going to such a good cause. I want to give a special thanks to Chuck Vietry who along with Point Jude Joe coordinated the whole event. Once again thanks to Crazy Alberto for his expertise in designing the artwork for the posters; Modern Printing of Fall River for the tickets; Tatoo and Plumber Jeff for the trophies; Mike Laptew for that great DVD of my dad and different fishing moments; John Redmond of Striped-Bass.com for advertising; The Salt Water Edge, Edwards Bait and Tackle, Quonny Bait and Tackle and Quaker Lane for registration and weight in; and of course Coddington Brewery & Restaurant where the awards ceremony was held. A special thanks to every one that donated items to the raffle. There was so much given and that brought in a lot of money for the Tomorrow Fund.
I hope everyone had good time, I did. I got great opportunity to meet new people. Also I want to says I am truely sorry for delay but i am not good at updating post. I have to work on that.: fishin:

YES Johnny, it was a GOOD TIME! For a gang that never put on a TOURNAMENT before it went pretty smoothly. MAYBE next year there will be MORE fish.:fury: ...Now..... where in the hell did the .21CENTS come from????:confused:

Halvey64
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the great tournament and awesome party. It was a great honor seeing so many great professionals donating to a good cause. See you at the next one.

V/R

Scott

Chris in Mass
11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Looked like a great and worthy event!

Raven
11-13-2008, 04:58 AM
post often ....practice makes perfect... and show us a few pics soon... it's going to be a long winter

JohnR
11-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Johnny - Your dad would be proud :btu:

And yes, great job by the rooks Chuck & Joe!

As mentioned above, feel free to drop a note on the site from time to time. You do good work and you should show it! If you ever have any questions, give me a holler.