View Full Version : First Annual Bomba Bros Ice Fishing Tourney

RickBomba
11-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Date: Saturday, January 10, 2009
Place: East Brimfield Reservoir (2 miles from exit 9 on Mass Pike)
Time: 7 AM Start 3 PM Finish
Brought to you by the Bombas and Striped Bass.com

Come meet the Bombas for an ice fishing extravaganza. Entry fee is one custom, wood plug or $15 per person. Prizes for three largest bass and three largest pickeral, by weight (there will most likely be other participants who enter with cash, so pre-determined rules to follow).

John, please make this sticky!
Come one, come all, you gonna loose you plugs!

Please register with me via pm, as we get closer to the event, I will provide tournament rules, prizes, and directions. I am also guessing that there will be an impromptu awards ceremony at a local restaurant to follow.

We will be checking the ice in the weeks leading up to the event, but we were out there last year, same week, and there was 8-10" safe ice (pretty warm last year). If the ice is not safe, date will be pushed back.

Later,
Rick

Link to Mass Fishing License Information:
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/licensing/licensing_home.htm

There have also been requests for local lodging. There is a Quality Inn approximately 3/4 of a mile from the resevior with rooms @ $69 per night (I will be staying there Saturday night). Hotel info is as follows:

Quality Inn (MA169)
478 Main Street , Sturbridge, MA, US, 01566 | Phone: (508) 347-5141 Fax: (508) 347-2034

If the quality inn is booked, there are other motels within a mile of the site.

Super 8 Sturbridge
358 Main St
MA Pike Exit 9/I-84 exit 3B
Sturbridge, MA, 01566-1376 US $63.00 per night 1/2 mile past the quality inn

Motel 6 - Sturbridge, MA >> #4377
I-90 at exit #9/I-84 at Exit #3-B
408 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566
(508) 347-7327 $53.99 per night next to the Super 8

There is a Picadilly Pub Next to the Super 8, and the Oxhead Tavern next door, so everything will be very close.
Looking forward to a fun time to be had by all (and lodging and post-fishing fun within walking distance)!

PNG
11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Witches...

JohnR
11-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Oooooohhhhhh - this could be soooooo goood :tooth:

RickBomba
11-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Confirmed attendees:
sfoley78
RickBomba
Rappin Mikey
Matty L.
TDF
Tynan and brother?
John R
Seano and friends (4)
Brad
Vineyard Blues
Julie P. and friend
Rob Rockcrawler
good2hook, father and brother-in-law (Hemdukas)
Raven
redlite
In the Hole?

The Dad Fisherman
11-26-2008, 09:33 AM
This sounds like a plan......let me check the schedule 1st, but If I'm free I'm there.

tynan19
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Good Idea. I hope to make it. Should make an Ice Date too.

RickBomba
11-26-2008, 08:06 PM
OK Kids,
My lawyer past has drawn up the following rules for all to see and comment on, so we may make them final for consideration by the time of the tournament. For all that may attend, please read and comment, as any changes that will be made should be done ahead of time.
Please read the document carefully!

Rules are as follows:

Official Bomba Bros Ice Fishing Tournament Rules:

Fishing to begin as soon as horn is sounded (7 AM) and will proceed until tournament has ended at 3 PM, when the horn has sounded. Participants will have 5 minutes after the 3 PM Horn to weigh in all final fish. Any fish weighed in after 3:05 PM (time measured via Rick Bombardier’s cell phone) will be disqualified.

All participants must pay or surrender an entry fee equal to either one, custom made wooden striped bass fishing lure or $15. Entry fee must be paid prior to a participant placing a tip up or fishing rod in the water, or the participant will be disqualified. Fish cannot be weighed until the entry fee has been surrendered to the judges.

In no way are the persons Richard G. Bombardier, Jr. and/or Michael J. Bombardier responsible for the following areas, either personally or financially:
Personal injury to participants.
Requirement by Massachusetts State Law to be in possession of a valid Massachusetts Fishing License.
Personal conduct of participants.
Safety or welfare of any or all participants.

