View Full Version : This is the kind of crap

RIROCKHOUND
11-14-2008, 03:48 PM
That gives religion a bad name.
Seriously?

Last time I checked Obama was a Christian, and didn't eat live puppies...

http://www.wyff4.com/cnn-news/17973613/detail.html#-

I guess he got bored diddling little boys. :af:

The Dad Fisherman
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
"The Consience Clauses" they refer to would affect their abilty to get federal funds...hence the uproar.

RIROCKHOUND
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Of course.
The Catholic church is NEVER worried about money....

Raven
11-14-2008, 04:27 PM
he should be flogged with pigtails from nuns.

Mike P
11-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Of course.
The Catholic church is NEVER worried about money....

Not true. You're confusing the Vatican with individiual churches, and even some entire dioceses.

Many parish churches are walking a very fine line between solvency, and having to merge with neighboring parishes to stay afloat. The elementary school that I attended shut its doors for good this past June. Not enough money to keep it going.

Meanwhile the whole buraucracy in Vatican City lives like royalty.

likwid
11-14-2008, 05:58 PM
The Catholic Church says that abortion is one of five "non-negotiable issues" for Catholic voters and that any church member voting for a pro-choice candidate would be disobeying the church.

Haha wow.

Dude is off the charts.

Nebe
11-14-2008, 07:38 PM
bad sheep.. baaaaad sheep.

Goose
11-14-2008, 08:29 PM
rev wright did the same thing

Nebe
11-14-2008, 08:45 PM
So did everyone who goes to church miss the memo about the purpose of religion? i ask because it seems to me that religion has lately been all about power grabbing. Religion should be about power giving. :D
Maybe I am missing something..

Goose
11-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Its to bad people get the wrong feiw on Religion. People are led to beleive that religion will control them. People can use the lords name in vain and shout it as loud as they like but say something postive in regaurds to your faith...people look at you like you got two heads. Most people today are not at fault to the way they've been or haven't been taught about religion. Religion is doing great things everyday and has been since the beginning but who wants to talk about good news right?

Nebe
11-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Goose, there is a big difference between someone who is a devout Christian or Muslim who speaks the word of his god and one who uses the word of God to force an agenda that is outside of the church.

likwid
11-15-2008, 08:09 AM
People are led to beleive that religion will control them.

Uhm.
Thats the point.

Faith: not wanting to know what is true. -Nietzsche