View Full Version : Anybody Listening To Susan Tedeschi?

Crafty Angler
12-02-2008, 12:27 AM
My music bud turned me on to her - she was here in Newport at the Sunset Festival - last year I think it was - but I had to work and missed her.

She's kinda got this early (as in real early) Bonnie Raitt thing going on with some Etta James in there too - the new album is good, just borrowed it from my bud to burn, it's called Back to the River.

Thought I remembered someone saying she was from the Cape originally - maybe part of the Tedeschi Market family, maybe? :huh:

Huh - just read the liner notes, Derek Trucks co-wrote a lot of the tunes and plays slide on a bunch of the tracks.

Give her a listen if you haven't yet - it's on the top of my playlist lately.

Slingah
12-02-2008, 06:14 AM
My music bud turned me on to her - she was here in Newport at the Sunset Festival - last year I think it was - but I had to work and missed her.

She's kinda got this early (as in real early) Bonnie Raitt thing going on with some Etta James in there too - the new album is good, just borrowed it from my bud to burn, it's called Back to the River.

Thought I remembered someone saying she was from the Cape originally - maybe part of the Tedeschi Market family, maybe? :huh:

Huh - just read the liner notes, Derek Trucks co-wrote a lot of the tunes and plays slide on a bunch of the tracks.

Give her a listen if you haven't yet - it's on the top of my playlist lately.

she is from Norwell Crafty..used to play around local.....and Derek Trucks is her husband...talented for sure..

Crafty Angler
12-02-2008, 06:21 AM
she is from Norwell Crafty..used to play around local.....and Derek Trucks is her husband...talented for sure..

Damn, didn't know that...that's quite a combo.

I hope they spawn - that's pretty much the deep end of the gene pool, musically speaking - wish I'd seen her live when she played here.

Thanks for the info, Slingah...:kewl:

Bigcat
12-02-2008, 06:23 AM
I like her stuff, Trucks plays on Buddy Guys new song.
Buddy is one of Americas great blues men, and still rockin at 70.:kewl:

sokinwet
12-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Susan T does a nice duet with one of my favorites Robben Ford on his latst release "Truth

http://music.download.com/robbenfordtruth/3600-8425_32-101062769.html

ThomCat
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Big fan, looooong time. Great pipes. Caught her with B.B. and Buddy at Fowoods a few years back.WOW!!!:cool: :heybaby:

fishbones
12-02-2008, 09:49 AM
She is from the family that started Tesdeschi Markets. In fact, I think she's the owners daughter if I remember correctly.

beaver
12-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I've been luckily enough to see them both play and to meet both of them. They do have a few little offspring but I'm not sure if they are quite old enough to pick up a guitar. Derek Trucks is actually a semi-serious fisherman as well.

boot man
12-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Musical kids? Check out local kid Quinn Sullivan playing with Buddy Guy.

Crafty Angler
12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Buddy is one of Americas great blues men, and still rockin at 70.:kewl:

Yup...:uhuh:

Slingah
07-27-2011, 10:22 PM
been listening to this again the past couple days
plus also the new one with her and hubby,,,,,,,

‪Susan Tedeschi ~ Hurt So Bad‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88LNk-_Tfr8)