Official weigh in procedures are as follows:
All participants must bring prospective fish to the pre-determined weigh-station and be weighed by a pre-determined judge. Judges are appointed by Richard G. Bombardier, Jr. and/or Michael J. Bombardier. Any pre-determined judge has the explicit right to weigh fish and record results, and the judge’s findings shall be found to be comlpetely objective at time of weigh in. There shall be no challenge to judge’s said finding by a contestant, as contestants shall initial record along with judge weighing contestant's catch. Said judge will record the weight of the fish, and said judge’s record of weight shall stand toward and consideration of prize for the tournament.

Any prospective fish must be brought to the weigh-station alive. The fish will be weighed and the fish's weight recorded, along with the prospective angler’s name. Each weighed fish will then be put back into the ice at the weigh station, through a hole, immediately. Weighed fish may not be kept by an individual, unless subsequently marked by the judge, with a knife, which shall be done by severing the weighed fish’s tail, so the fish may be identified as not to be re-weighed.

All weighing shall be performed with a scale designated by Richard G. Bombardier, Jr. and/or Michael J. Bombardier.

Prizes shall be determined by the following criteria:
First Prize will be awarded to Largest Largemouth Bass, and will receive one prize blended as lures and cash.
Second Prize will be awarded to Largest Pickeral, and will receive one prize blended as lures and cash.
Third Prize will be awarded to Second Largest Bass, and will receive one prize blended as lures and cash.
Fourth Prize will be awarded to Third Largest Bass, and will receive one prize blended as lures and cash.
Fifth Prize will be awarded to Second Largest Pickeral, and will receive one prize blended as lures and cash.
Sixth Prize will be awarded to Third Largest Pickeral, and will receive one prize blended as lures and cash.
There will be a wild card prize awarded to largest perch and largest crappie. If these fish are not submitted, the prizes shall be drawn by raffle.

Fishing Rules:
A fish that is caught shall be submitted by the angler who plays the fish to the hole. Fish must be submitted by an individual who had physical hands on the line that brings the fish to the hole.

Fishing in teams in commonplace among ice fishing anglers; however, a fish may only be submitted by the angler that played the fish to the hole. .

If any person is suspected of team weigh-ins, they may be disqualified by Richard G. Bombardier, Jr. and/or Michael J. Bombardier.

It should be noted that the fisherman who played the fish to the hole must weigh the fish!

In conclusion:
I affirm that I am in compliance with this document.
I affirm that I accept all said rules of the tournament.
I will not hold either Richard G. Bombardier, Jr. or Michael J. Bombardier responsible for any disputes of this contract.
I will fish my hardest to win this tournament in a fair and true manner.

THESE RULES MAY BE UPDATED OR AMMENDED PRIOR TO THE START OF THE TOURNAMENT!

I HEREBY MAKE THIS DECLARATION TODAY

______________________________ ___________________
SIGNATURE DATE

Rappin Mikey
11-27-2008, 06:40 PM
1. It should be called "The First Annual S-B.com tourny"
2. You won't be able to see your flags until 6:30. And I think 9 hours on the ice will be plenty (especially if you have a long commute), so I'm recommending a 6:00am till 3:00pm time limit.
3. We should have a heaviest pan fish prize to make jigging fun.
4. I hope there is ice Jan 10th!

The Dad Fisherman
11-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Link for license wasn't good...this one works

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/licensing/licensing_home.htm

I have a couple of suggestions......Are you sure you want to do weight and not length...trying to keep them alive in the cold and then hiking a bucket of water across the ice to get them weighed in could result in a dead fish....especially if you get a really big pickerel or Bass.....maybe even do the Weight/Girth formula for each species.

What happens if I get a pike? Supposedly there are Pike and Muskie in that reservior. I would structure the awards more like

Biggest Bass (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Biggest Pickerel (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Biggest Crappie (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Biggest Perch (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Biggest Pike (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Biggest Muskie (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
****I doubt you'll ever give a 2nd prize for the last 2 but might as well offer it for consistency****

also one angler can only win 1 prize in a category, in other words if 1 angler has the 3 biggest Largemouth he can only get 1st prize, not all 3

Just some suggestions....you can do with them as you wish

Raider Ronnie
11-28-2008, 08:57 AM
You guys going to sit around singing

:laugha:

For some reason that sticks out in my mind from TFCTF night a few years back,
Maybe because you 2 sang that song most of the night !

