View Full Version : The bass are still here!

ilovetwofish
11-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I know of 8 keepers caught in the last 12 hours and tons of schoolies.Sorry I'm not telling were but I will say as far south as you can get in R.I. So if your hoping for 1 last outing with a chance to hookup this could be it.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Duke41
11-27-2008, 08:26 AM
thanks man I was gettingthe itch

Mike P
11-27-2008, 10:27 AM
I know of 8 keepers caught in the last 12 hours and tons of schoolies.Sorry I'm not telling were but I will say as far south as you can get in R.I. !

Boy, that's really playing it close to the vest :jester: Even this M%$%$%$%$%$%$%$ knows what you're talking about

zimmy
11-27-2008, 09:35 PM
must be somewhere on block island? :)

Crafty Angler
11-28-2008, 12:48 AM
must be somewhere on block island? :)

Exactly - right between Black Rock and The Snake Hole - but you didn't hear that from me if anyone asks :hihi:

piemma
11-28-2008, 04:42 AM
The level of stupidity displayed here sometimes amazes me. Bass have been swimming by SoCo for 2 months. Of course there was ONE school someone stumbled upon.....and, What, you think they are sitting in front of the Light waiting for you to show up 2 days later?

Duke41
11-28-2008, 07:04 AM
The level of stupidity displayed here sometimes amazes me. Bass have been swimming by SoCo for 2 months. Of course there was ONE school someone stumbled upon.....and, What, you think they are sitting in front of the Light waiting for you to show up 2 days later?

geez that sounds kind of crabby.:rude:

piemma
11-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Come on, I'm just busting b$#*s. It's the Holidays. Everyone should be in a good mood.
If anyone wants to chase reports at the end of November, they should go and have a great time.:hidin:

Nebe
11-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Come on, I'm just busting b$#*s. It's the Holidays. Everyone should be in a good mood.

Then why arent you? :huh: :wave::hihi:

piemma
11-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh Nebe, since when did you develop thin skin?

spence
11-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Paulie's always grumpy when people are out catching fish and he ain't :lasso:

-spence

piemma
11-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Nice tie

Hope you are feeling better:wavey:

Crafty Angler
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
geez that sounds kind of crabby.:rude:

So what the hell is wrong with that :huh:

spence
11-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Nice tie

Hope you are feeling better:wavey:
Should have seen me at dinner last night...Cashmere jacket, Brioni shirt...bright blue lace up bootie on my bad foot :tooth:

-spence

Nebe
11-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Should have seen me at dinner last night...Cashmere jacket, Brioni shirt...bright blue lace up bootie on my bad foot :tooth:

-spence

You know spence.. just because your a corn husker living in new england doesnt mean you have to re-enact the pilgrim experience..

Oh and you completely ruined my thanksgiving yesterday.. I was reminded on several occasions about your cooking last year....:smash:

spence
11-28-2008, 10:13 AM
You know spence.. just because your a corn husker living in new england doesnt mean you have to re-enact the pilgrim experience..

Oh and you completely ruined my thanksgiving yesterday.. I was reminded on several occasions about your cooking last year....:smash:

Corn Huskers are from Nebraska you fool. I'm from Iowa...

-spence

The Iceman 6
11-28-2008, 10:16 AM
We did filet mignon and lobster this year, was the best Thanksgiving I can remember.

Nebe
11-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Corn Huskers are from Nebraska you fool. I'm from Iowa...

-spence

nebraska... Iowa... whats the difference.. :buds:

ilovetwofish
11-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey piemma! you sound like some old grummpy guy I wanted to push off the rocks in gansett 1 day this fall.I'm just busting balls it's the (holidays right).Anyway I think we all know that the bass are not going to be in one spot, ecspecially this time of year. Your lucky if you even stumble upon a school this time of year.I think it's nice to hear somebody is still fishing and catching to give other people a little hope this late in the year.Maybe your just jealous that your not catching.Oops sorry just kidding again!Happy Thanksgiving and merry christmas.

GattaFish
11-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I know of 8 keepers caught in the last 12 hours and tons of schoolies.Sorry I'm not telling were but I will say as far south as you can get in R.I. So if your hoping for 1 last outing with a chance to hookup this could be it.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Not sure what your talking about,,, there have not been fish there ALL year...:1poke:

The Dad Fisherman
11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
nebraska... Iowa... whats the difference.. :buds:

in Iowa they refer to there moonshine by Vintage

RIROCKHOUND
11-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey piemma! you sound like some old grummpy guy I wanted to push off the rocks in gansett 1 day this fall.

