View Full Version : swap !

saltydog
11-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Anyone up for a CHRISTMASS FLY SWAP:eek:
IF SO everyone will have to get everything to me by the DEC 13 to have by 25th that gives everyone 3 weeks to tie an mail. want in SIGNE-UP NOW

1.SALTYDOG

saltydog
11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
WELL no one wants new flys so Ill repost AFTER the HOLIDAYS
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:eek:

BillyBlanks
11-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Salty.....I'm in. What are you tying this year?

saltfly
11-27-2008, 11:06 PM
I'll say I'M IN but I think it will be better after the new year.We couldn't get the last one done a month after the due date.I'll even run it this time if you'd like "DOG"!!!

saltydog
11-28-2008, 09:55 AM
BEST to wait till after the HOLIDAYS, maby the 96 that read this will be in then:conf:
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN

B BLANKS
still converting classical atlantics to FLATWINGS will be taking a break shortly to get ready for the fly show.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN

BillM
12-07-2008, 04:41 PM
How does this work? How many do you have to tie?

saltfly
12-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Bill, it usually works along the lines of 12 people sign up by saying "I'm in".Then you tie 13 flies of the same pattern and send them to the person who started the swap with a prepayed self addressed envelope[like a bubble-pak one].A time limit is involved like 2wks-1mth with a "DUE DATE"[this sometimes becomes an issue] to get them to the swapmaster.Then when he/she gets all twelve sets of flies the swpmstr fills the return envelopes with a fly from each of the twelve.the extra flies are sometimes donated to a raffle[if one is going on at the time] or the swpmstr gets them for the work involved.The fly "to be tyed" is determined at the beginning.

BillM
12-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Alright Saltydog, I'm in. Tell me what to make so I can go get materials.

saltfly
12-09-2008, 10:33 PM
after the new year we'll be tossing around ideas here on what we'll tie.so enjoy the holidays.no need to add to the shopping list.the fly shows are coming:soon: so the "itch" will spread pretty quickly.I for one will be looking at the wrapping papers,bows,tree trimming stuff for ideas.All this goes on sale after so look for bargains.That's my little tip.:uhuh:

BillM
12-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I may be getting very busy after Jan 1 st. I think I will pick a pattern now and get started. I am new to it but I have some old books and some materials. Do you guys use any special hooks for salt water? Any requests for the pattern?