View Full Version : One Last Shot....

STEVE IN MASS
12-08-2002, 02:39 PM
....ended up with a skunk.....Westerly to C-Town early this AM....

Saw some birds sort of working at Weekapaug, but an hour and a half of bait and plugs produced zilch....

Hit C-Town about 9:30....of course, birds going nuts on the other side from when I got there till about 10:30.....:af:....I wanted to swim across.....

There's still fish out there, or at least bait fish........

Saw two seals at C-town.....

Was good to at least get out, as it was a beautiful AM.....although fishless, and not another soul fishing at all the spots I stopped at.....and at least the Pats are up 20-zilch:)

Got Stripers
12-08-2002, 06:38 PM
I had a nice day, caught a bunch of schoolies, I'd put up the number but that would just rude. Then there would be those that say schoolies, especially wintering schoolies, really ain't striper fishing. To me a 40 degree day, with a nice warm sun and not much wind and a fish almost every time I put my 4-1/2 inch split tail in the water, well that's fishing. Yeah to me it's worth spending 3-1/2 hours in the truck to do it. I'm a sick, sick man, no cure, no way, even if there was one don't want it.

Bill L
12-09-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Got Stripers
I had a nice day, caught a bunch of schoolies, I'd put up the number but that would just rude.
Thanks for sparing me the agonizing details, GS :crying:
Steve, was at c-town early on, you didn't miss anything except an awesome sunrise (they get those too at Weekapaug??) Between me and three other guys, nothing. Was hoping of one last micro-rat-twinkie-dink, may try again next weekend depending on what the weather's like

fishweewee
12-09-2002, 08:33 AM
Steve,

At least you gave it a shot.

FWIW, I'm hearing from people that there are fish at CT river. They're snacking on herring so diamond jigs are reportedly working well there.

-WW

Van
12-09-2002, 09:00 AM
You guys are to be commended (or commited) for fishing this
late into the season !!!!!!;)

Good Job. :D

Maybe I need to fly south in the winter.... :smash:

JohnS
12-11-2002, 01:56 PM
How is the parking at your winter over grounds? I have not been this year, but another website was saying that the parking has been cut down. Is it true? If I remember correctly you like to fish there during the week as to avoid the opening day scene there.

Glad to hear your keeping them honest up there.
Take it easy,
JohnS