View Full Version : Happy Turkey Day!!!

Fisherwoman
11-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi All, just wanted to wish you all a happy thanksgiving, I know its a few days early but we are heading to PA for bambi season tomorrow and just wanted to put the well wishes out to you all. May you all be safe this holiday season.

Just a note as I am a little sad!!! But give love and thanks this holiday as life is just too short!!! our family lost an old family friend and his wife down in PA the other day to a car accident. God be with their family on Thanksgiving!!!

bloocrab
11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Happy Thanksgiving !

Rocco34520
11-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

gone fishin
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to All and a special remembrance and prayer for all who are fighting for our freedom. :thanks:

Crafty Angler
11-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Day to you too! :uhuh:

The older I get, the more I appreciate the family and friends I still have around me - and the simple pleasures of good company and comfort are often the best -

Enjoy - and good luck with the hunt! :kewl:

Raider Ronnie
11-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Happy holidays Jules.
Very sorry for the loss of your friends and you are right "life is too short"

The Iceman 6
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

eelskimmer
11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
and bring me back a couple of tails. I am into tying
my own bucktails now. Canny Scotsman that I am.
See ya on the beach.

Plum Crazy
11-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

BigBo
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry for your loss Jules. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

TheSurfcaster
11-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Day to you too! :uhuh:

The older I get, the more I appreciate the family and friends I still have around me - and the simple pleasures of good company and comfort are often the best -

Enjoy - and good luck with the hunt! :kewl:

Give me time with my family, wife, son, daughter and my five grandkids.

As far as presents go forget me, I'd much rather see and enjoy watching my grandkids open and enjoy theirs. Of course I'd love to be on the beach fishing with them also but in warmer weather.

Like it's been said before, "Life is short, enjoy each and every day -you don't know what tomorrow brings"

Happy Thanksgiving!

JohnR
11-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Jules!

Sorry to hear on the loss of your friends

InTheHole
11-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Fisherwoman
11-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks Everybody, we are hittin the road now should get in PA about 4 in the morning. Hope you all have a great thanksgivin and god bless our troops out there away from there families this holiday season.

I will let ya know how I make out with bambi, and those of you who are interested in deer tails I will have plenty coming in late dec and Januaury.

FishermanTim
11-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Have a great Thanksgiving Day.

The "holiday season" for me is a time to remember your friends, and forget your differences. I come from a large family, and I'm the only one that has really spent time with my father's brothers that lived up north. Sadly, my dad is gone, as is his older brother, but they were here to see something that they bothed loved: My dad saw the Pats win their first superbowl, and his brother FINALLY got to see the Sox take the World Series.
So to re-emphasize: treasure the time and loved ones you can, as there are no schedules for when things happen and when people pass on. Oh, and make sure to teach a child, be it fishing, cooking, juggling or even yodelling. Traditions were meant to be passed on, so let's keep them alive!

BEETLE
11-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Jules + Bill, Good luck with the "Holiday hunt" back home, say hi to your Parents for me.

MakoMike
11-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

tautog
11-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow, Rockhound is doing an old fashioned tradition
Baked Stuffed Tautog (also having Turkey and the trimmings)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Zeno
11-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Happy Thanksgiving !
For me ,its a day to remember,say a prayer and raise a toast to those who serve in armed forces. Whille we enjoy the family feasts,they are risking their lives to keep America safe and free.
God Bless Our Troops

jimmy z
11-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry to here of your loss. God be with the family.

May all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving to all.

Jenn
11-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Sorry for your loss Jules.....but may those moments in woods heal the soul.....

surfcrazy1
11-26-2008, 08:16 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE
:buds:

