View Full Version : General grumpage

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 05:20 AM
Yesterday was just a grumpy crappy day overall. In the morning time seemed to be running twice as fast as usual. Then I take my truck in the dealer for a check engine light after the dash goes beserk at 4am saturday morning bing binging and flashing this as that then throws a engine lite for two days. I get in the truck to go to the dealer. ya it's off.

So the rest of the day wasnt much better.

Today I've just spent the first almost 2 hours of my friggin day trying to restart the pellet stove. I filled it like normal this morning right as I'm about to go out the door I notice the flame is almost gone. Walk back and the auger ain't feeding pellets. I just emptied 60 lbs of friggin pellets by hand with this little dinky tupperware all the time swearing to myself wtf this sucks. If it wasn't 3:30 in the morning I'da turned the friggin vacuum on and sucked it dry in 30 seconds. :fishslap: So I get all the way to the bottom of the hopper after getting my left arm stuck in the friggin this not once not twice but three times:conf::conf::conf: Man that friggin hurts now. All I could think of was the headlines "man gets hand stuck in pellet stove" as the fire dept extricates me. I got it out thankfully. But the friggin stove is still down the auger isn't feeding and I think I got to pull it out of the chimney now because something jammed it or something is broken.:fishslap:

Today ain't startin much better than yesterday. Somebody send me on a vacation will ya? :sspam:

Raven
11-18-2008, 05:28 AM
uhhh Scott this wasn't the pro's and cons of burnin pellets i was lookin for...

glad you didn't get STUCK

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Well I guess I'm workin in the office til everyone gets up then I get to pull this thing out of the chimney and see wtf :gorez:

BigFish
11-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Thats one of the pitfalls of pellet stoves....moving parts! You can have em'! Hope things get better for you Scott!

Raven
11-18-2008, 07:50 AM
24 degrees here this mornin ....

striperman36
11-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Well I guess I'm workin in the office til everyone gets up then I get to pull this thing out of the chimney and see wtf :gorez:
You can't run it in reverse?

The Dad Fisherman
11-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I love my pellet stove....12 years and never a problem (Knock on wood:hee:).

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 08:20 AM
well it's out of the fireplace and I've gotten to the motor auger collet where it comes out of the gearbox. I've vacuumed out the entire chute and have backed up the motor with a pair of water pump pliers by hand about 2 full turns. I can't get at the inside of the auger but it will start and run and every time it gets to the same place it stops completely. Frig this I called the stove guy and let him screw with the thing it's still under warranty. At this point I don't see how any pellets inside can be forcing it to stop after going backwards two turns. No you can't run the motor auger in reverse. It's a beotch to get at too. 1/8 turn at a time with a pair of pliers. I've even vacuumed out the auger at each turn too and I don't think theres any pellets left inside the thing.

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Oh and my computer APC UPS blew up this morning.

fack me. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

striperman36
11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Hopefully that under warranty too.
I have never had a blow.

BTW, I was in a 4 car on 495 this morning.

Raven
11-18-2008, 09:25 AM

whoa ! Glad your ok? how's the car?

saltfly
11-18-2008, 09:32 AM
snow flakes on my deck in Orleans,yeow!!!:soon:

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Bill you ok? The new jeep?

Hopefully that under warranty too.
I have never had a blow.

striperman36
11-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Yup me fine.
I was the 1st car, just tears in the spare cover. somehow cracked the windshield.
Its like a tidal wave you can see it coming when it starts
3 cars behind.
Not a good day all around.

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
man I'll let you share my grumpage. I'm goin to the shop now the stove guy is coming later. I think this auger or the motor is fungooly goo. I had it running a bit ago and it made 3 turns then it stopped again.

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
glad your ok. that sucks.

striperman36
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM
yes it does. just filled up.
Got 25 mpg first tank of fuel I used.

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
excellent!

Bigcat
11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
75 in my den, I just open the door and throw a log in. :bl:

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 01:08 PM
70 in my kitchen wife says :hee:

Guy came by and stuck a snake up inside the front of the auger and got a LOAD of sawdust out. WTF. I've emptied the hopper 2 times now and vacuum out the "fines" and it still happened. ugh.

This after I stuck a coat hanger up inside there and sucked with the shop vac out the front too when he recommended that this morning.

He didn't charge me anything though I gotta say these guys at Royal Fireside in Mendon are great to deal with. Very nice people and I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area looking for a pellet or wood stove or pellets etc.

It's rare to find people like this anymore in this world. :kewl:

He ungrumped me for a few minutes :hee:

striperman36
11-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Make you own pellets and add more binder

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 01:12 PM
you don't add anything to them Bill it's the proper humidity and wood. It's the lignin in the wood that holds it together.

62 in my shop Bigcat almost time to call Mr propane rapist this week.

striperman36
11-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Just work faster.

ProfessorM
11-18-2008, 01:42 PM
I just finished disassembling my pellet stove and cleaning it out, along with the chimney too. Every nook and cranny. I do it every year. Miserable job but really needs to be done yearly if you burn everyday. You wouldn't believe the dust that comes out of all those passages. After a while they get clogged with dust and soot and the stove doesn't work as efficiently as it should. Well worth doing it if you own one. A coat hanger with a rag attached will get into all the spots. I also have a crappy old dry vac I use for the wood and pellet stoves so i don't trash the good one.

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I bought an ash vac Paul but this thing was stuck inside the auger somewhere. The guy stuck an electricians snake in there and routed it right out. Wife said there was a ton of sawdust that came out. Guess we'll let it run low in the hopper more often and suck up what we can with the ash vac from now on.

Guy also said don't pour the whole bag in the coal hods we use to pour into the stove, said hit the side of the bag and try to let the dust settle inside the bag then throw out the bottom.

That ash vac really does a nice job cleaning the inside. Takes about a minute to do the whole thing.

Raven
11-18-2008, 05:37 PM
who sells those...just out of curiousity

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Cheetah ash vac direct from Woodland on Ebay.

Raven
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
you did business on Ebay? omg :shocked:

what is the world coming to? :hidin:
----------------------------------------------------------
oh um, hey? what model upc did you have...?

i might have one for ya... not sure yet tho
8 degrees tonight so i'm Not hunting it down yet.

might need just a push button replacement....is all
it's a real big one...

UserRemoved1
11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Was a APC 500 something. I had a coupon for Staples so ordered it there and will be here tomorrow. Thanks tho Craig.

Raven
11-18-2008, 06:37 PM
no probs... got your back....

ps wow! you have the proficiency of the replicators on S-G1
stargate command :)

when ya gonna build an android ?

or better yet a Cherry 2000 :btu:

ProfessorM
11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I was going to say that. Don't pour the whole bag in. Lots of sawdust in the bottom. Hell I have had whole bags where there was not more than 10 pellets in there , all sawdust. Years ago I would just throw them away but at 6 to 7 bucks a bag I make damn sure I bring them back for replacement. Doesn't happen all the time but usually 1 per ton is common. I am off to get a burn pot gasket and I will be firing it up today. It was snowing when I left work last nite on Cape, just flurries but still snow. Good luck.