RickBomba
11-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey Kev,
Yeah, supposedly. You catch a pike or muskie and we will make it worth your while... I think that we'll keep the pike and muskies out of the competition, though (been out there a million times, never seen anybody catch one).
Fish should be ok of brought to the weigh station in a bucket, very cold+low metabolism should be ok if they are in a bucket (we thought about this one already).
Depending on how many people show, we should be able to structure the prizes differently (especially for the panfish).
I really hope you come!!! Maybe bring the kids, too!
Later,
Rick
I do like the clause that an angler can only win one prize in one category, though.

The Dad Fisherman
11-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I really hope you come!!! Maybe bring the kids, too!

Looking good so far...Camping the last weekend in January and my smelt trip with my Bro-in-laws is looking like the weekend of the 16th.

as far as the kids....I'll be heading out around 3:30 to get there...they like ice fishing, but not that much :hihi:

maddmatt
12-03-2008, 12:08 PM
mikey....how do you work a pencil popper while icefishing? you must cut really big holes!!

Rappin Mikey
12-04-2008, 07:53 AM
twitch, twitch, twitch, pause...,twitch, twitch

Raven
12-04-2008, 08:04 AM
What's on the spit Pilgrim?

The Iceman 6
12-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Who are the Bomba Brothers? Outside chance Hesh2 and I will be in.

RickBomba
12-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Outside chance, my butt...hope you guys can make it...it's about an hour from the NY border.

reddfish24
12-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I know i'm new here but goo luck to all of you. remember drop shotting 4" senkos is a beautiful thing.

Rappin Mikey
12-15-2008, 09:55 AM
26 more days. Must get colder, must get colder.....

Van
12-15-2008, 03:18 PM
At this point in my life, I am about done ice fishing. Though I may go locally if my buddies force me.....REALLY force me. River smelting I'll go for sure, but hours out on a frozen lake.........Ahhhhhh.. not likely.

The reason I am posting is if anyone is interested, I am selling my power auger in the classifieds.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=53821

Posted with JR's permission.

RickBomba
12-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Very nice Van,
Although too bad you can't make it. As the date approaches we will need to decide if the ice (if any) will be safe enough for the date. Anybody have suggestions for Tynan's suggestion for an "ice date." Guessing people may be tied up the next weekend (MLK Weekend), so I'm guessing we'll need to make it for 1/24. Any input, kids?
Later,
Rick

RickBomba
12-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Forecast is looking good for safe ice on the 10th...we will keep you posted.

The Dad Fisherman
12-18-2008, 03:52 PM
The Planets have aligned.....I'm In

Raven
12-18-2008, 06:32 PM
I hope there is ice Jan 10th!

I was talkin to a buddy of mine that does allot of ice sailing

and he said that the res is the first lake to freeze
and not to worry..by Jan 10 :point: it'll be frozen solid

i'm hoping to attend this event too

redlite
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
have stick and skates- will travel----plan to see ya'll. Van Staal cold weather testing.

Slingah
12-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Im gonna try to give this a go if I can find a traveling companion...

tynan19
12-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Have to work at 3 but planning on fishing till 100 or so. Mike we can set up the sneakers and play one on one. We need Jim Sly, Iceman, Proffesor, who else? How much snow is on the pond? Makes for crappy ice.

RickBomba
12-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Drove by the Res today, ice looks good!

good2hook
12-29-2008, 08:02 PM
hows it looking for the 10th?
I was down in Royalston on Saturday and Sunday, they got temps in the upper 50's... Not good for ice making. I hope it happens. I won't be able to make it the other weekend:(

The Dad Fisherman
12-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Not to worry..cold weather is coming....gonna be in the teens at night for the next few days

RickBomba
12-30-2008, 03:20 PM
10 day forecast for Sturbridge. We should be fine! Directions to follow in the next few days.

