View Full Version : Gloucester restarants

Finlander
11-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Not looking for any secret fishing spots just a good place to eat and some site seeing this weekend in the Gloucester/Cape Ann area with the girl. Looking for a good place to eat Sat. night and is there something there that we should see while we here. Thanks and have a great weekend.

The Dad Fisherman
11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
The Fishermans memorial is always nice to see while you're up there.

MrHunters
11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
if your looking for slightly more fancy, Alchemy is a great place to eat.

also take the rt 127 drive around cape ann and into Rockport. It's a nice drive with places to get out and look at where the fish live.

Slick Moedee
11-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Latitude 43

Passports

Alchemy

The 'back shore' is always a nice drive/walk.

InTheHole
11-13-2008, 04:54 PM
If you are looking for a pub kind of place, I have eaten at the Choate Bridge Pub a number of times ( also drank there too :) they are in Ipswich and the food is great.

Rob Rockcrawler
11-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Whats the name of the restaurant that is next to where the yankee capts. were last year. Good seafood. I think the gloucester house is a good restaurant.

keeperreaper
11-14-2008, 04:55 AM
If you want great seafood and tons of it go to the Causeway Restaurant. It is BYOB and there is a liquor store next door.

spinncognito
11-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Two more options for you-

My favorite place and kind of a local hidden secret is Marias, on Pearl St. Home cooking and great food/atmosphere/price.

Another good place that will feed you well and not break the bank is The Pilot House on Rogers St. Cannot go wrong there and they have a decent bar/lounge area.

FYI- we are still catching mackerel in the harbor so hide the light pole in the back seat with a coupla jigs... :uhuh:

MrHunters
11-14-2008, 11:50 AM
you talking about The Gull?
I wonder how business is after the Yankee fleet got the boot.

Whats the name of the restaurant that is next to where the yankee capts. were last year. Good seafood. I think the gloucester house is a good restaurant.

Rockport24
11-14-2008, 12:21 PM
second for Passports, especially if you want a more "romantic" outing
I've never been to alchemy, but I hear good things.
although I would listen to Spinn on this one!

Finlander
11-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys, maybe I'll just bring the light rod.

doc
11-15-2008, 08:22 AM
i would suggest the franklin cafe...excellent...a bit pricey...great bar...and really good food...

CaptMike
11-16-2008, 12:34 AM
gonna sound like a foreigner here but I've always wondered about the crow's nest ever since I read the Perfoec Storm. I know a few Gloucestermen but I've never heard anyone talk about it. Is it good/does it exist? And if it does exist do they have good rum drinks?

spinncognito
11-16-2008, 09:43 AM
gonna sound like a foreigner here but I've always wondered about the crow's nest ever since I read the Perfoec Storm. I know a few Gloucestermen but I've never heard anyone talk about it. Is it good/does it exist? And if it does exist do they have good rum drinks?

Yes, it does exist. In fact they just did an upgrade of sorts to the building which is in a different location than the movie. Basically, The Crows Nest was/sometimes still is a "dive" bar in town. True to the movie though it is a place where fisherman can spend all the trip money getting hammered. Can't say I have had a rum drink in there. Amazing what a movie can do for a business/city. I still see tourists snapping pics outside of the place all the time. As for the storm and tragic loss of life, I personally knew two of those guys and remember seeing all the destruction along the shore that Halloween. The trip before the Perfect storm I was invited onto the Andrea Gail while it was in port. The wife of one of the guys(who I worked with) got us some fresh swordfish and a quick tour. Very tragic...

CaptMike
11-16-2008, 01:09 PM
It was very tragic. I may have to check it out next time I'm up there