Well,
Even though I have wanted to throw PIemma in a few times myself, I will say Lovetwofish, he has most certainly caught more fish than most...

fishingaddict
11-28-2008, 02:39 PM
last year about this time after thanksgiving i was still going to rhode island killing it. i saw the biggest blitz of my life. but this year has been alittle slow and the fish are very spotty. well at least that what it seems like to me but i was also fishing every weekend last year and i barely got out half as much this year. whatever i just can't wait for norwich it's fun on light gear and its half the distance for me than rhode island. for everyone out there still trying good luck and catch one for me. lol

piemma
11-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey piemma! you sound like some old grummpy guy I wanted to push off the rocks in gansett 1 day this fall.I'm just busting balls it's the (holidays right).Anyway I think we all know that the bass are not going to be in one spot, ecspecially this time of year. Your lucky if you even stumble upon a school this time of year.I think it's nice to hear somebody is still fishing and catching to give other people a little hope this late in the year.Maybe your just jealous that your not catching.Oops sorry just kidding again!Happy Thanksgiving and merry christmas.

Anyway, I should have know better than to post a toungue in cheek response. I suppose that you do need hope at this time of year as you probably haven't caught "a keeper" (isn't that what you called them?) all year.

Me, I have 200 bass over 20# 60 over 30# this year alone so..... :jump:

basswipe
11-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Anyway, I should have know better than to post a toungue in cheek response. I suppose that you do need hope at this time of year as you probably haven't caught "a keeper" (isn't that what you called them?) all year.

Wow.You must be proud of yourself:rolleyes:.

And yes you should've known better.Nobody likes a braggart.Nobody.Act your age maybe?

Just joking!!!!

spence
11-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Ok, now that's grumpy.

-spence

piemma
11-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Wow.You must be proud of yourself:rolleyes:.

And yes you should've known better.Nobody likes a braggart.Nobody.Act your age maybe?

Just joking!!!!

That's the difference! I know you are just joking.:hihi:

basswipe
11-28-2008, 04:31 PM
That's the difference! I know you are just joking.:hihi:

Zackly.

Best to you and yours' this season.

piemma
11-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Right back at you. All the best to you and your family.

The Iceman 6
11-28-2008, 06:15 PM
iLove2Fish -

Thought it was a great report. If I were a resident of SoCo I would of been happy to receive it and spent and hour or two down there, why not? Yes, they are prob. looong gone "but' why not?

spence
11-28-2008, 06:26 PM
in Iowa they refer to there moonshine by Vintage

This may surprise you, but in Iowa we think of Nebraska as that really flat state with no people.

-spence

Crafty Angler
11-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey, Spence -

Aren't people who hail from Iowa called "Hoovers" ?

I thought that's what I remembered about it anyway...

I was going to go to grad school at Ames - decided not to, too much dirt and not enough water for me. That was more than a few years ago - probably don't have much more water now, I would guess.

Nebe
11-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Iowa is actually the hawkeye state.. but corn husker sounds sort of derogitory.. I mean, if RI's state motto was 'the clam shuckers' I dont think i would live here.

I'm more about 'the show me' state :hihi:

Crafty Angler
11-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey, as far as I'm concerned I'd be proud to be associated with that noble mollusk as a motto - and a state mascot too for that matter.

It's like we used to say, there's only 2 things that come from Rhode Island - queers and quahogs.

And I don't see any shells on your back, ya big bi-valve :rotflmao:

spence
11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey, Spence -

Aren't people who hail from Iowa called "Hoovers" ?
I might just have to kill you.

I was going to go to grad school at Ames - decided not to, too much dirt and not enough water for me. That was more than a few years ago - probably don't have much more water now, I would guess.
Generally speaking the Squaw Creek which runs through the center of town is about 15-20' wide and 3' deep, so no, there's not a lot of water.

Although in 1993 when I was in school the Squaw Creek got a tad bigger. 500 year floods...