Tonight
Dec 30

Snow Showers Late

35°
22°

50%

35°F

Wed
Dec 31

Snow

26°

100%

26°F

Thu
Jan 1

Partly Cloudy

22°
10°

0%

22°F

Fri
Jan 2

Snow Shower

32°
20°

50%

32°F

Sat
Jan 3

Few Snow Showers

29°
10°

30%

29°F

Sun
Jan 4

Partly Cloudy

27°
19°

10%

27°F

Mon
Jan 5

Partly Cloudy

32°
17°

10%

32°F

Tue
Jan 6

Mostly Cloudy

34°
24°

10%

34°F

Wed
Jan 7

Rain / Snow Showers

40°
22°

60%

40°F

Thu
Jan 8

Sunny

34°
19°

0%

34°F

Rob Rockcrawler
12-30-2008, 05:44 PM
The ice here in sturbridge melted completely sunday. I have a feeling the mojority of the lake will be iced over by this weekend. A few good days/nights and it should be good to go.

RickBomba
01-02-2009, 06:31 AM
I just checked the forecast again, looks like only a couple of days will get above freezing, with nighttime temps in the teens. Jan 10th will be a go!

Look for directions to follow, and motel info is in the first post of the thread.

Later,
Rick

RickBomba
01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Directions to Bomba Bro’s – SB.com First Annual Ice Fishing Tournament
From Points West:
Masspike to Exit 9, Sturbridge/I84
I84 South towards Hartford for 1.1 miles to exit 3B, Rt. 20 West
Follow Rt. 20 West for 2.4 miles to Brookfield Rd./MA148 on right
Take Right on Brookfield Rd./MA 148 for 1.1 miles, look for Champeaux Rd. on left
Take Left on Champeaux Rd, follow to end, parking is available in lot or on Champeaux Rd.
We will be fishing the Northern Portion of the Reservior (towards Masspike)

From Points East:
Masspike to Exit 9, Sturbridge/I84
I84 South towards Hartford for 1.1 miles to exit 3B, Rt. 20 West
Follow Rt. 20 West for 2.4 miles to Brookfield Rd./MA148 on right
Take Right on Brookfield Rd./MA 148 for 1.1 miles, look for Champeaux Rd. on left
Take Left on Champeaux Rd, follow to end, parking is available in lot or on Champeaux Rd.
We will be fishing the Northern Portion of the Reservior (towards Masspike)

If lost, call Rick at (781)439-1918 or Mikey at (413)210-8491

Tournament to begin at 6 AM on 1/10/08 and will finish at 3 PM.

Rob Rockcrawler
01-03-2009, 04:43 AM
There is a bait shop on Rt 20 in sturbridge. He should be open around 6, i will check his hours. Best bet for parking is to park at Micnucks Market on the right, it is hard to miss. Its about .5 miles before you get to 148. Park there and walk east 2 buildings, its the sportsman cellar. He is a cranky guy but has the only shiners in town.

Raven
01-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Ravens Eye view :)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/BrimfieldRES3.jpg

The Dad Fisherman
01-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Is that "X" where the big fish are? :hee:

Raven
01-03-2009, 11:25 AM
that's where just " i " was thinking Rick meant we were all fishing so i went to check out an alternate parking spot
for a vehicle or two at the upper yellow arrow and almost
got stuck... in the snow there... the lower yellow arrow is a parking lot there just past ...the fishing area for plenty of people to park and the rest can park along side the res.

i am still determining where the biggens are LOL

RickBomba
01-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Guys, tournament to start at 7 AM, not 6 as originally planned. I am going to be staying at the Super 8 and will be going down Friday night.

The Dad Fisherman
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
What the scoop on Grub...any thoughts??

Raven
01-05-2009, 05:28 AM
i asked that TDF but it didn't register doh

because it was a line from Jeremiah Johnson

hey kev , did ya find your half barrel yet?

