View Full Version : How about them Bruins

Bigcat
11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Looks like they are getting it together, very nice win tonight:)

FishermanTim
11-14-2008, 12:23 PM
I liked the commentator's statement after the 3rd period fight (the B's already had the game in hand):
The bruins have beaten the Canadians, now they're beating them up!

I really enjoy watching them again. They play like a well oiled machine.
They attack the puck like a swarm of hornets, creating more than their share of scoring chances.

Go B's!!!

beaver
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
It was a great win and the shootout win over Chicago wasn't too shabby. Great group of guys this year, and although they don't have a pure goal scorer, they have the right mix of everything else. Starting to look like old-time hockey again.

Slipknot
11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mggOCzMkJHw

chief10
11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
very nice :jump:

eskimo
11-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Must stink to get whooped by a 19 year old after pretty much begging for that fight. I think Jack Edwards is a great announcer.

once they find their offense, they will play even better.
first place in the northeast and they deserve it.

Uncle Matt
11-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Great game last night. That place had the electricity that the old Garden had in the 80's. Did anyone else see Chara pop that guy two games ago? He went down and had trouble getting up.

Raider Ronnie
11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Thank god for the BRUINS !
Atleast one of my teams wearing black is worth watching !

eskimo
11-18-2008, 12:17 AM
indirect pass from savard to kessel :bl: then five hole!

Raider Ronnie
11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Another night, another WIN !

Bigcat
11-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Last nights game was great, fights, goals and a win:btu:

Mr. Sandman
11-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Me and the lil' hockey player are lovin life right now. I have not seen them play like this in years. It's all coming together, I hope they can keep it up.

I loved it when they crushed the Canadians.:deadhorse:

Last nights game was a hoot. Looked like a minor league game for the first 10 min.

eskimo
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
5 goals in 5 minutes.
Both teams took advantage of each others mistakes.

I love how Buffalo came into Boston knowing they had to bring their A game and almost thought they did when they were up by 2.

Chara playing a little offense :humpty:
I think his shoulder might be back to normal

Mr. Sandman
11-20-2008, 12:48 PM
5 goals in 5 minutes.
Chara playing a little offense :humpty:

I think he looks much smoother on skates this year, last year he was a little gawky...but he has a blistering shot.

eskimo
11-20-2008, 02:44 PM
I think he looks much smoother on skates this year, last year he was a little gawky...but he has a blistering shot.

Absolutely!
I don't think he had enough time out for his shoulder surgery, he was back in no time and he was afraid of any contact (naturally any one would be) but whats the point risking his shoulder more along with knowing he isn't going to be playing 100%?

On the good side of it hes back, hes playing the puck, scoring and shooting pucks close to if not over 100mph.

...along with not taking any crap, they were obviously trying to draw the penalty but he didn't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuwwSWZmlSE

nightfighter
11-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Dominating Florida in the second period tonight. Extra efforts, unselfish play, crisp passing, power move goals. Lucic easily outdukes Boynton. Team looks like it has taken on some of that Neely attitude.

Raider Ronnie
11-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Life is good for Us BRUINS fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:
All of you nay sayers of the past,
STAY OFF OUR F^^^ING BANDWAGON !!!
:jester:

Slipknot
11-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Another win last night, they sure do look much improved and Lucic does have that old time hockey attitude. I might even watch a whole game sometime, but for now I'll watch the C's

maybe soon John can change the forum description so it doesn't make fun of the hapless bruins
Harry Sinden Ruined the bRUINS all those years:whackin:

Raider Ronnie
11-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Another win last night, they sure do look much improved and Lucic does have that old time hockey attitude. I might even watch a whole game sometime, but for now I'll watch the C's

maybe soon John can change the forum description so it doesn't make fun of the hapless bruins
Harry Sinden Ruined the bRUINS all those years:whackin:

Is it me or is the nhl letting the fans get what they want to see.
Seems to me the Luccic fight, the refs just let them let them go and didn't intefer with the fight?
Years past of the pussy Gretzky and Mario Lemeux era, they would have stopped that fight as soon as it started!
As for Harry, he did his job and I think he did it very well.
He was an employee of Jackobs just like the players.
Wonder what Harry could have done with an owner who wanted to spend $ on the best players available and winning was more important the his profit margin ???

Rob Rockcrawler
11-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I am a die hard red wings fan. HAvent seen much to like in the bruins till this year. Now its a tough call when both teams are on. Tonight its the bruins, and checking in on the wings. Will be at the game next saturday. FIrst bruins game. Cant wait. Will be wearing the wings jersey but might get a b's hat. I think the league had a little meeting with the ref's and linesmen prior to the season, fighting is way up from last year and the fans love it. The linesmen stay clear for the majority of the fights, unless its a seriously outmatched bout then they tend to step in more quickly. Now if only the league and versus would gets their lips off of crosbys ass, its embarrassing.

Mr. Sandman
11-22-2008, 11:58 AM
As of right now...the B's are kickin ass...2nd place in the LEAGUE
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=LEA&navid=NAV|STN|League

I hope Savard is OK...we will need his skills tonight.
Lucic did hammer that guys face but good. Watched in it super slow mode and those last two shots had to hurt...lucic was pulling his head toward himself while connecting solidly to his right eye and then his nose. He will remember that for a while.