-spence

ilovetwofish
11-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I bow to you! You are the king of bass fishing you got me beat, good for you!I was not bragging about what I caught, because I didn' catch those 8 keepers. I know of them being caught which is what I said from the begining. I'm not going to get into a girly arguement with you or anybody on here.I do think some people like to here reports every now and then.TROUBLEMAKER!

cheferson
11-28-2008, 11:49 PM

Boat fish dont count:1poke: :)

Crafty Angler
11-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Boat fish dont count:1poke: :)

Oh no you ditn't.......:hidin:

Crafty Angler
11-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Okay, here we go...

I was in the bar business for 25 years starting my illustrious career at the Bon Zoo in Pt Judith. That was my alma mater - I pretty much learned everything I needed to know in life there. And at times it could get a little...uhhh...rough when Kenny Lyons and Tombstone were playing and I found myself smack ass in the middle of more than a couple of good barroom brawls.

Which is my way of saying I'm gonna vault the bar and put myself square in the middle of this one. I never was a big guy but absolutely nuts counts for a lot when the sheiser hits the fan. And most people realize it's not smart to #### with a crazy person.

Anyway.....

ILT2F, piemma's had more saltwater in his socks than you've been on in your life. Nobody here denies you your passion for the sport - it's how we all got to where we are today. It's a demanding pursuit, mentally and physically and success comes at a stiff price in terms of time and committments that you will find yourself putting aside. Read #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'s 'Darkside' post if you haven't already. It says a lot about that aspect of it. Believe me, Piemma has paid the cost on that count from what I know about him.

It's easy to hide behind a screen name and you often find that somebody with a handle like 'Crusty Grizzled Surfcaster' is actually some kid in his late teens or early 20's who has picked up a lot from fishing mags and the Internet and sounds like he knows his stuff. The older guys will pick up on that in a heartbeat and in most cases just let it slide while they shake their heads.

Paul, don't let yourself get trolled - you can't tell anyone a thing if they're not gonna listen to the point behind it. I don't know if you remember what it was like to be young or not :hihi: I do, but it's a little vague at this point. Although I never dissed my fishing elders - I wasn't brought up that way and I realized early on there was a helluva lot to be gleaned from them if you gave them their due respect and didn't ask dumbass questions on the 'where or when' aspect. If they saw you were earnest, respectful and flailed away religiously, they might take pity on you and throw you a crumb. That's how it used to work before the Internets, anyway. And that's how the very best today got where they are. The knowledge was passed down by the elders of the sport.

Now it's amazing that those guys are us by virtue of age if nothing else. Pt Jude Joe and I were talking back in the Fall and he said 'Hey remember all those old guys we used to see around the Drive talking in the parking lot? We're them.'

That point in time Joe talked about was when the name 'sharpie' was used with no hint of irony.

IL2F, this isn't reverse age-ism on my part because of what I suspect is your youth. It still works that way in a sense - regardless of what you'll pick up from the internet, if you befriend one of the senior members here, you stand a chance of getting more insight into the sport than you'll ever see posted here. Believe me, guys that worked that hard for it aren't gonna spill it all into cyberspace. Fishing is perhaps the only sport in which your game actually improves with age.

I'm not saying that there aren't younger guys that I don't have a lot of deep respect for. There's one in particular here on the Island that I admire and in this game he's gonna go far if he so chooses. He's polite, respectful and has worked his butt off for everything he's gotten. He didn't do it the easy way because he realized there wasn't one. He's decked a lot of impressive fish when few others have. And he'd never dream of getting up in somebody's grille. He is a young sharpie - and one day he'll be the guy others will turn to to learn. That is the way it's supposed to work.

Well, that's good for now - I've got stuff to do.

Looks like we might've broken it up for a while anyway.... not too many smashed barstools around that I can see....:hihi:

Okay, shake hands, everybody up to the bar - I'll buy :cheers2:

Slingah
11-29-2008, 08:06 AM
this thread is low on content & those fish are long gone....
I'm going to close this up so it doesnt become one of those famous winter wars....bossman can open if he likes

JohnR
11-29-2008, 09:12 AM
this thread is low on content & those fish are long gone....
I'm going to close this up so it doesnt become one of those famous winter wars....bossman can open if he likes

Nahh... I just read this start to finish and you're right, low on content :laughs:, stays closed..

Besides, I hammered choggies on topwater at the Ditch, breaking choggies ya know