RickBomba
01-05-2009, 06:45 AM
I'll be bringing my grill with some sausages and stuff. I hear Marky's going to br bringing some venison. I'm sure that Mikey and our friend Shawno will bring some grub as well. Fell free to bring whatever, as I'm sure there will be no shortage of grills!
Later,
Rick
PS-Early dinner to follow at the Picadilly for those who would like to attend, as well.

JohnR
01-05-2009, 07:58 AM
OK - recommendations for the ice noob

What to bring?

License?
Boots -v- ?
Clothing?
Etcetera...

Getting pretty psyched :lm::lm:

Raven
01-05-2009, 08:07 AM
i recommend bringing a folding chair or plastic chair

extra gloves in case you get yours wet !
and extra dry socks if you sweat yours out

ideally bring a small piece of tuffr insulation sheathing
like styrene board to put your feet on while sitting..
if you have some

i'll be bringing a wire mesh patio table Round ....

sunglasses as it's bright ...prolly light flurries tho
no sun... but it keeps snow/wind out of your eyes

helps to have an ice strainer to to keep holes clear

The Dad Fisherman
01-05-2009, 08:26 AM
OK - recommendations for the ice noob

What to bring?

License?
Boots -v- ?
Clothing?
Etcetera...

Getting pretty psyched :lm::lm:

You definitely want to get your license....just pick up a 3 day if you aren't planning on fishing in MA any more this year..here's the link to get it online.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/licensing/licensing_online.htm

I sent you a PM on clothing, I know it was long winded but plenty of info there.....best thing you can do for your self is wear good waterproof boots and wool socks....everything else is just layers to keep you warm.

and bring a spare set of dry clothes incase you end up joining the polar bear club..you never know...

Rick, If I can talk the Mrs. into taking a ride for me I'll bring some of that Sausage that I bring to Cutty for the grill.

The Dad Fisherman
01-05-2009, 08:28 AM
hey kev , did ya find your half barrel yet?

Yeah, Mike (FishingFreak) fixed me up with a couple of barrels.....perfect size for a small firepit

Raven
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
just so there's no confushion in names

it's known locally as

long pond

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.112979000000003,-72.131799000000001+(East+Brimfield+Reservoir)&t=p&z=10&f=d (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.112979000000003,-72.131799000000001+%28East+Brimfield+Reservoir%29&t=p&z=10&f=d)

this the fish and game version of the map

link, ok

RickBomba
01-05-2009, 12:04 PM
JR,
Waterproof warm boots a must. Change of socks, great idea. Waterproof pants with layers. Good idea to put your korkers over your boots, as well. Aside from that, like the boys sais, bring a chair, maybe some food, beverage of choice, I have neoprene gloves which are nice to handle the fish with, but don't keep you warm at all. Dress warmer than you think, as there is a lot of sitting around. Definately get your 3 day license. You'll need tip-ups and shiners too. You can probably borrow somebody's auger to drill holes. Aside from that, there's a lot of people who are getting pretty exited for this...I am pshyched!!!:fishslap:
Me and the boys will be going out Friday night after work, my number is 781 439 1918 in case you get lost.
Remeber, when you get there, walk out to the front of my truck, down the hill, take a left when you hit the ice, and keep walking till you find me (or not, is ok).
Later,
Rick

RickBomba
01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Very Nice Kevin,
As you know, no one loves the sausage more than my brother!:happy:

FishermanTim
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
I would suggest getting an ice thickness measurement, so that you won't potentially have 6-10 guys standing together on 5 inches of ice.:conf:
You may want to remind people of the state's "ice safety tips" for anyone new to ice fishing.

here is the short version:
Ice Thickness (inches) Permissible Load
(clear, blue, lake ice)

2" or less STAY OFF!
4" Ice fishing or other activities on foot
5" Snowmobile or ATV
8" - 12" Car or small pickup truck
12" - 15" Medium truck

white (or non-clear ice) 1/2 that of clear ice
Frozen slush " " " "

When we have a thaw / freeze cycle like we have had recently, any snow cover on the ice may just be ice-crusted and should be tested for safety. Trust me, you DO NOT want to join the polar bear club by accident.