I knew this team was coming together last season...IMO it all started with Lucic and the line was drawn in the sand when we played the Caps at home after loosing big to them away and mopped them up and this carried thru the end of the season to the playoffs.

I think with all 4 lines clicking like this and 2 hot goalies no one can beat us. Sure we can loose a game hear and there but if they can maintain this focus and attitude we will be in good shape barring any injuries. No team has a 4th line that can score like the B's and our layered defense is keeping them at bay.

The recipe to beat the Hab's is to forecheck the hell out of them and don't them them build up any speed in neutral ice. Also, it looks like Price shot is wad, we need to pound him with shots.

Also I miss Ference...I feel comfortable when he has the puck but that said, Hunwick is playing like this is the last 8 weeks of his life.

The Bruins are back! I love this game, so much more interesting and much more skill required than most other team sports, not to mention the level of fitness far exceeds any other team sport.

Slipknot
11-22-2008, 12:15 PM
It's not you ronnie, I thought it was weird how the 3 refs just stood there waiting, it reminded me of wrestling. they seemed to let it drag on past where they could have stepped in, maybe the refs don't want to get hurt.

I might watch tonights game

ProfessorM
11-22-2008, 02:37 PM
lookin good

Bigcat
11-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Nothing like beating the Canadians in there own building :btu:

Mr. Sandman
11-23-2008, 09:27 AM
O-lay that you Habitats!:crying:

I hate that hockey area. All that fan capacity, all those facilities, and they make the visiting team walk across the ice to get to the locker room. This is by design. I bet the locker room is painted pink for bad fung shway too. I hope the Habs don't make the playoffs. BTW his name is ROY not WAA.

PS Lucic wand Thorton will kick LaRoque's ass when they play at home...don't give the Habs the pleasure of that battle, save it for the Boston fans.

beaver
11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I can't wait for the next time Montreal comes to the Garden. Lucic or Thornton will mop the floor with LaRoques face. Glad we are pulling out shootout victories now too. I always get nervous, but Thomas was a wall in there last night and I think we got a little help with Wheeler's phantom deke. I was impressed by Lucic's poise and how he didn't even give the canadiens a chance to get excited, then scored a goal. A lot of young guys so lets hope they can keep it up.

Uncle Matt
11-23-2008, 06:25 PM
I agree, Lucic showed a lot of poise. He's a young kid so it's either great coaching or a lot of self control on his part. But the team is starting to jell and people are taking notice.

And Chara is playing some of the best hockey I've seen. When the Bruins are playing the body and digging in the corners they are very tough to beat.

Mr. Sandman
12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, they mopped up the islanders and the redwings this weekend...Heck if it wasn't a deflection off of Savards skate the wings would have been shut out. I have to say that was impressive, those guys have talent and size and the B's kept them down...Hosa did nothing.
Rob..that must have been difficult to watch:D

Squid kids Dad
12-01-2008, 11:57 PM
I haven't watched this much hockey since the late 60's..Awesome:claps:

Rob Rockcrawler
12-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Rob..that must have been difficult to watch:D

That was a tough one. I knew after the first that it was over. Hell of a good time at the garden though. The crowd was really into it, great atmosphere. And the fans were great even though i was wearing the winged wheel. Most of the talk was centered around the friggin lions.

Mr. Sandman
12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
I got a few minutes while I wait for a phone call....

Time for the thread title to change...

"Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics (Oh, and the hapless Bruins)"

hapless Bruins?....Hmmmmmm. Not anymore, three years ago I would agree with you but after last season and the results this year to date, the B's are back baby.:lama:

I try to go to a few games each year and I have to say 4 or 5 years ago the stands were not fully packed even on a Sat night. Most B's fans were depressed and tossed in the towel on good hockey in Boston.
The games were fun to watch but we lost most of them, even if they played well. But the team has evolved into a younger, leaner, meaner group of very motivated players. The city should be proud of the management for making the difficult painstaking long term decisions that got us back the respect that is deserved. They GREW this team. I know the season is less than a 1/3 of the way through and a lot can (and will) happen between now and May but its been many years since the B's had a team like this.

I was talking to my Brother (a NY'er & Islander fan) after the islander game and he is feeling now about his team like we were a couple years back about the B's, depressed. He asked me, I don't get why the bruins are playing so well...who do they really have? Well, that is the beauty of it I said, there is no one crosby or ovechkin, we don't have $20 mil players. we have 4 lines that can score, a solid defence wears (or beats) the hell out of you, and 2 hot goaltenders, oh and a coach who has an attitude that...if you don't contribute, you don't play, no matter who you are and what your salary.

It is great for now but I see a longer term salary cap problem for the B's if they keep playing like this though. team salary caps: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/index.php
They are all going to want more money next year and the B's don't have a lot of flexibility money wise. team payroll: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=BOS My prediction they will be forced to get rid of Manny or even chara and perhaps a couple of other players just to keep most of the other players they have. Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself though... time will tell

gotta go.