Clammer
11-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I wish everyone here & there a great day tomorrow >>. take time to enjoy /But also to reflect back on things ; we live in the greatest country on this earth .. & remember those men & woman that have fought /many giving their lives so we may have a THANKGIVING DAY ........... slow down ENJOY what you have / no matter how large or small it is /
But >.not just tomorrow / stop & think about the ones you love / friends & family / enjoy them NOW .. If there is something you want to say to a special person it your life >please say it ;;
be it > your a true friend :: your a hot %$%$%$%$ .. but you care .or keep telling your love ones /that you love them /have them truly feel it .;;
Do it tonight/ tomorrow / & whenever you get a chance / by phone/ by card/ by e/m >.tex or in person ;;

don,t save it for another day ...... its not corny to tell someone how much they mean to you :::
do it now /because we never know when its gonna be too late ... & you can never get that chance back ;;
I thing too much sometimes >>but I,ll say it right now >>>>>>> I,ll never forget at least two things from the men & woman on this site .. [1] the two original trips to Cutty /& for reasons far from fishing & [2] the support & respect shown to my family & myself when I lost my wife/ friend/ lover/ fishing partner / & my kids lost their mom ;;
For that I will always hold dear to me & will never be forgotten

Give someone ya love .. a big hug for you & fot me ><><

sincerely MIKE

ilovetwofish
11-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Happy thanksgiving all, be safe and eat well.

BassDawg
11-27-2008, 06:10 AM
!!!Happy Thanksgiving Day, ALL!!!

Sorry for your losses Julie,
safe travels and good hunting!!

Crafty Angler
11-27-2008, 06:45 AM
I wish everyone here & there a great day tomorrow >>. take time to enjoy /But also to reflect back on things ; we live in the greatest country on this earth .. & remember those men & woman that have fought /many giving their lives so we may have a THANKGIVING DAY ........... slow down ENJOY what you have / no matter how large or small it is /
But >.not just tomorrow / stop & think about the ones you love / friends & family / enjoy them NOW .. If there is something you want to say to a special person it your life >please say it ;;
be it > your a true friend :: your a hot %$%$%$%$ .. but you care .or keep telling your love ones /that you love them /have them truly feel it .;;
Do it tonight/ tomorrow / & whenever you get a chance / by phone/ by card/ by e/m >.tex or in person ;;

don,t save it for another day ...... its not corny to tell someone how much they mean to you :::
do it now /because we never know when its gonna be too late ... & you can never get that chance back ;;
I thing too much sometimes >>but I,ll say it right now >>>>>>> I,ll never forget at least two things from the men & woman on this site .. [1] the two original trips to Cutty /& for reasons far from fishing & [2] the support & respect shown to my family & myself when I lost my wife/ friend/ lover/ fishing partner / & my kids lost their mom ;;
For that I will always hold dear to me & will never be forgotten

Give someone ya love .. a big hug for you & fot me ><><

sincerely MIKE

Thanks for that, Mike :claps:

I had to rush my wife to the hospital yesterday afternoon and sitting in the ER with her in so much pain made me do a lot of thinking. It also brought back a lot of pretty unpleasant memories for me of dealing with family illnesses.

Looks like she's gonna be there for a while - as long as she gets well is all I care about right now, we can cook a goddamned turkey anytime. I've never seen her that sick in the 30 years we've been together.

You know, it always amazes me how quickly things can change in the blinking of an eye. Tomorrow is promised to no one - I often say that, I've lived it and it still brings ya up short to be reminded of it.

Ultimately, it appears for now she's gonna be okay, it's just gonna take a while it seems.

I am gonna give her an extra big hug and a kiss and I'm gonna tell her it's from that nutty nice guy I often tell her about.

Happy Thanksgiving, pal - hope you have one of the best! :kewl:

Raven
11-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Happy turkey day Julie

You words are perfectly spoken Clammer..

Sorry to hear Mrs Crafty got ill Crafty...

hope she feels better real soon.

HESH2
11-27-2008, 07:20 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE-HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY

Hooper
11-27-2008, 08:44 AM
So sorry to hear of the loss of your friends Fisherwoman, it's hard no matter when it happens, even harder this time of year.

Happy Turkey, Guys and Gals!

fish4striper
11-27-2008, 09:10 AM
sorry for your loss Jules.. Happy Holidays to you and Bill

Happy Holidays everyone!

milo
11-27-2008, 09:38 AM
happy T-giving guys,enjoy your family and freinds...Mike take care of yourself you ole #$#$%^.....and Chuck take care of the wife