For the ice rookies (or less experienced) regardless of whether it's warm or cold, the ice will make noise. Popping and cracking is going to happen, but as long as the temps are cold, it ususally means that ice is forming, not the opposite.

Ice fishing is one outdoor sport where you prepare for an accident every time you head out. Thankfully it's preparation and not reaction.

Hope you all have a great time, and may the call "FLAG!!!" be heard from shore to shore.

Raven
01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
depth of spot = 5 feet

i'm bringing a rope anyways

safety first

FishermanTim
01-05-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm an avid ice fisherman, and have been for 5+ years.
I haven't gone through the ice, and (knock on wood) I don't plan on doing so. Just the same, I always bring a change of clothes and a blanket in my truck and always wear my ice spikes thru each sleeve just as an added measure.

There have been quite a few tragedies this season where people ventured out on unsafe ice without ever checking. eVEN IF I have a CONFIRMED report regarding a specific body of water, I'm going to drill a test hole to verify the thickness.

RickBomba
01-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Tim,
Thanks for the advice. I am sure that with the temps in high central-western mass that we will be in good shape by the weekend (otherwise I would have called this off two weeks ago). This is a spot we have fished regularly for many years, and I myself keep date, temp, and thickness logs. I try not to talk about swimming in the winter, but prepare for it quite seriously, if you know what I mean.
Maybe join us next year?
Later,
Rick

FishermanTim
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Believe me, if I didn't have to head up north this weekend, I'd be there.
Oddly enough, I'm helping my brother build a bobhouse for us to use during those chilly days on Lake Winnipesaukee.
I'm getting to a point where roughing it is starting to take its toll.

I hope you all have a blast, and hopefully you'll get some greenhorns hooked on the ice as well as you have on saltwater fishing.
(I already have gotten my brother "hooked" and have a hand full of junior aglers (nieces /nephews) that are showing interest as well.)

Heck, maybe someone will get a "pin" qualifying fish?

RickBomba
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Bobhouse.....must resist urge! Good luck this weekend!
Rick

Raven
01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
i take it......... a Bobhouse is an Ice shack ?

The Dad Fisherman
01-06-2009, 11:09 AM
looking like the weather is going to be pissah :kewl:.....30 with a little light snow falling to add to the day. not much accumulation but enough to make everything enjoyable

RickBomba
01-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Just heard marky and the western mass crew are out.:crying:

tynan19
01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Anyone bringing kids? My son wants to come and if it is starting later I think it will be fun for him.

good2hook
01-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone bringing kids? My son wants to come and if it is starting later I think it will be fun for him.my wifes parents are from Royalston. She's coming down with me and my 5 yr.old son. And Bro in law has 2 kids @ the same age. The wives might show up later on in the day. Not 100% certain, but a very good chance. If that helps any:o

InTheHole
01-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Anyone bringing kids? My son wants to come and if it is starting later I think it will be fun for him.

I am trying to juggle around work/hockey games Sat. to see if I can go, If every thing works out I'll have my 3 boys with me (5, 8 and 12) But I won't know until the end of the day Friday.

Rob Rockcrawler
01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I have an ice report from about 5 miles from hamilton rez. ITs 5.5 inches, top inch is white the rest is nice and black. That was about 20' from shore in 8' of water. Its a bit on the slippery side too. Added another crack to my ass on the second step.

tynan19
01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
I am trying to juggle around work/hockey games Sat. to see if I can go, If every thing works out I'll have my 3 boys with me (5, 8 and 12) But I won't know until the end of the day Friday.

Good my son is almost 6.

TDF what about you?

The Dad Fisherman
01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
No Kids for me......I don't need to battle my daughter to get her out of bed at 4 AM....:af:

tynan19
01-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Well it starts at 7a now.

The Dad Fisherman
01-07-2009, 10:40 AM
hour and a 1/2 ride for me....need to be on the road by 5........trust me, she is NOT a morning person.

besides they are also older and aren't in the "Hanging with Dad is the Best" mode anymore.....only one that greets me at the door when I come home now is the Cat :hihi:

She's 12 and he'll be 15 in 2 weeks....goes by fast....enjoy it while you can.

The Dad Fisherman
01-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Just a reminder....don't forget to get your licenses....Just got mine online.....takes all of 2 minutes.

Raven
01-07-2009, 02:52 PM
for the whole year...:love:

spent some money on some rain proof pants
that that will cut out any wind chill... ect.

and cut some new snow boot liners (insoles)
out of some silver foiled
bubble wrap. :grins: peeled in half

got some mini kivers :point: for bait too

Gearing up... built a new jiggin stick too...

Kevin do you have any trash can liner plastic BAGS

ten gallon size that will fit a tall 5 gallon bucket?

tynan19
01-07-2009, 03:33 PM
The craziness gets worse?

RickBomba
01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
The craziness gets worse?
My parents are still saying this. I am 37 and Mikey's 34.

RickBomba
01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Come on...nobody else is going to join us???:hs::lasso::call:

good2hook
01-07-2009, 08:19 PM
rick, you're 37?, wouldn't of guessed a day over 30. with those "back street boys" look ya got goin.:wave:
lookin forward to seeing you my friend. it's been awhile.

The Dad Fisherman
01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I can't wait....I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be bringing a camera too....get some pics

InTheHole
01-08-2009, 09:10 AM
The Littleton crew is in for Saturday, my kids want to know if Kombat Ice Fishing rule apply?http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/images/smilies/jestera.gif
:jester:
This is my little guy from last year, he's ready for anything from a hockey game to an attack from his older brothers and if a muskie jumps out of that hole he's prepared

The Dad Fisherman
01-08-2009, 09:45 AM
That is a Great Pic....

RickBomba
01-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Anybody have any input into kids entering th econtest? I never gave any thought into kids entry fee or kids prizes?

Raven
01-08-2009, 09:55 AM
The Littleton crew is in for Saturday, my kids want to know if Kombat Ice Fishing rule apply?http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/images/smilies/jestera.gif
:jester:
This is my little guy from last year, he's ready for anything and if a muskie jumps out of that hole he's prepared

Little JEDI :wave:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/Jedi.jpg

InTheHole
01-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Raven: that's a riot... he'll get a kick out of that thanks

As far as kids entering, Rick I sent you a pm. But if it is within the rules I figured a plug from each kid as an entry fee, no special consideration / category / prize needed.

The Dad Fisherman
01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Kids are free.....

The Dad Fisherman
01-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Very Nice Kevin,
As you know, no one loves the sausage more than my brother!:happy:

Sausage has been confirmed......my wife is picking it up today for us. :kewl:

RickBomba
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Kids are free.....

I was thinking more in the lines of the JR. division. ITH's kids are gonna fish like the big kids, though.:btu:

Rules, rules, rules...maybe next year I should make it "Chinese Downhill" style, be a lot more fun.

Can't wait to see everybody, getting antsy!

Later,
Rick

Raven
01-08-2009, 01:33 PM
me too.... :rolleyes:

RickBomba
01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
me too.... :rolleyes:

I got the fever, and the only cure is more cowbell!!
I mean ice fishing.

The Dad Fisherman
01-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Rick, is anyone going to have a grill there saturday? If not I can plan accordingly for grub

FishermanTim
01-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I mean ice fishing.

You can never have too much cowbell.

Sea Dangles
01-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Brokeback Fishing Tournament; 1st Edition

InTheHole
01-08-2009, 04:15 PM

Wait - a - minute, nobody told me this was one of those tournaments!!
Please tell me we won't be gathering around the Rainbow Flag
(not that there's anything wrong with that)....
:scream:

good2hook
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
any word on the condition of the ice?

RickBomba
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM

OOH, now there's a thought. Chris, you must definately be planning to attend now.:devil2:

Hemdukas, I hear there was 5.5 inches on Tuesday, guessing that with the next cold snap we should be around 7".

InTheHole
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Anyone think it's worth throwing in the skates and sticks ?

RickBomba
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Rick, is anyone going to have a grill there saturday? If not I can plan accordingly for grub

Cleaning up my grill tonight.

nightfighter
01-08-2009, 09:39 PM

Cowbell? Whazzat?

RickBomba
01-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Famous Blue Oyster Cult SNL skit with Chris Walken. He plays a producer obsessed with cowbell. Will Ferrel is the cowbell player.
So, during the taping of "Don't Fear the Reaper" he keeps calling for Will to play more cowbell.
Hence the phrase, "I've got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell!"
Later,
Rick

tynan19
01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Anyone think it's worth throwing in the skates and sticks ?

I am bringing mine, my bro can bring his and I will have skates for my son. See what the ice looks like though.

RickBomba
01-08-2009, 10:12 PM
You boys better keep them feet warm...gonna be 10 at 6 AM, only up to 23 at 2 PM...brrrrrrrrrrr.
Ice might be ok for skating.
Later,
Rick

Rappin Mikey
01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
If we are not in the parking lot, we will be setting up camp in front of the penninsula adjacent to the parking lot.

The Dad Fisherman
01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
You boys better keep them feet warm...gonna be 10 at 6 AM, only up to 23 at 2 PM...brrrrrrrrrrr.
Later,
Rick

Got the 0 degree longjohns, wool socks, Goofy hat, and the flannel lined jeans. I should be toasty.....

Borrowed the troops jetboil stove and coffee pot so i can boil water for hot chocolate and cider on the ice.

gear is all set, made a couple of pairs of Ice Picks, Sausage/peppers/onions/rolls are bought, picking up bait on the way home tonight.

Da Wife is working at the liqour store today and picking me up some "Treats" :hee:

In the famous words of Al Bundy..."Lets Rock"

InTheHole
01-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Man, it's gonna be a long day at work....

Raven
01-09-2009, 10:28 AM
If we are not in the parking lot, we will be setting up camp in front of the penninsula adjacent to the parking lot.

heh heh

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/poncho.jpg

Rappin Mikey
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Bringing over some deer meat to my buddies so he can season it tonight. Got some hot venassin sausages to boot. I'll have a few extra type if someone needs them.

Raven
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM
i have a flat black iron skillet :musc:

Raven
01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
ya know we have a full moon and a storm is coming in tomorrow afternoon
delivering 6 to 10 inches of new snow.

should be interesting !!!

tynan19
01-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Bait swimming in garage, tilts are prepped and ready. Jut got to make sure I wake up. How are we setting up? Everyone where ever or did the Bombas already set their holes.

Raven
01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
pm me if you want one... (need One)

oh and it's a full moon in the sign of cancer :happy:

great for fishing and no wonder a storm is brewing

FishermanTim
01-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Later,
Rick

I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but I am dragging my brother out onto a local pond in NH to freeze his a$$ off.:err:
I hope you have a fantastic turnout.
You should have some kind of "goofy" prize for first flag/fish or the largest clump of weeds pulled thru the hole.:bl:

Rappin Mikey
01-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Just for the record I think the prize system needs to be simplified. Ricky is going to need a calculator to figure things out. I am placing the job of prize distribution solely on my brother. This is his baby after all. Next year we gotta coordinate better to get some of dem turkey boys to go!!

Rappin Mikey
01-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Tynan, the place is huge with multiple sections. I'm sending you a PM.

tynan19
01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Mike.

Raven, I should be good but thanks for the offer. More worried about my bro. Now off to bed.

TheSpecialist
01-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow must have been a late one, no posts, everyone still sleeping??
:eyes:

The Dad Fisherman
01-11-2009, 10:49 AM
I think they went back out on the ice this morning....they were there for the weekend

JohnR
01-11-2009, 03:51 PM
T - Classic with your son and the crackers... Remember those well with my Liam :rotfl:

tynan19
01-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Yep, If I wasn't driving that would have been me. Slingah moved the pics for me into Mikey's thread. Give me a SUPER PUSH! arrrgh.

kubota3130
01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Tynan
Don't mean to hijack the thread

Nice Avatar got the all clear from the Doc about my back, heading to Rangeley next weekend